• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not coming out nor is it canceled. it's just not.

I have hope ^_^

also, quoting myself for new page:

=================================================================================
Originally posted by maltrain:

These are the 37 confirmed games for PS4 until now:

assassinscreed4n.jpg

battlefield4f.jpg

blacklightwi.jpg

codghosts.jpg

carmageddon.jpg

cyberpunko.jpg

deepdown.jpg

destinya.jpg

diabloiiii.jpg

dokidoki.jpg

driveclub.jpg

dyinglight.jpg

fifa2014.jpg

hohokum.jpg

infamousd.jpg

killzonec.jpg

knackw.jpg

lordsofthefallen.jpg

maddennfl25.jpg

nbalive.jpg

needforspeeds.jpg

primalcarnage.jpg

pes2014.jpg

rocketbirdsq.jpg

shadowwarriorx.jpg

silentenemy.jpg

sniperelite3.jpg

theevilwithin.jpg

thepinballarcade.jpg

thewalkingdeadn.jpg

thewitcher3.jpg

thewitness.jpg

thiefs.jpg

ufcwd.jpg

warthunder.jpg

watchdogs.jpg

wolfensteinl.jpg

==================================================================================

CHOO CHOO!! All aboard!!

Pennywise

I can see them dropping most games, but not all. Not having Fifa would cost them a chunk of Europe, for example. It will depend on the game, much like what they still offer on Steam.

Eh, actually I can still see them putting all games on the PS4, and just offering MS timed exclusives.

It's not just Fifa.
That would be a suicide and investors would give EA the hell on earth.

Wait, The Walking Dead S2 is confirmed for PS4?

EA UFC, InFamous: Second Son, Walking Dead S2, Knack (Maybe) and Diablo 3 already at a minimum, jesus fuck. And you know Square is dropping some bombs too. Best launch year ever? Could be.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can see them dropping most games, but not all. Not having Fifa would cost them a chunk of Europe, for example. It will depend on the game, much like what they still offer on Steam.

Eh, actually I can still see them putting all games on the PS4, and just offering MS timed exclusives.

Or exclusive content like Ultimate Team DLC. Game budgets are too high for any of this exclusive stuff, even timed exclusives. It's a lot to sacrifice just to bully Sony into submission.

beast786

I am so tired of these all next gen bad news thread. I am dying for some good news... Seriously. This is suppose to be some exciting times

Wait, The Walking Dead S2 is confirmed for PS4?

When asked whether you'd be able to carry your saves over from PS3 to PS4, Boyle responded, "Season 2 will read what you did in Season 1 and that will tailor some of the things that happened in Season 2. They'll be a lot more social and in-between episode features for Season 2 that definitely exploit what the new platforms have to offer. We're super-excited about PlayStation 4 and what all the other big console manufacturers have in store."

Pushed for clarification whether this meant that PS3 saves would be able to transfer to PS4 in some way, Boyle began, "We can't say anything about that specifically right now, but..." only to be interrupted by Bruner, who said the following: "We're in close contact with Sony and they understand what is the secret recipe of The Walking Dead so expect that we'll be talking about it soon."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...laystation-4-may-get-your-ps3-saves-after-all

Pubs need Sony just as much as Sony needs them in fact i would say in some ways pubs need Sony more for eg Japanese pubs .
None of the big games will be exclusives time or other wise since pubs would lose to much money .

i-Lo

I am so tired of these all next gen bad news thread. I am dying for some good news... Seriously. This is suppose to be some exciting times

Besides the inevitable slew of games to be unveiled at E3, we, the gamers have enforce principled guidelines to reap good news for ourselves down the line.

RaijinFY

If this rumor is true, this is the most important thing about their DRM. I can see EA requesting Sony to have the ability to block their games and if they wouldn't comply, EA would just drop their game support to their platform al á Wii U.

If EA does that, EA is finished.

beast786

im going to assume Sony will reconfirm some of these games during their E3 event? since we only got 4 games during the reveal.

4 were exclusive.(kz, 2nd son, knack, drive club)

They talked about watch dogs, destiny, diablo 3 , witness, deep down, witness

given all the hype, I hope the live streams would hold. I was having a bit of problem getting a good stream for the feb meeting. And I suppose gaf would be overwhelmed as well.

I might give the live keynote a miss, and watch it later before reading any news (which would be difficult).

given all the hype, I hope the live streams would hold. I was having a bit of problem getting a good stream for the feb meeting. And I suppose gaf would be overwhelmed as well.

I might give the live keynote a miss, and watch it later before reading any news (which would be difficult).

oddly enough, Gametrailers seems to have had the best feed for both the Sony meeting in Feb and the recent MS one, even though normally their video player sucks.

Endo Punk

TLG images hurt me. Hurt me real bad.

Yep. I bought the PS3 on the promise of a Team ICO game. Now not only has the promise been broken but the idea of Team ICO being the Ghibli of gaming is completely shattered. If anything it proves that PS3 was really a clusterfuck to make games for or maybe the team just bit off more than they can chew. I sure hope they can get it done on PS4.

Yep. I bought the PS3 on the promise of a Team ICO game. Now not only has the promise been broken but the idea of Team ICO being the Ghibli of gaming is completely shattered. If anything it proves that PS3 was really a clusterfuck to make games for or maybe the team just bit off more than they can chew. I sure hope they can get it done on PS4.

It seemed like they ran into the same issue with the PSone. That ICO demo looks way beyond anything on that platform, and it was eventually moved to the PS2. In some ways you could probably say that SotC was another example of them just pushing a platform too far. TLG seemed to be doing a lot that could probably make the PS3 choke. Detailed destruction, lots of particle effects, Toriko's feathers being individually rendered etc.

argj8i.gif

Pistolero

It doesn't change the fact that with Uead-san leaving, his team will get dismantled...
I was a fan of both Ico and SotC...

Are we at least certain that The Last Guardian was moved to the PS4?

JCreasy

Crazy fantasy jag here . . .

If Sony really wants to win: Kaz makes a surprise appearance at the E3 press conference and declares emphatically Sony's stance AGAINST DRM for used games.

I think he would get a standing ovation, press included. It would be HUGE! That one move would own E3 2013.

B.O.O.M

With the rumor of Bloody Roar going around...I was wondering what the heck Seth is up to! He is listed as a Lead Game Designer at the moment so he must be up to something for sure. Given his background, could be a fighting game.

Also I actually HOPE TLG has gone to PS4 now. I know that ex-sony employee who is a gaf member said something similar and it gives me hope that it's true. A game like that should be on the PS4 where it won't face any limitations on what the dev team wants to achieve.

Empty

why would they not just cancel it when ueda was confirmed to be leaving. why fire him and then re-hire him as a contractor till the game is finished if they aren't still looking to salvage something from it. then the best way to get a return is to use it as a ps4 system seller.

i still believe

Crazy fantasy jag here . . .

If Sony really wants to win: Kaz makes a surprise appearance at the E3 press conference and declares emphatically Sony's stance AGAINST DRM for used games.

I think he would get a standing ovation, press included. It would be HUGE! That one move would own E3 2013.

Oh, god, that would be such a dick slap to MS that'd it'd be genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom