• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is NOW sending out Killzone 2 Beta Codes to USA PS Underground Members

Cruzader

Banned
chubigans said:
Ah, so I was wrong.

Awesome. :D
Nah, you're partially right. LBP and Socom cant be but for some reason KZ2 US beta seems to be. Not sure what to make of it but maybe GG/sony want tons of ppls in this one?

Enojado

Man, I'd love to have a crack at the beta but a big portion of me is worried that this is a glitch that will result in PSN bannings once found out.

Cruzader

Banned
not sure about banning. In that case, how come ppls that gameshare Burnout which is a retail game, dont? Also stop PMing me ppls!! I dont have the beta. I was only able to play it through a friend so get your own. If I did have a code however I would make a new account to share with 4 others.

Snipes424

JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM PLAYSTATION UNDERGROUND

Subject: "Playstation Store New Downloads." I was pretty excited for about .5 seconds :(

Snipes424 said:
JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM PLAYSTATION UNDERGROUND

Subject: "Playstation Store New Downloads." I was pretty excited for about .5 seconds :(

Yeah, me too

Also, throwing my name in the hat for a share.

Foil

Haven't seen many Gaffers online in the beta yet. Or atleast people who I could remember seeing. Think I ran into WaxFreeVanilla in a few matches earlier today along with another person with a GAF tag. Good games.

Have they said anything officially on the beta sharing? I want to help some gaf members get into it but not at the cost of being banned from PSN or losing access to Killzone 2.

The Faceless Master said:
so what are we allowed to talk about in this beta, if anything?

Not sure. I really wish we could talk about it openly.

Foil said:
Haven't seen many Gaffers online in the beta yet. Or atleast people who I could remember seeing. Think I ran into WaxFreeVanilla in a few matches earlier today along with another person with a GAF tag. Good games.

Have they said anything officially on the beta sharing? I want to help some gaf members get into it but not at the cost of being banned from PSN or losing access to Killzone 2.

Not sure. I really wish we could talk about it openly.

Yes, please beta share with me if you don't mind :( I'm going out of my mind wanting to play killzone 2.

Read the poster that made the comment about how he and his friend shared and were both playing at the same time with no problems.

Here to confirm that both him and I played together at the same tim in the same game...so there ya go. Also this beta rocks...better than the socom one for sure.

^^^^^^

Ploid 3.0

So people don't get banned for sharing the beta? I know someone that let a friend use it without knowing how strict the killzone2 beta was with banning consoles.

Ploid 3.0 said:
So people don't get banned for sharing the beta? I know someone that let a friend use it without knowing how strict the killzone2 beta was with banning consoles.

i seriously doubt you will get your account banned. if they wanted to restrict access they could

PseudoZ

Neo Member
Private Hoffman said:
i seriously doubt you will get your account banned. if they wanted to restrict access they could

Exactly. If they wanted to be that strict, they would have locked the share feature.

Share with me!

Ploid 3.0

Private Hoffman said:

Coo I'm glad that "my friend" isn't in trouble. So how long does the beta last? And if we post pictures and such we can get our account banned?

lupinko

I think GG is pulling an Incognito/Santa Monica Studio on this one like the whole Warhawk-BETA sharing fiasco.

A lot of us complained about it in the beta forums back then but those fell on deaf ears.

Like what was already said, if they wanted to restrict sharing, they would have done so already.

Ploid 3.0

PseudoZ said:
You should definitely have your "friend" PM me, I have a "friend" that will PayPal for access.

lol, for being awesome I would like to have him hook you up, but the beta code was entered on a maxed out PSN account. Could disable a ps3 but party console would lack psn content access.

PseudoZ

Neo Member
Ploid 3.0 said:
lol, for being awesome I would like to have him hook you up, but the beta code was entered on a maxed out PSN account. Could disable a ps3 but party console would lack psn content access.

Ahh man, okay. I PM'd you but you can disregard it.

Anyone that is reading this and is willing to share, I'll pay $10 PayPal. PM me if interested.

Hmm...so should I scramble to find someone to share, or just wait until the probable open public beta in the coming weeks? Tough decisions...

PseudoZ said:
Ahh man, okay. I PM'd you but you can disregard it.

Anyone that is reading this and is willing to share, I'll pay $10 PayPal. PM me if interested.

This.

Anybody else having issues logging into the beta section of Killzone.com tonight? It keeps giving me 500 errors when I sign in with my PSN id.

Also, when I was on KZ.com the other day, I couldn't seem to find these supposed beta forums. I could only find the regular forums that anyone can read.

DrPirate

Banned
Yes. i'm teasing, but I really need to share how happy I am.

I spent about 8 hours with it now, you people begging for betas, beg harder, it's worth it.

I would love to share this with another Gaffer, but I'm maxed out with family and friends.

This is THE best multiplayer shooter I've played since Counter-Strike. I can't get enough. (that's all I'm allowed to say right?)....If it's too much someone tell me I'll just delete everything but it really just wants to burst out there.

DrPirate

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Anybody else having issues logging into the beta section of Killzone.com tonight? It keeps giving me 500 errors when I sign in with my PSN id.

Also, when I was on KZ.com the other day, I couldn't seem to find these supposed beta forums. I could only find the regular forums that anyone can read.

They're going up for us tomorrow. They aren't up yet.

Ploid 3.0

DrPirate said:

I spent about 8 hours with it now, you people begging for betas, beg harder, it's worth it.

I would love to share this with another Gaffer, but I'm maxed out with family and friends.

This is THE best multiplayer shooter I've played since Counter-Strike. I can't get enough. (that's all I'm allowed to say right?)....If it's too much someone tell me I'll just delete everything but it really just wants to burst out there.

:D

DrPirate said:

I'm inclined to agree. I especially love the way rounds flow into each other. It really helps to keep the flow of a match going.
DrPirate said:
They're going up for us tomorrow. They aren't up yet.
Ah, that makes sense.

mr_nothin

Banned
JLTKJW$^L:JK$L^J$^
I'm a CSS freak so that makes me pretty happy :D
The sniper video really looks alot like css anyways
Somebody share with me!

Can anybody confirm that game sharing works and more than likely wont affect either of the 2 accounts. If you've been game sharing, then how long have you been doing it and can both users play at the same time?

Ploid 3.0

mr_nothin said:
JLTKJW$^L:JK$L^J$^
I'm a CSS freak so that makes me pretty happy :D
The sniper video really looks alot like css anyways
Somebody share with me!

Can anybody confirm that game sharing works and more than likely wont affect either of the 2 accounts. If you've been game sharing, then how long have you been doing it and can both users play at the same time?

Both can play at the same time. No ban hammer yet. It would be a shame for them to ban us all. :(

i sure hope that public beta shows up soon cause i dont know how long i can wait until i start begging for shares or end up trading something of value away for one.:lol :lol

anyone wanna share!!!!!!!

jmd494

Wait...people are sharing this game? Is there a list to sign up to be shared with?

Please game share with me...I'm not an account/CC thief...I just really want to play KZ2 really, really, REALLY bad.

Edit: Anyone who shares with me can have a copy of all of my 32 PSN titles, including 9 PSone titles and 23 full games (minus whatever number of those are blocked from sharing of course)

Ploid 3.0

When I first started woohooing I stood there in shock. The game looks amazing. So pretty and hardly a jaggie to be seen, everything looks so polished, the game looks slick. Also sounds very good, the animation, and the controls are great. I like how our weapon moves when you jump. Weight.

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone feeling generous? I played the first Killzone for over 200 hours online, I'm really bummed that all you guys are getting to have fun with it and I have to sit here out in the cold. :(

So I'm assuming the beta is shareable, since everyone seems to be asking and all :p

Won't that get the original beta testers in trouble?

Ploid 3.0

Metalmurphy said:
So I'm assuming the beta is shareable, since everyone seems to be asking and all :p

Won't that get the original beta testers in trouble?

No one knows. How would they know wo is the original anyway. They made it so you don't have to be on the account that activated the beta. It seems to be in the same category as a normal psn game. If anything the people that weren't invited will get banned, and since the invite process seemed so random (giving one to a person without ps3...) I doubt anyone will get in trouble. Maybe after a while they will have a mass beta going on like lbp to test the server load.

This game is going to be huge and amazingly polished when it launched. The online is going to be a beast.

Top Bottom