• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Issues Manual Copyright Strikes Against YouTubers Just For Discussing No Man's S

bj00rn_

Banned
"What a confusing game! What do you even do?"
Then it was "An indie game for $60? Way too expensive!"
Last week we had "No review copies until launch? Game is trash confirmed! Told you guys!"
Yesterday it was "Fuck Hello Games for releasing an incomplete game that needs a Day 1 patch!"
Today it's "Fuck Sony! Arrogant Sony back confirmed! All preorders cancelled!"

All of those, except one (and except your exaggerations), are kind of true though. So why shouldn't people have a say.

bj00rn_

Banned
which one?

I believe there was review copies afterall, wasn't there?

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure the game will be good. I'm just commenting on what has been happening around it. It was a messaging disaster from the moment Murray started constantly bla-bla-ing about his "quintillions".

Lothars

I believe there was review copies afterall, wasn't there?

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure the game will be good. I'm just commenting on what has been happening around it. It was a messaging disaster from the moment Murray started constantly bla-bla-ing about his "quintillions".
In all those cases, it's an insane overreaction. It makes no sense why some are acting this way but the overreactions are beyond stupid.

bj00rn_

Banned
I don't think his point was that any of those things weren't true, but that the reactions to them were extreme

I don't like pure shitposting. But on the other hand, I also think part of the problem is: Having a different opinion = Extreme.

Take a look at the Elite:Dangerous threads, it has been possible to both discuss the good and the bad sides about it, and there hasn't been much malice because of it. Critique can be interesting, circle-jerks not so much.

In all those cases, it's an insane overreaction. It makes no sense why some are acting this way but the overreactions are beyond stupid.

I agree that calculated shitposting to stick it "to the other side" isn't good for anyone. But honest knee-jerk reactions is normal, and there's not much wrong with that per se, it's part of the game.

Lothars

I don't like pure shitposting. But on the other hand, I also think part of the problem is: Having a different opinion = Extreme.

Take a look at the Elite:Dangerous threads, it has been possible to both discuss the good and the bad sides about it, and there hasn't been much malice because of it. Critique can be interesting, circle-jerks not so much.

I agree that calculated shitposting to stick it "to the other side" isn't good for anyone. But honest knee-jerk reactions is normal, and there's nothing wrong with that, part of the game.
There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion, I don't have an opinion one way or another to No Man Sky. Its' the people that are automatically jumping to Sony is back to being arrogant or Sony sucks, I am cancelling my preorder that are being called out deservingly so.

If someone doesn't like the game and at least says why than I don't see them being called out at all.

RexNovis

Banned
WHy is Sony filing any claims on this game's content? They dont own it. Its not a first party game. It's made by an independent studio. This is incredibly dumb.

Top Bottom