• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Issues Manual Copyright Strikes Against YouTubers Just For Discussing No Man's S

I've seen people say this but how permanent is it exactly? I've seen a few youtubers manage to get back their channel after it has been supposedly removed.

If the strike was valid I would say 100% permanent.

For an invalid strike I would think that it would depend on your network (people you know + management company if you have one) so it can be relatively easy for some but impossible for others

flkraven

I think after a certain point if I company files too many invalid strikes against youtube accounts they should be locked from filing strikes in the future. This would help prevent bullshit attacks on innocent streamers.

Wereroku

Yeah, they just manual made several times the same mistake, for the exact same game, while only giving review copies on day 1 to prevent discussion surrounding it.

Outlets have the game now so they actually gave out review copies before day one. Or are you purposefully lying to get your point across?

But... it comes out today. Why now? Lol somebody done fucked it up.

Comes out tomorrow. They have been taking down leaked footage for a few days now this is the case of using it incorrectly.

OT should really be updated. Sony has admitted they made a mistake, and have removed the claim against videos that have not used leaked footage.

Edit: Source - at least for one Youtube channel anyway...

"We Were CENSORED by No Man's Sky! - The Know"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZoBqfWxqk

"UPDATE: SCEA has released the copyright claim against our original news update, acknowledged it was a mistake, and apologized! Being angry over internet injustice has worked wonders once again!"

And as have many suggested, the drama was resolved. Greedy Sony.

Outlets have the game now so they actually gave out review copies before day one. Or are you purposefully lying to get your point across?

You know damn well I'm talking about the embargo, no need to be obtuse for one day. The fact is, they're purposefully trying to control what is being talked about regarding NMS.

Wereroku

You know damn well I'm talking about the embargo, no need to be obtuse for one day. The fact is, they're purposefully trying to control what is being talked about regarding NMS.

Hard to guess that when you said giving copies out day one as opposed to saying they had an embargo until day 1. Those are two different statements so no I didn't realize that's what you meant. The fact is though they didn't have the patch ready until today so I am not sure what you want Sony to do about the fact that NMS wasn't finished until today. Anyway outlets would have needed weeks to do a full review of the game anyway so embargoing for one more day isn't going to change anything really.

The details have been discussed already but I like to point out the thread title looks like someone is about to mention No Man's Sky before they were swiftly taken down by a strike.

Guymelef

You only have to read Sean's Twitter to see how he is the first interested on people not judgging the game witouth day one patch.
Not just an evil Sony thing.

you think they're hiding something? the game is shit?

I don't know but this situation lines up with what has been happening regarding NMS in my opinion.

Hard to guess that when you said giving copies out day one as opposed to saying they had an embargo until day 1. Those are two different statements so no I didn't realize that's what you meant. The fact is though they didn't have the patch ready until today so I am not sure what you want Sony to do about the fact that NMS wasn't finished until today. Anyway outlets would have needed weeks to do a full review of the game anyway so embargoing for one more day isn't going to change anything really.

Outlets don't usually need weeks to review a game so I don't see why that would've been the case with this single player game. And regarding the patch, maybe don't release an incomplete game if you don't think that it's good enough?

You only have to read Sean's Twitter to see how he is the first interested on people not judgging the game witouth day one patch.
Not just an evil Sony thing.

I never talked about "an evil Sony thing" so I don't know what your talking about.

Wereroku

I don't know but this situation lines up with what has been happening regarding NMS in my opinion.

Outlets don't usually need weeks to review a game so I don't see why that would've been the case with this single player game. And regarding the patch, maybe don't release an incomplete game if you don't think that it's good enough?

I never talked about "an evil Sony thing" so I don't know what your talking about.

They didn't. The game releases tomorrow and will be complete. Not sure why you are yelling at clouds right now. Also this game is huge it will need at least a week or 2 for a full review without the exploits some of the early buyers found.

Bluenoser

It's actually a multiplayer game. You're on quite a roll.

Those same people won't care if it was a mistake, or how fast it was resolved.

I know and these people make GAF sometimes unpleasant platform for discussion. The good is that the majority can criticise and build good argumentatio, hence there is hope. Non the less, burn Sony! :D

Mahonay

Banned
It's actually a multiplayer game. You're on quite a roll.
The galaxies are shared but it is not a multiplayer game. There is an extremely low chance of running into other players because of the sheer size of the galaxy. At most you will see things that have been named by other people. Sean Murray himself said it's nearly a 0 percent chance of running into a player naturally.

There may be something patched in down the road that lets you play with people, but currently, it is a solo experience.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That far more draconian than anything Nintendo has done so far, and they are usually the worst. I had actually pegged Sony as a bit more lenient in that regard, perhaps i was wrong. I mean, i get it is before launch and they have had leak issues already, but this shit is indefensible man

Jesus Christ, what is it about anything NMS related on this forum that seems to bring out the worst in people?

For months it has been "What a confusing game! What do you even do?"
Then it was "An indie game for $60? Way too expensive!"
Last week we had "No review copies until launch? Game is trash confirmed! Told you guys!"
Yesterday it was "Fuck Hello Games for releasing an incomplete game that needs a Day 1 patch!"
Today it's "Fuck Sony! Arrogant Sony back confirmed! All preorders cancelled!"

It's almost entertaining in its absurdity. God help us if the game actually makes a run at GAF's GotY voting. ;)

Kyrios

Jesus Christ, what is it about anything NMS related on this forum that seems to bring out the worst in people?

Last week we had "No review copies until launch? Game is trash confirmed! Told you guys!"
Yesterday it was "Fuck Hello Games for releasing an incomplete game that needs a Day 1 patch!"

It's almost entertaining in its absurdity. God help us if the game actually makes a run at GAF's GotY voting. ;)

The thirst for space games is real I guess. Really has been nuts on here about this game.

UrbanRats

A lot of games suffer similar skepticism and backlash.
The fact that the game is proposing a nebulous (no pun intended) game design, that a lot of people still haven't been able to visualize in their heads, fueled some of this skepticism.

It's not like D1 review copies weren't ever criticized before.

They didn't. The game releases tomorrow and will be complete. Not sure why you are yelling at clouds right now. Also this game is huge it will need at least a week or 2 for a full review without the exploits some of the early buyers found.

I'm not, if it was true they wouldn't put an embargo specifically because they want people to get the full experience. I still don't think that a week or 2 is going to be the case as far as review goes, I can't recall a single player game which took this much time to get reviewed, but we'll see soon enough.

Connected to a server with other players, but yeah you won't play with any of them. Infrastructure is in place to have interaction between players though so that's cool.

So what exactly are you arguing for? Just pointlessly arguing against me?

icespide

Banned
I'm not, if it was true they wouldn't put an embargo specifically because they want people to get the full experience. I still don't think that a week or 2 is going to be the case as far as review goes, I can't recall a single player game which took this much time to get reviewed, but we'll see soon enough.

just to be clear. you think there's a day 1 embargo on No Man's Sky because Sony is trying to hide that the game is bad. that pretty much it?

Ooccoo

Call me a hater, but everything leading up to the release tomorrow reeks. I don't buy that the game will be worth $90 CAD (with taxes) even with that big day one patch. This is ultimately Sony's fault though: by trying to silence criticism (and to an extent, spoilers), it only hampers my hype. It raises a giant red flag about the final game's quality too. Hello Games had YEARS to build No Man's Sky and now we're seeing a desperate dev/publisher because the hype has winded down a lot. Especially moreso that some people got their hands on actual copies and are playing the game. The new patch feels like an emergency solution to the inevitable deluge of 7s the game will get. The next few days will be interesting to say the least.

then what exactly are you getting at with all the "things" lining up? (review day embargo, shutting down streams, big day 1 patch, etc.)

That they're trying to control the message surronding the game? Which I already said.

But ... that's what every company does with every product launch ever.

Not really, every company does its best to have the best launch ever but that's often through their means, not every company will try to control what the public and the media says about their product.

icespide

Banned
Not really, every company does its best to have the best launch ever but that's often through their means, not every company will try to control what the public and the media says about their product.

other game companies don't make use of review embargos, day 1 patches, or take down streams before release? I really don't get why No Man's Sky is getting singled out for any of this

Macleoid

This game is gonna shit isn't it?

I think the game looks pretty cool, but lack a platform that can play it. Regardless it's generated the best neogaf drama in ages and has already provided me with just as much entertainment as any AAA from a huge studio!

Top Bottom