• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: It May Take Months To Replace You BC PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

Danish
BoilersFan23 said:
Anyway, this is just for Europe, who has a much smaller supply of 60GB consoles (with no 80GB or 20GB). The U.S. is a different story where Sony has quite a stock of 60GB, 20GB, 80GB, and 40GB consoles. Anyone I know of from the U.S. said getting a replacement of their SKU did not take long at all. The only way for SCEA to run out is if most every 20GB/60GB/80GB broke at once, from what I heard.

Kosma's situation sucks, no doubt, but I read this and was immediately taken aback at how insane yet familiar these different terms have become. You've got 20GB, 40GB, 60GB, and 80GB listed in a single paragraph and it really hit home how fucked up current-gen gaming can be. Not that the terms themselves are overly complicated, just seeing how they're related to console gaming is the part that's still a touch odd to think about.

I seem to recall when people were irate at the notion of console gaming becoming more like the PC because they preferred the convenience that console gaming provided. I mean, jesus, how many SKUs does console gaming need to get the damn job done?

(And no, I'm not attacking Sony here. Just ... musing on how this industry has changed with the advent of this generation.)

Wonderful, now I'm all paranoid. I wonder about the possibility of getting an 80GB replacement, since I paid $500 for a 60GB model (specifically because of the BC).

Nah, that wouldn't happen.

GavinGT

Banned
Bad form, sir.

s_2011.jpg

Here I thought some sort of BC was going to come with PS4

T_T

And here I was hoping that there was a post in this thread with some solid time frame to be recognized for sending in an original 60GB PS3 and when it would be on its way back. I've got a busted 60GB unit just laying around in my room, is it just a massive doorstopper now or can I actually get it fixed?

Bad form, sir.

s_2011.jpg

Run Home Jack!

And here I was hoping that there was a post in this thread with some solid time frame to be recognized for sending in an original 60GB PS3 and when it would be on its way back. I've got a busted 60GB unit just laying around in my room, is it just a massive doorstopper now or can I actually get it fixed?

You're better off trading it in somewhere. The cost to get those fixed anywhere official is almost one your way to a new unit.

Kosma

Banned
One less PS4 sold! This bump got timed nicely with the possible upcoming new consoles.

Thats my reasoning really, I was really getting excited for the Orbis/720 but then I remembered that Sony never replaced my broken BC model. (I think I just got store credit after 3 months)

This is definately a no no on Sony's next console.

This shit is up there with Nintendo charging money for games you already own.

Radec

I hope Sony never put BC on the PS4 on any sku so that there would be less crying about not getting theirs replaced with the same exact sku.

If BC is your thing, use your PS3 or PS2 next gen.

Rat Salad

Banned
LOL. Luv the bump! And to think Sony was preaching BC hard before this gen started. Let this be a lesson to you guys. Don't buy into Sony's horse shit next time around.

Kosma

Banned
I hope Sony never put BC on the PS4 on any sku so that there would be less crying about not getting theirs replaced with the same exact sku.

If BC is your thing, use your PS3 or PS2 next gen.

So your reasoning for not having BC next gen is so that people won't demand working products?

Do you work for Sonys Bean Counter Department?

M.Bluth

I'm still salty over this Sony. Reminds me to never buy your stuff again.

Not as salty as me for spending 5 full minutes reading your 5 year old thread before noticing that it's a stupid bump.

I'm glad you never got your PS3 fixed, clearly you don't deserve any good in this world if you're the type of person that would bump their own 5 year old thread.

madmackem

I have a better story, i bought a japan 360 old school component version which all there was back then, it got fucked up as most of them did back then it was before the whole rrod own up, and no word of a lie i had to wait 6 months for them to fix and return it. I made about 30 calls, i wasnt to annoyed as it was a jpn unit and i was in the uk so really ms didnt have to repair it for me but that 6 month wait was pretty insane as i had a few pal machines that had a week turn around repairs.

Not as salty as me for spending 5 full minutes reading your 5 year old thread before noticing that it's a stupid bump.

I'm glad you never got your PS3 fixed, clearly you don't deserve any good in this world if you're the type of person that would bump their own 5 year old thread.

Lol what's so bad about bumping a thread?

Mr YuYu

I'm glad you never got your PS3 fixed,clearly you don't deserve any good in this world if you're the type of person that would bump their own 5 year old thread.

You sound like a classy guy... thumbs up!

And what is with everybody defending the corparations in situations like this?? I don't get it...

Radec

So your reasoning for not having BC next gen is so that people won't demand working products?

Do you work for Sonys Bean Counter Department?

Thank God we wont be enjoying your company next gen at the PlayStation Network. Love the salty tears btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom