• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony killed Lik-Sang :(

Danj

glaurung said:
So, is PLAY-ASIA next in line?

They shouldn't be, because they already caved in to illegal pressure from Sony the other year before the PSP launch and so they do not ship any PSP related stuff to Europe. So there is no reason for Sony to attack them.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm starting up Vook-Sang with the sole purose of importing PSP's and PS3's into Europe and here in Australia who is with me!

Zaptruder

Banned
plagiarize said:
yeah quick get the SDF force in here.

meanwhile i'll go get the popcorn.

this is very very sad though. I got a lot of good stuff through lik-sang. still lately i've been using play-asia exclusively, because of how they handled the DS lite launch about ten times better than anyone else. NOT asking for more money, and sending out free gifts to apologise for a two week delay in shipping due to the shortages.

SDF reporting:

Big **** you Sony Europe. What the **** are they that ****ing dumb? If they even think about touching Play-asia... well, I guess I will no longer be able to support anything Sony (and ironically, I won't be able to buy any asian X360 games ; ;)

Wollan

I ordered a PSP from them in the same month as it launched in Japan. They lowered the price a week after my purchase. I just sent a mail and they paid me back the difference from the price cut even though I didn't technically have any rights for that.

R.I.P Lik-Sang.

EDIT: Actually, that was Play-Asia. I mixed the sites.

Ogni-XR21

I got my Famicom style GBA from them, and wanted to complete my Sega History Collection. This sucks big time...

I'm really thinking of boycotting Sony now! Who needs a PSP and a PS3 anyway - and **** BRD!!!!1!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some Russian billionaire should buy up every PS3 and airdrop them on little parachutes all over Europe from now till March.

and yet we Europeans will STILL continue to support Sony!
Heck we'd buy a PS3 "even if no games were released for it".

We lost a great import option today. I only hope play asia remains safe.

Pimpwerx

Yeah, this is some bs. Import shops serve various purposes. Besides offering access to all the titles that never hit our shores, or take too long, they're also community meeting places. Lik-Sang was supposedly one of the best online importers, and this sucks. It makes no sense to me either, for the reasons others have already explained. PEACE.

Wow...I used Lik-sang for almost all my imports. :-(

You'll be missed, LS!

Maybe I should look into piracy instead of purchases for my import desires, eh, Sony?

jarosh

noooooo.jpg

image_preview

Noooooo!!.JPG

51132789_206434875c_m.jpg

Nooooo.gif

istockphoto_1130599_cat_scream.jpg

30633439_52268c8a1f_m.jpg

scream.jpg

109476LQSp_w.jpg

Zylander

Lik-Sang really screwed me over on a big order once, back when they were going through their last court case and were really disoganised. I never shopped with them again.

If this happens to someplace like Play Asia though, I will cry!

This absolutely bites, I used them a hell of a lot over the years and they were always fantastic. Huge **** off to Sony, utter bollox.

yilmazz

OH NOES!

They brought me two pairs of dreamcast maracas when I could get them nowhere else.. they shall not be forgotten. :(

**** them hypocrytical SONY idiots - FFS even the european SONY Executives where buying stuff from there. And PSP is bombing in Japan anyways, they should be HAPPY someone is willing to boost JPN sales artificially or the Japanese Sony Stockholders would complain even more. . And the moron judge that I am sure has not clue whatsoever what this is about. F***NG idiots. I feel like cancelling my PS3 pre-order now.

Zaptruder

Banned
Leondexter said:
Wow...I used Lik-sang for almost all my imports. :-(

You'll be missed, LS!

Maybe I should look into piracy instead of purchases for my import desires, eh, Sony?

Seriously. Normally, I wouldn't condone such a thing... but **** them. If they're going to screw with our consumer rights... then **** them.

The gaming world needs to rise in a row over this.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?

I don't ****ing believe it. **** you Sony! SCEE is the worst piece of shit branch I've seen, outdoing Capcom Europe by a ****ing nautical mile. If Sony wants my money, they are gonna get it through play-asia or play.com.

I will never again buy a SCEE published software or hardware. I hope someone rapes them financially somehow.

FUCK YOU SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE, YOU ARE DEAD.

arhra

darthbane2k said:
You mean we'll buy it at an insane price, even if no games were released for it, six months after the rest of the world, and we'd be happy about it.

**** you Sony, you bunch of ****s.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Oni Jazar said:
Serious Question: Is Play Asia safe?

I believe so. They folded like a house of cards under the pressure from Sony, and gave away, if I remember correctly.

LOcKY

I Hope Sony crash and burn.. CRASH AND BURN!

Im sure Lik-Sang wont be the only people they will be after, but im guessing Sony is hoping that this will Detour any other importer in the present and future.

Sang-Lik Rise from the Grave!

Chinese names can be named Faye Wong or Wong Faye :lol

Oh no. Lik-Sang was my first importer. I imported the Wavebird Moths before it was released here.

What about Yesasia and Playasia? Are they in danger too? :[
edit: ok :/

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Ha!

NoE are saints by comparison.

The name and shame part of the press release is the best bit.

ziran

over the years lik-sang has been one of the best online retailers i've used. they've been reliable, friendly, quick and offered a great selection.

if they close totally, without re-opening after the dust settles, something valuable has been lost. online retailers are ten a penny, great ones aren't.

:(

bhytre said:
Furthermore, Sony have failed to disclose to the London High Court that not only the world wide gaming community in more than 100 countries relied on Lik-Sang for their gaming needs, but also Sony Europe's very own top directors repeatedly got their Sony PSP hard or software imports in nicely packed Lik-Sang parcels with free Lik-Sang Mugs or Lik-Sang Badge Holders, starting just two days after Japan's official release, as early as 14th of December 2004 (more than nine months earlier than the legal action). The list of PSP related Sony Europe orders reads like the who's who of the videogames industry, and includes Ray Maguire (Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Alan Duncan (UK Marketing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Chris Sorrell (Creative Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Rob Parkin (Development Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited), just to name a few.
****ing hypocrites...

Zaptruder

Banned
Brobzoid said:

I don't ****ing believe it. **** you Sony! SCEE is the worst piece of shit branch I've seen, outdoing Capcom Europe by a ****ing nautical mile. If Sony wants my money, they are gonna get it through play-asia or play.com.

I will never again buy a SCEE published software or hardware. I hope someone rapes them financially somehow.

FUCK YOU SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE, YOU ARE DEAD.

Amen. **** SCEE. Slow, incomplete, overpriced. You've gone too far you assholes. I hope every single SCEE territory legalizes modchips like australia did back a few years ago.

Lapsed

Banned
Riddle me this GAF:

What is the point of making your hardware/software region free if you are just going to sue importers?

I liked Lik-Sang :(

jarosh

i ordered tons of stuff from liksang. psp, ds lite, gb micro, 2 ds phats, a LOT of software etc. and now... my wii pre-order?

where do i get my wii from now. what do i do. *starts breathing really fast*
what... should... i... do... PANIC OMG

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I fear the shit will hit the fan if Play-Asia goes ahead with PS3 orders.

This was like Sony using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, idiots.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Do like me, speak with your money.

No more first hand Sony consoles or games for me unless I *have* to buy them (work)

Teach those cvnts a lesson.

scarybore

darthbane2k said:

And people used to wonder why I am so against Sony's dominance in Europe :(

Sony now showing they can be just as stupid as Nintendo ever were/are. Second hand PS3 games only for me Sony, and they all better have ****ing 60hz modes while they are at it!

Thank **** for Play-Asia though, I haven't actually used Lik-Sang for years but seeing a company closes due to unjust pressure from Sony is ****ing frustrating to hear of. ****ing **** buckets!

meppi

Zaptruder said:
Seriously. Normally, I wouldn't condone such a thing... but **** them. If they're going to screw with our consumer rights... then **** them.

The gaming world needs to rise in a row over this.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Even though I detest piracy.
On days like these it seems to be our last option to fight back and hit them where it hurts. :(

And this coming from someone who just ordered 5 Neo games and still buys famicom games etc... damn

Top Bottom