• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Killing the PSP across the board.(Not just Japan Anymore)

matmanx1

I had many good times with my PSP's over the years. It was never my favorite system but i still managed to put hours and hours into Wipeout: Pure, Portable Ops, Liberty City Stories, Crisis Core, Dissidia, Monster Hunter and many others.

That being said, the Vita is a better machine in every single way except for the memory card situation. It won't ever have the library of games that the PSP does but it is a very worthy successor to the PSP in terms of hardware evolution.

Kagami

Am I the only one who's never used custom firmware?

I got my PSP fairly late (December 2009 -- the lilac-colored Hannah Montana 3000 model was on discount) and by that time, (1) new PSP games were coming with "install to memory stick" options, so slow loading from the UMD wasn't an issue on the games I got it to play, and (2) smartphones were already a thing, so the PSP's other functions besides playing PSP games didn't seem all that special.

I call that "late," but looking back now, it was only half-way through its lifetime, huh?
I've been thinking I should look into this CFW stuff so I can rip my UMDs for the future, for when working UMD drives start becoming harder to find.

Sanic

Hmmm, i'd like to pick one up but not for $140 retail. How often have they been getting clearanced out recently?

Jeels

Hmm, want to give this bad boy one last hurrah:

DSC_0759.JPG

This device was amazing as a Square Enix fan. So much variety and all really high quality stuff. :(

MechaX

Whoa, I missed this topic.

While it's not beating out the DS as my favorite handheld, goddamn, was the PSP still a strong contender western sales be damned. RIP.

Top Bottom