• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony now doing beta tests for PS4 firmware

Ramza

Banned
Wait.... If Share Play is 60FPS, is there any reason to believe that Remote Play can't be bumped to 60FPS?

I believe the idea originated with Sony, it just took them forever to implement and MS beat them to the punch.

Evidence? MS did stuff like this back in 360 gen and with Windows 7 and Windows 8. In fact, with Xbox One the betas are called "previews" just like Windows 8's public beta builds.

Ramza

Banned
Evidence? MS did stuff like this back in 360 gen and with Windows 7 and Windows 8. In fact, with Xbox One the betas are called "previews" just like Windows 8's public beta builds.

OH! I thought you were talking about the Suspend / Resume! My bad!

hawk2025

I've used 4 PS4s now. All continue to run the fans when downloading. It never fully goes into Rest mode until the downloads have completed. Same goes for cloud uploads. I said full blast, but that's misleading since the fan on my current PS4 only seems to run at one speed anyway. It's either on or off, which is very different than from the PS4 I put in my daughters room. Its fan stays on too, but at a normal level when downloading. Otherwise it's obnoxiously loud while playing games. Part of the reason I gave it to her.

Right., therefore, it needs to get checked. The fan is not supposed to run at only two speeds. :)

asmudge

Banned
I can delete trophies?? Whoa should have been there since last decade but ok.

Give me DLNA ffs so I can get rid of my ps3....

Wakka212

Has SharePlay been a feature a lot of you guys have been using?

The one time I found it useful was helping a friend of mine get through a difficult section of TLOU on survivor. Though it works surprisingly well, I've barely had any reason to use.

Fuck yeah

OCD dragging down my game completion percentage

Ha, yeah. I do wish it'd let me delete any game though, because there's stuff with one trophy I'd like to ditch too. Maybe just password protect if you try to delete something with trophies unlocked. Couldn't be that hard to do.

Is there any news on the shit PS4 library? At the very least there needs to be an option to delete demos from it.

The one time I found it useful was helping a friend of mine get through a difficult section of TLOU on survivor. Though it works surprisingly well, I've barely had any reason to use.

Been using it a bunch with a friend to play local multiplayer only games.

I would love to use it, I just don't have the Internet to handle it. Tried it once with a friend, he said it was unplayable and everything was just giant pixels. I have seriously terrible Internet though.

Ramza

Banned
I can't even get remote play to work properly on a good day. Share play has been flawless for me.

That's odd. Works great for me. Is your PS4 wired or wireless?

Wonder if they need to do some work on the decoding software on the Vita. I mean, the chip in it is more than powerful enough to do 720p/30fps, I'm sure it could do 720p/60fps

Why does this matter so much to people? Personally I think it's more important for them to focus on letting us delete useless items in the Library.

It's just annoying. If I play some shit PS+ game for five minutes it's just forever there on my list of games going "hey, remember that time you played me? Remember how shit I was?"

rawd

Ha, yeah. I do wish it'd let me delete any game though, because there's stuff with one trophy I'd like to ditch too. Maybe just password protect if you try to delete something with trophies unlocked. Couldn't be that hard to do.

Is there any news on the shit PS4 library? At the very least there needs to be an option to delete demos from it.

bye bye zero percentiles

Mercenary Kings
Don't Starve: Console Edition
CRASH COMMANDO
Rock of Ages
Pinball Arcade
Burn Zombie Burn!
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

Danlord

No friend login notification? Didn't we already see this in one of their official videos a few months ago?

Many times firmware updates include small features and improvements that don't get listed in the update log, so don't take these leaks as a definitive list of what will or won't be in 2.50.

Derpyduck

Banned
It's just annoying. If I play some shit PS+ game for five minutes it's just forever there on my list of games going "hey, remember that time you played me? Remember how shit I was?"

Don't they get bumped to the bottom of the list though? At least on PS4 my trophy list appears to be set to display based on most recently played.

Don't they get bumped to the bottom of the list though? At least on PS4 my trophy list appears to be set to display based on most recently played.

Basically I just want my list to be games I actually like, and there's a LOT of stuff on it that I did not like.

I know it's completely unimportant and I'm being stupid, but it really does annoy me to the point where I just can't become interested in trophies because my list is already so fucked up that I hate looking at it.

The trophy stuff is super minor, but Suspend/Resume and 60FPS Shareplay (and hopefully Remote Play) is super neat and worthy of the bump up to 2.50.

-griffy-

Banned
Just looking at the screengrabs, and I think it's worth noting it says "enter rest mode without any closing applications" and "keep applications suspended." I'm thinking this isn't full suspend resume for games, but only for apps like Netflix/Amazon. The system can already suspend those apps when you start a game, now they are letting you suspend them while in rest mode. If it was full suspend resume they would surely specify by saying "applications and games."

Danlord

Just looking at the screengrabs, and I think it's worth noting it says "enter rest mode without any closing applications" and "keep applications suspended." I'm thinking this isn't full suspend resume for games, but only for apps like Netflix/Amazon. The system can already suspend those apps when you start a game, now they are letting you suspend them while in rest mode. If it was full suspend resume they would surely specify by saying "applications and games."

A game is considered an application by the OS.

Nope, if you hit Options on a game when you have it running it still says Close Application.

Top Bottom