• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

duckroll

t1409551200z4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-Wr_3-E5U

9/1 2014, 3pm Japan time. Get hype etc.

English Ustream link just in case: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sceja-press-conference-english?ftcnt=ps:com_sceja_en

It's gonna be a bunch of mid tier stuff like last year that will barely get localized. Not hyping up this one.

Why would anyone watch a TGS conference for anything other than the above?

Most heavy-weight Japanese titles wouldn't be announced at TGS in the first place, they'd be at E3 or whatever, because they're global titles that benefit more from global attention.

And the games that cater specifically to the Japanese niche is what we're looking for out of an event that makes no illusion it's for the Japanese audience only.

Asd202

Why would you not localise PS4 games when it's selling like hotcakes globally?

Ask SEGA.

Most heavy-weight Japanese titles wouldn't be announced at TGS in the first place, they'd be at E3 or whatever, because they're global titles that benefit more from global attention.

And the games that cater specifically to the Japanese niche is what we're looking for out of an event that makes no illusion it's for the Japanese audience only.

Agree.

If I get no new info on the next Gravity Rush during this thing, I will rage. You can't tease something and then leave a fanbase hanging for over a year - it's inhumane!

Stealth50

This is the apex of what I have been waiting for. This is a conference, that I been waiting on. I hope, but, the upcoming line-up is stronger than it looks, otherwise the, so, hype will be over soon.

Man, I am off the next day, but have to get up early still....

Maybe I'll just go to bed early Monday. I cannot miss another potential translator tag team extravaganza.

Persona 5 -____-

Makes sense though.

Atlus is 100% focused on the marketing of their next title on a step-by-step basis. We've heard nothing of other games during the period of PQ, and P4U2 marketing only started once PQ shipped... Presumably Persona Dancing will start soon, and after that only will we actually see Persona 5.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5 was officially announced in November last year. The lack of any information is a dick move on Atlus' part sure, but it's not taking the piss quite as much as Sony has been with GR 2.

It has an official announcement compared to GR2, that's true.

We've heard nothing of other games during the period of PQ, and P4U2 marketing only started once PQ shipped...

Not true. P4AU marketing started in late April with the website revamp and the Famitsu blowout that introduced Rise, shortly after the Best Buy leak that revealed Ken and Rise as playable characters.

Are you saying we can't have big budget titles from Japan that will appeal to both their audience and ours? Are you watching Sony's Japan press conference for stuff like Dream Club Host Girls and Idolmaster level of announcements? You're setting a very low bar. I wanna see stuff like Level 5's next big rpg, megatons from Japan Studio.

Jb

This TGS has so much potential:

Persona 5
MGS Phantom Pain
FF XV
Kingdom Hearts
Capcom stuff (Revelaitons 2)

Please don't disappoint :(

Top Bottom