• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

Reading this thread was entertaining at least. And watching the conference was...something.

- People declared how crappy the conference was for the first 3/4. I agreed.
- Then some people start losing their shit and saying "MEGATON!!!" over a game called Ys...? Never even heard of it. Looks crappy.
- Then people go crazy over Persona 5. I've heard of that but have no interest whatsoever.
- Holy crap the Japanese anime games are weird/creepy looking.
- It's fascinating how different Japanese culture/taste in media is from the West.

Motherf..

torops4-1nxszv.jpg

I want that!

Astral Dog

It was not that bad, Revelations 2 and P5 were nice surprises.
Is there any chance for new PS4 games to be announced at TGS or shown?
What about FFXV or KH 3?

at that point it's about return on investment. even if sega is going to try and make money by cutting costs, there's also the possibility they could have used the same resources (people) on things that would make more money. or simply work on more projects in general.
there's a lot of text in yakuza games. the localization process for them would be so enormous that it's really hard for anyone to take on. the best bet is that atlus does it, but even that's pretty risky when they could do more atlus japan stuff.
Sadly, this makes a lot of sense. But like you mentioned, I hope with Atlus being now part of SEGA, there will be more games coming to the west than without Atlus.
Things with Yakuza look a bit dire though. One mainland and two spin-off titles were already not localized and with another mainland title coming soon already, chances are high that previous ones will not come as well as future installments. This saddens me as Yakuza looks like the kind of game I would greatly enjoy.
--
People on 2ch are as disappointed as us about this pre stuff (No FF)
But the DQ Muso reveal crashed the site down lol so much "DQ Kita wwwwwwwwwww"
Are you Japanese or is there an easy way to understand 2ch? Guess it's likely you are Japanese. Man, you get to play so many great games which don't get localized. That must be great.

Top Bottom