• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

I'm quite happy with a lot of the games shown. Persona 5 on PS4 is shocking; Atlus is utilizing current gen hardware? Dragon Quest Heroes also looks nice. We're finally getting God Eater 2 and it's on PS4 as well? AND Disgaea 5 on PS4 as well? Am I dreaming?

Can't wait to see how the final level of EDF runs on the PS4. That part was chuuuuuuuuuuuuugging on my PS3.

Any good summary article inclunding all the infos, screenshots or trailer from a user or some journalistic site? Thanks
It was in Japanese sooo....

Not sure you're going to get a traditional run down. Better off just watching the stream and skipping through the good parts.

hurzelein

It was in Japanese sooo....

Not sure you're going to get a traditional run down. Better off just watching the stream and skipping through the good parts.

What the heck is games journalism for if not for something like this? Okay maybe too early but I prefer a good written summary about the stream. I will wait.

The fact that they are giving the Berserk movies away on PS+ could mean that there is a 4th one coming or that Sony is making a Berserk game.

Or it could mean absolutely nothing.

Kinan

Thought it was a good conference, focused on rejuvenating PS4 in Japan. When they have started with all those western game promotions at the beginning of the PS4 section I was a bit worried, but they fire a lot of right bullets after that.

Few random thoughts during the show: Witcher 3 trailer... Could those young smirking Polish guys that were painting sex cards for the first witcher even imaging that few years down the road they will be actively promoted in a Sony conference in Japan with fully voiced trailer? Talk about success story.

That VR demo... Oh my god, there will be fights in a queue to Morpheus at TGS, liquids will flow, I hope they got a cleaning service ready...

DQ Heroes reveal caused same strange feeling as the announcement of PvZ: Garden Warfare. Strange, non convenient, but with a warm feeling of something good incoming. God speed, SE.

torops4-9t4s3e.jpg

This one is nice. Really, really nice.

ksdixon

Does anyone have a Youtube link to a version with English voice overs or subtitles? All I can find is Japanese only speech. Thanks in advance.

Cool to see DQ back on a PS console. Not sure what, if anything, that means for future titles but it's nice to see.

Good to see Sony treating each region with a different perspective. They're going to need it if they expect to boost PS4 sales in Japan. It's an uphill battle.

Reading this thread was entertaining at least. And watching the conference was...something.

- People declared how crappy the conference was for the first 3/4. I agreed.
- Then some people start losing their shit and saying "MEGATON!!!" over a game called Ys...? Never even heard of it. Looks crappy.
- Then people go crazy over Persona 5. I've heard of that but have no interest whatsoever.
- Holy crap the Japanese anime games are weird/creepy looking.
- It's fascinating how different Japanese culture/taste in media is from the West.

Minions

Reading this thread was entertaining at least. And watching the conference was...something.

- Then some people start losing their shit and saying "MEGATON!!!" over a game called Ys...? Never even heard of it. Looks crappy.
- Then people go crazy over Persona 5. I've heard of that but have no interest whatsoever.
- It's fascinating how different Japanese culture/taste in media is from the West.

So you are uninterested in Japanese games but decided to read up on a Japanese conference thread? 90% of people said it was crappy because it was a direct copy of the Gamescom conference and they didn't want to watch it twice. The whole reason to watch TGS is for Japanese games. If you go into TGS~ expecting non-japanese announcements you are going to have a bad time.

Also for Ys reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_(series)

Loudninja

So you are uninterested in Japanese games but decided to read up on a Japanese conference thread? 90% of people said it was crappy because it was a direct copy of the Gamescom conference and they didn't want to watch it twice. The whole reason to watch TGS is for Japanese games. If you go into TGS~ expecting non-japanese announcements you are going to have a bad time.
How was it a direct copy?

Am I going crazy here or what?

CamHostage

Wait a second, Minna no Golf??????????
No official name, it's announced as a new MinGolf project.

MinGol is the official contraction name for Minna no Golf that Japan does all the time, like MonHun and Pokemon and Todai. This is straight up New Minna no Golf / Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf Project. It's a proper new game (or project, at least) in the franchise you know (and it's by ClapHanz!)

Guymelef

Seriously, how many people works at Omega Force?

This year:

Samurai Warriors 4 PS4 - next week.
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
Bladestorm

Next year (so far):

Dragon Quest Warriors
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Also for Ys reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_(series)

The problem is that "Japanese games" used to include a while lot more than anime anime anime high school anime rpg anime.

To people who know Japan can do more, it's disappointing to see how low their gaming industry has fallen.

Get out.

Arzehn

Looking forward to a few more announcements for PS4/Vita at TGS. Expecting a Dissidia game or something from SE... maybe 3DS though. Feels like they want to save their stuff for their own thing at TGS.

They don't really have a thing aside from their booth but yeah I guess you could say that.

Have to talk about and show Type-0 at some point, especially if they at 80% completion.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looking forward to a few more announcements for PS4/Vita at TGS. Expecting a Dissidia game or something from SE... maybe 3DS though. Feels like they want to save their stuff for their own thing at TGS.

They don't really have a thing aside from their booth but yeah I guess you could say that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Seriously, how many people works at Omega Force?

This year:

Samurai Warriors 4 PS4 - next week.
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
Bladestorm

Next year (so far):

Dragon Quest Warriors
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

I probably helps that most of their games are similar

thenexus6

I was working all day so I only came on gaf few times to read thread, is the full video uploaded online yet in english to watch? Wouldn't mind watching it before bed tonight.

Top Bottom