• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony registers trademark for the new controller. It's called:

Forsete

How does "P -infinity- S" become PooS or Poo? :)

Anyway, I want to see the logo. Not sure how you're supposed to pronounce the controllers name.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Forsete said:

Anyway, I want to see the logo. Not sure how you're supposed to pronounce the controllers name.

If it's a typed mark, I'm not sure if it necessarily represents the placement of the letters. One assumes there is a drawing somewhere (though not necessarily on the patent site).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Forsete said:

Nintendo copped it with the Wii jokes, it's now Sony's turn for the PooS jokes!

And I am clearly not going to say "P infinity S" controller.. why didn't Sony just do "PS3 controller"?

Wollan

It should have been 'PS oo', PlayStation Forever.
Maybe the oo mark is below the PS making this thread obsolote(or this trademark not being used at all).

SolidSnakex said:
Yes, because registering a trademark is a very desperate thing to do.

Damnit, I came in here looking for your response to the article. Then I saw Aurora's post, and I thought, "****, SSx is going to respond to that and not say anything about the actual news."

Well, whaddya know!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
SolidSnakex said:
Where does it say that this is the name of the controller?
It doesn't, I am running off the usual GAF hyperbole and Sony damage control!

hitleramused9ce.jpg

Wollan

Smiles and Cries said:
We had a huge Wii joke thread - but I guess you sony fans have no sense of humor

You know, the Wii name is a fact. It's the actual name.
You have no idea if this will ever become 'poos'.

Virgin Wii said:
Damnit, I came in here looking for your response to the article. Then I saw Aurora's post, and I thought, "****, SSx is going to respond to that and not say anything about the actual news."

Well, whaddya know!

What's there to respond to? Sony registered a trademark and there's no telling what its for. Or would you like an overreaction?

Dual Waggle would have been better than poos. :lol

and i dont see how oo = infinity when characters such as infinity, mu, alpha, delta, etc are pretty common and recognized. why would they put oo in the patent and not the actual character?

Wollan said:
You know, the Wii name is a fact. It's the actual name.
You have no idea if this will ever become 'poos'.

The final PS3 controller won't say "SERECT" on it, but it was pretty enjoyable to make fun of that too.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm pretty sure I was called immature by a certain group of people for laughing at "wii" just a few weeks ago... but P infinity S, well, that's hysterical. Desperate Sony.

Why don't they go copy someone else?

You see what they're dong? They instilling in the customers mind just HOW much their system is worth. The price of admission to even play with this PooS is $600! This must be a really incredible system!

Deku

Banned
I actually kind of like the name. it probably will lend well to a nifty logo with a P and S and a dualshock controller /infinity symbol in between.

Crisis

Banned
Breaking News: Breaking with earlier precedent, Microsoft's Peter Moore says that instead of Xbox 360 being likened to a "lucid dream", it's really more like a "nocturnal emission".

What a stupid thread...

Neither its PooS nor its the new controller name. Just a new trademark for 'PS Infinity'.

I better not say Namco registered Tales of Quiz too...whoops.

Aryuken

Banned
Well...they had to call it something that brought it a little bit closer to the Wii.

With these names...they are just a couple of inches apart.

Mandoric

Banned
meltpotato said:
Dual Waggle would have been better than poos. :lol

and i dont see how oo = infinity when characters such as infinity, mu, alpha, delta, etc are pretty common and recognized. why would they put oo in the patent and not the actual character?

It's extremely likely that they did put the actual character ∞ in, and the "oo" is just the German site's lazy typography being spun into internet drama.

TRU

Bloodwake said:
Alright, here the running tally for Sony:

So here's this giant crab
Attack the weak point for massive damage
RIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEEEERRRRRR
$599 US Dollars
POOS LOLZ.

No, real time weapon changing?

WalkMan

Banned
Mandoric said:
It's extremely likely that they did put the actual character ∞ in, and the "oo" is just the German site's lazy typography being spun into internet drama.
Or a safety precaution so people can't make an imitation?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
What a stupid thread...

Neither its PooS nor its the new controller name. Just a new trademark for 'PS Infinity'.

I better not say Namco registered Tales of Quiz too...whoops.

Somebody poo in your cereal? Let us have our fun. :lol

Dante

Wow, I thought I was at gamefaqs for a minute there. The registration of PS Infinity makes sense don't they already have like PS1-10 registered?

Top Bottom