• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

RBH

Cruzader said:
(also I hope Nariko shows up in this game where you can rape her so that baby Kratos can have its own game series and continue the saga into PS4 :lol :lol :lol )
171fs693755.jpg

tha_con

Banned
I need to find that thread where I said the game would show at E3 this year.

I'm also still banking on it coming out March 2009, possibly a little later, say April or May.

itxaka

Defeatist
There is still hope for improvement instead of just GOW1&2 in HD.

There is still hope they will show uncharted 2 rigth?

Madman

SRG01 said:
God of War 3 needs to be HD GoW with the PSP control scheme.

Seriously, the game plays a lot better on the PSP than on the PS2.
No way. The controller is so much better then using the PSP. Rolling was a fucking task playing CoO.

As far as this news, I'm hyped. Can't wait for more Kratos.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wonder what happened to that plot device about Kratos' brother.

Madman said:
No way. The controller is so much better then using the PSP. Rolling was a fucking task playing CoO.

As far as this news, I'm hyped. Can't wait for more Kratos.
Indeed, the bizarre roll scheme (hold L & R + stick instead of holding only one of them + stick) in CoO almost killed the game for me.

Kydd BlaZe

tha_con said:
I'm also still banking on it coming out March 2009, possibly a little later, say April or May.
Same here. God of War has always released in March. I don't see why GoW3 would be any different.

wotter

The mythical project called God of War 3 on PS3 will take form this year as Sony confirmed to us during IDEF, which takes place in Cannes, that Kratos will make his appearance in high definition in Los Angeles at E3 2008. Chances we will be attending gameplay sessions, playable or not, are slim to null. It will be the first time the king of the Olympus enters next-gen. To refresh your memory, the title will come out end 2009, like we told you last Januari.

My bad translation :p

Struct09

The first two games were my favorite two PS2 games. I was iffy on being hyped for the 2nd since Jaffe left, but it ending up being even better than the first. Now that Barlog is gone I'm not sure what to think, but I have faith that the 3rd will still kick ass. Can't wait!

Considering how amazing God of War 2 looked on the PS2, I expect nothing less than my eyes to melt from their sockets on the first viewing of God of War 3.

Xater

FUCK YEAH!

I love this series. They did small wonders on the PS2 can't wait to see what they can do on the PS3.

slider

Cruzader said:
Wut? you dont think Nariko is good enough for our god? You shall be punished for that...

I don't think the issue is the "goodness" or not of Nariko. Just that rape is generally frowned upon.

Oneself

Holyfuck. I just hope it will be as good as GOW2 .... and will it be as impressive for a PS3 game than it was for a PS2 game?..

careful

I'm glad they're showing something, but we really shouldn't expect much. CG trailer probably. Or even better, CG trailer that Sony tries to pass off as in-game footage. :lol

Cruzader

Banned
slider said:
I don't think the issue is the "goodness" or not of Nariko. Just that rape is generally frowned upon.

...have you not played GOW 1+2 AND the PSP version??? Kratos always ends up raping some horny ladies...fo sho

;o

10 seconds of black screen and the final 2 wil be GOW3 Coming 2009. but sony loves CG trailers so i expect nothing less from them =)

but fuck. Get a new video from Level5 for WKC as well =(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
My two worries about this game is that they'll just make it "just" GoW HD with much better graphics and sound, like DMC4 for example - but what it really needs is a proper next-gen jump in terms of control, animation and environmental interactivity. Original GoW was a big disruptor to the stale genre, and they should aim to do the same again.

Second worry is, they will make it 60FPS at any cost, and it will inevitably end up looking worse than HS or Uncharted or MGS4 because of that - which will cause internet to meltdown :\

DenogginizerOS said:
Because E3 ain't what it used to be, chum.
Still, there's nothing bigger than it. E3 this year is much bigger than the last year one at least.

Benedict

Cruzader said:
...have you not played GOW 1+2 AND the PSP version??? Kratos always ends up raping some horny ladies...fo sho

What part of that is rape?

I guess your sexlife isn't what it should be....

slider

Cruzader said:

I've only played GOW 1. And I didn't know I/Kratos was/were partaking in rape. Rape! Sony must pay. Someone think of the children. And so on, and so forth.

Still, I'm pretty sure RBH's point was the rape thing.

But thanks for clearing up your meaning.

Word.

tha_con

Banned
Sony actually has a pretty good E3 this year, now that I think about it...

They'll have KZ2 Playable, R2 playable, LittleBigPlanet, Socom: Confrontation, Wipeout HD (lol, this should be out already...maybe they're saving it for E3!? OMG).

Top it off with a good God of War 3 announcement...they've done halfway decent for themselves.

Top Bottom