• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

Zaptruder

Banned
With these kinds of games... it seems to me as though the PS3 is best console that's ever been relegated to a losing spot.

It's like the big gaming secret... that's not really all that secret.

In fact, I'm going to make a thread about it.

Cruzader

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
I wasn't here last E3, but sounds like a good idea.

Yea man, its great times although I'm not too sure i'll be here on that day since I might be working. Anyways its funny in that the chat messages scroll really fast so you need to pay close attention of what ~100 GAFfers are saying at once.

[]
Guy1: STREAM NOT WORKING!! GAMESPOT SUCKS!!11!!
Guy2: Yea It does man, hurry...show begins in 5 mins!!
Guy1: WTF not working!!
Guy3: MS gonna PNW today!!
Guy4: LOL wut, Sony won already!!
Guy1: Ok I got G4 one working but buffering like a bitch!!!
Guy3: hehe..
[]

Edit: i think the IRC channel was set up for the Killzone 2 showing....im not sure though.

scoobs

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, can't wait guys! I loved god of war 1 and 2 (especially 2), can't wait to see it.

Can't wait :D

godofwar3-1.jpg

Nooreo

Hold Devils Pot Of Tea!
I Think ill see the trailer in 2009,Why? because if i dont ill just be waiting impatiently till 2009. Any way im sure it will be teh SEX!

Arsenic

Fenderputty said:
LBP is scheduled for October isn't it? I thought Killzone has a release as well, it was just pushed back until early 09'.

This is sweet. If they show GOW3, FFXIII, WKC and a heavy dose of KZ2, I'll be stoked. I'm not even mentioning games like RFOM2 and Motorstorm 2.

Plus, there should be some unannounced stuff. Who know's maybe a Drakes 2 teaser or something as well.
Release months, not actual concrete dates. Socom and wipeout were slated for Fall of last year, look where it ended up. Plus, some expect LBP to be delayed once again.

im only excited for unannounced stuff, and of course RFOM

Sin

Cruzader said:
i think the IRC channel was set up for the Killzone 2 showing....im not sure though.

Oh that was epic, I remember everybody screaming like little girls when it was shown, including Doom_Bringer. :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Arsenic said:
Release months, not actual concrete dates. Socom and wipeout were slated for Fall of last year, look where it ended up. Plus, some expect LBP to be delayed once again.

im only excited for unannounced stuff, and of course RFOM

LBP is getting sandwiched in advertising between GT5: Prologue and MGS4, I doubt it gets pushed back. I've had this preordered since it hit the GS system in March, I'm ready.

cjdunn

Okay, obligatory "Day One!!!1!1"

Things this sequel needs (or needs to address):
1. no more tearing
2. 30 frames per second @ 720p -- none of that 576p-then-upscaled bullshit (60 would nice, but see #1)
3. motion cap animation
4. no more Hades unless Kratos truly brings the world crashing down into it (which would be awesome)

Bonus: deeper combat system

That is all.

Agent Icebeezy

cjdunn said:
Okay, obligatory "Day One!!!1!1"

Things this sequel needs (or needs to address):
1. no more tearing
2. 30 frames per second @ 720p -- none of that 576p-then-upscaled bullshit (60 would nice, but see #1)
3. motion cap animation
4. no more Hades unless Kratos truly brings the world crashing down into it (which would be awesome)

Bonus: deeper combat system

That is all.

I won't touch this game if it is 30 frames per second. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. My preorder will get moved so fast.

mabuza

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
I won't touch this game if it is 30 frames per second. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. My preorder will get moved so fast.
i'm also sure if the game was on a certain other platform you'll be making exceptions. quit with your bullshit.

J-Rzez

Wow, pretty big news. This is one game that can steal KZ2's graphical thunder, along with Uncharted 2 if it's shown. Please Naughty Dog, show us something! I'd love to see inFAMOUS in action too. Would definitely be a killer show if they busted all those out along with RFOM, SOCOM, and LBP. I'm getting some wood for E3 now, hopefully MS brings some lube for me to seal the deal.

Agent Icebeezy

mabuza said:
i'm also sure if the game was on a certain other platform you'll be making exceptions. quit with your bullshit.

shut the fuck up. I'm not as anal about 60fps as others like gek, but I do care about the frame rate in these kinds of game. It's the same reason I don't want Too Human, it's 30 frames per second.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10592990&postcount=145

Too Human

Agent Icebeezy said:
30fps. I can't play these types of games at that frame rate. Still, what's the deal with the Cabela's bear?

Go try to your 'someone is talking bad about the PS3' shtick on someone else, it isn't working here. I have GoW1 and GoW2 as well. Both 60fps goodness. Go to 30, I won't touch it. So kiss my ass for insinuating otherwise. I'm talking games and you want to bring in console bullshit.

Agent Icebeezy said:
I have GoW1 and GoW2 as well. Both 60fps goodness. .

Woah, had no idea the GoW games ran at 60FPS. I only played each game for a few hours and I was never really interested in them, but for such an amazing looking game, 60FPS on the PS2 is mind-blowing.

Anyway, great news for God of War fans.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
30FPS + motion blur like that used in Killzone 2 would work amazingly well for the cinematic feel of this game I think. In fact, i wish they'd just use KZ2 renderer entirely for this, it would fit amazingly well IMO.

The battle system in God of War isn't as demanding as Ninja Gaiden or DMC. So 30fps wouldn't hurt the experience that much. That and they could go with even crazier scenario, which is the real strength of the franchise.

I'd rather have GoW3 running in 60fps, but Chain of Olympus has better fighting mechanics than the previous game in the series, and it runs at 30fps.

FUCK YEAH. Combination of puzzles, music, story and button mashing makes me happy.

Odysseus said:
they ruined the story, and they ruined kratos. gameplay can take a hike. was still fun, but the series is dead to me.

I agree. I liked GoW much more than GoW II for that reason. In GoW, Kratos was the victim. In GoW II, I thought, Zeus was victim. Kratos was jerk in GoW II.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Agent Icebeezy said:
shut the fuck up. I'm not as anal about 60fps as others like gek, but I do care about the frame rate in these kinds of game. It's the same reason I don't want Too Human, it's 30 frames per second.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10592990&postcount=145

Too Human

Go try to your 'someone is talking bad about the PS3' shtick on someone else, it isn't working here. I have GoW1 and GoW2 as well. Both 60fps goodness. Go to 30, I won't touch it. So kiss my ass for insinuating otherwise. I'm talking games and you want to bring in console bullshit.

QFT. 60fps or it isn't God of War.

GoW needs to change it up for nextgen. Innovation is key for franchise survival. Check it.

God of (modern)War-fare.

Kratos trades in those archaic Blades of Chaos for some kick ass state of the art military issue assault rifles, that are... get this.. attached to fricken chains. Hell yea.

Replace QTE's with squad tactics and flashbangs and you got yourself a nextgen contender.

Sink or swim, Jaffe. Sink or swim.

tha_con said:
Sony actually has a pretty good E3 this year, now that I think about it...

They'll have KZ2 Playable, R2 playable(AND DOWNLOADABLE BETA), LittleBigPlanet, Socom: Confrontation(AND DOWNLOADABLE BETA), Wipeout HD (lol, this should be out already...maybe they're saving it for E3!? OMG).

Top it off with a good God of War 3 announcement...they've done halfway decent for themselves.
Fixed.

Madman

RockmanWhore said:
The battle system in God of War isn't as demanding as Ninja Gaiden or DMC. So 30fps wouldn't hurt the experience that much. That and they could go with even crazier scenario, which is the real strength of the franchise.

I'd rather have GoW3 running in 60fps, but Chain of Olympus has better fighting mechanics than the previous game in the series, and it runs at 30fps.
It's 60.

I really don't think we'll even see kratos in the trailer. We'll probably just get some landscapes, a narrator and the God of War 3 logo. Expecting gameplay during the first unveiling is just asking to be disappointed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
snack said:
Is that real?

:lol :lol

Yes the ESRB rated GoW3 already. It's already completed but Sony's gonna release it in 2009 just to mess with us.
th_rolleyes.gif

Also the logo looks like it was done in Paint.

Doubledex

Banned
So awesome!
GoW1: Awesome
GoW2: Amazing!!!!
GoW3: World explodes :D

kaching said:
Do you really expect Trico to be unveiled at a non-Japanese event?
Well, yes ;) Maybe:

gamefront said:
Steht Enthüllung eines neuen Shadow of the Colossus bevor?

Aus der Heftvorschau der amerikanischen Gamepro geht hervor, dass in der kommenden Ausgaben vielleicht das neue Spiel der Shadow of the Colossus-Macher enthüllt wird. So heißt es:

There's also something else. Something we can't mention yet. A truly...colossal secret. You'll have to wait for the August issue to get full details, but you'll know it when you see it. Protip: You may want to sit down while reading this issue.

Das 'Colossal' deutet darauf hin, dass sich womöglich etwas Neues zu Shadow of the Colossus in der nächsten Gamepro-Ausgabe befinden könnte.

Top Bottom