• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

The PAL versions of GOW were almost tearing free. Take that Americans. They need to make sure that all versions are tearing free because pushing x amount of stuff on screen means nothing if it rips in half in motion.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
andycapps said:
For GAF, maybe. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were never big commercial successes. Just great games.

So what do you want sir? I would prefer if they announce more Hardcore games hell if they Announce Twisted Metal Black 2 or something for the PS3 I would freaking faint.

jmd494

Is anyone else worried that this game won't translate well to next gen graphics (i.e. worried they'll shine it up too much)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Justin Dailey said:
Is anyone else worried that this game won't translate well to next gen graphics (i.e. worried they'll shine it up too much)

Hmmm you might have a point, I just hope that the game doesn't have the whole greasy textures problem.

Crusade

Justin Dailey said:
Why would the guys who produced the best looking PS2 game ever have a problem with next gen graphics?

volmer

Summary of my experience with God of War 2:

1) Press random buttons.
2) Watch avatar perform completely exaggerated move.
3) Groan a little.
4) Goto 1.

I found it extremely tacky that it just goes out of its way to make you feel like a fearsome dude, even though all it requires of you is this constant more or less random button mashing.

So... what was it that GAF liked about this series, again?

jmd494

gray_fox224 said:
Well...don't get me wrong...I think God of War III will look AWESOME (God of War I and II rank as 2 of my top ten games ever). Graphically, they are probably even two of my top five games ever.

That being said, with all the extra power the team will have for God of War III, I'm a little worried that they might add some effects (ones that they couldn't add with the PS2 hardware) that might take away from the artistic appeal of the first...rather than add to it.

For instance, if they want to add the ever-so-popular shine to the world, they could...and it would take away from the game for me.

It's like seeing Katie Couric in HD...HD is not always more aesthetically pleasing.

Nolan.

Sage00 said:
Werewolf Kratos

Ah I see.

As for the worries about graphics i'm not worried about that. For some reason i'm more worried about how kratos will move and look like. Just feel like he'll be awkward or something, no reasoning behind it though.

xaosslug

PA-WeeMGS.png

pretty much.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
co-op god of war, how would that work... it'd be awesome if it resulted in Kratos killing his partner early on in the game, making it only a bait and switch.

FFChris

Sony could potentially have a massive E3 on their hands.

Team ICO project, FFXIII and God of War 3... they could steal the show with ease.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFChris said:

Team ICO project, FFXIII and God of War 3... they could steal the show with ease.

I really want to believe.

I am extremely skeptical about GOW3 in every department except graphics. No Jaffe, no Balrog, gameplay in the franchise only showing slight growth so far. I want to see new ideas, new mechanics and features not possible during the previous gen. I do not want GOW2HD. I hope E3 makes me a believer but I fear the franchise may be in a rut.

FFChris said:

Well, at the rate things are going they'll be the only ones there. It won't be hard.

llTll

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I am extremely skeptical about GOW3 in every department except graphics. No Jaffe, no Balrog, gameplay in the franchise only showing slight growth so far. I want to see new ideas, new mechanics and features not possible during the previous gen. I do not want GOW2HD. I hope E3 makes me a believer but I fear the franchise may be in a rut.

just like how advanced NG2 on 360 over NG1 on Xbox?

don't say stuff that has no meaning. the core game play will be the same and it wil ALWAYS be just these lil extra things they add.

otherwise just release a new type of game play under a different name and call it a day

FFChris said:

All it takes is one crappy Nintendo plastic. Just one, good or bad :p

llTll said:
just like how advanced NG1 on xbox over NG2 on 360?

don't say stuff that has no meaning. the core game play will be the same and it wil ALWAYS be just these lil extra things they add.

otherwise just release a new type of game play under a different name and call it a day
Don't get me wrong action games in general, just like fighting games, are in a bit of a rut this gen. And I'm not suggesting they have to throw out the book and change GOW into another game or genre either. What I do want to see if lots of fresh ideas. Take the franchise in new directions, crazy large scale battles, context sensitive environmental interaction for combat (but better than how HS handled it), unique online integration, non-linear level design, things more clever than I can come up with. I want them to take some chances. GOWII and Chains very safely replicated the success of GOW1, but the PS3 hardware gives them freedom to really break the mold if they wanted to.

Doubledex

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
It will be the best action-adventure ;-) That's enough :D

Justin Dailey said:

I'm actually very worried. I really hope they don't try realistic textures that would undermine the great art direction of the first three games.

I feel the same way about GOW as the PS2 MGS games. While MGS3 is a great looking game I much preferred the distinctive if simpler look of MGS2.

I'm sure GOW3 will look technically amazing, but I hope that technical prowess doesn't overshadow the series' strong art direction.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
llTll said:
just like how advanced NG2 on 360 over NG1 on Xbox?

:D

God of War III will definitely had a lot of surprises, especially if God of War II is any indication.

xaosslug said:
just imagine... GOW3 with KZ2 graphics- OMG, the BLOOD!!! @_@

Oh yea, I could see that red stuff all over the place in GOWIII.

Awntawn

I haven't played GoW2, but from what I've played in 1, one thing that REALLY bugged me were some of the platforming segments. It's a similar issue that I've found in Ninja Gaiden (again, 1 haven't tried 2) but not nearly as much. There were points where I was literally screaming out of frustration: HEY FUCKERS, YOUR CONTROL SCHEMES AREN'T AS GOOD AND INTUITIVE AS YOU THINK THEY ARE#**#@#@)(

I was wondering if they addressed this somewhat in the second iteration. Reviewers don't seem as bothered as much probably because they're good enough at platforming, but it's literally game-breaking for me because they may as well be impenetrable walls that prevent me from progressing. I absolutely loved the combat gameplay, but the platforming and jumping puzzles kept me from finishing and buying the second. I hated it that much.

So should I look into 2 and into the hype for 3? Or is this just not a game franchise for me? ;'(

Top Bottom