• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

Andrex said:
:lol :lol

Yes the ESRB rated GoW3 already. It's already completed but Sony's gonna release it in 2009 just to mess with us.
th_rolleyes.gif

Also the logo looks like it was done in Paint.
I want to believe.

Duderz

Banned
As much as I love GoW 1 & 2, I really, really got tired of Kratos by the end. Hopefully this game won't have quite as much of him literally screaming every line he has.

Still, excited for this one!

Ganondorfo

We know for one thing sure: the first boss will be epic and will be the best boss of this game just like in god of war (hydra) and god of war 2 (colossus).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My opinion and guess...

GoW: AMAZING
GoW2: More of the same, still so awesome
GoW3: More of the same... BUT WITH 20x BETTER GRAPHICS, SOUND, CONTROLS AND BAD ASS MOMENTS! HELL YEAAAAAAH.

Ganondorfo said:
We know for one thing sure: the first boss will be epic and will be the best boss of this game just like in god of war (hydra) and god of war 2 (colossus).
Euryale was much more fun than the colossus IMO if not nearly as epic.

Good now just give me an 09 release date for God of War 3 along with an 09 release date for FFXIII I'll be getting my cash ready for a Ps3 when one of them drops.

snack said:
Considering how amazing God of War 2 looked on the PS2, I expect nothing less than my eyes to melt from their sockets on the first viewing of God of War 3.

I'm not looking to be blown away. I hope that GoW2 will be the game to break the mold, but it seems like every developer that does way more with hardware last gen can't seem to make as big of a jump the next gen strangely enough.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, and etc were all games that really pushed the last gen consoles. You expect them to be able to go nuts next gen but so far none of the sequels thus far for any of the above games have really hit the WTF WOW factor for me just yet.

It's been obvious for months. Between the Chains of Olympus manual, and the Killzone guys saying they got help from the God of War guys with ps3 development (implying that GoWIII is well under way), it just had to happen.

E3 will be big. :D

Hell, I think we'll be seeing Uncharted 2 (or J&D, but they've basically already confirmed U2) and Jaffe's new Twisted Metal as well.

Team ICO's next game is a possibility, but I think that will show up at TGS.

And then there's whatever Zipper is working on. That could show up at E3 if only because it's been years seen we've seen anything from that. They've been silent for almost as long as Team ICO.

But yeah, I'm calling:

God of War III
Uncharted 2
Twisted Metal ps3

Duderz said:
As much as I love GoW 1 & 2, I really, really got tired of Kratos by the end. Hopefully this game won't have quite as much of him literally screaming every line he has.

Still, excited for this one!

He doesn't scream every line. That is ridiculous.

Many of his lines were stated with a growl, instead.

About the game...YESSSSSSS!

Dark FaZe said:
I'm not looking to be blown away. I hope that GoW2 will be the game to break the mold, but it seems like every developer that does way more with hardware last gen can't seem to make as big of a jump the next gen strangely enough.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, and etc were all games that really pushed the last gen consoles. You expect them to be able to go nuts next gen but so far none of the sequels thus far for any of the above games have really hit the WTF WOW factor for me just yet.
You haven't played MGS4, have you? I mean, you don't own a PS3. Trust me, there are plenty of WTF WOW moments. Some of them are even playable :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Dark FaZe said:

If they are rebuilding the game from the ground up and not using last gen engines, this could be spectacular.

Mau ®

GOW2 was fucking amazing. One of the best games in years.

I cant help but feel this feels a lil' rushed but then again, GOW3 started development while GOW2 was still in the oven.

I cant wait!

Agent Icebeezy said:
If they are rebuilding the game from the ground up and not using last gen engines, this could be spectacular.
It's not like Sony has any option here in look department. It has to look spectacular. And I think it will.

So far Sony's first party titles on PS3 have very good track record of looking impressive.

Kydd BlaZe

Dark FaZe said:

Well, most of Sony's first party offerings already look pretty fucking amazing. Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Heavenly Sword, and of course the upcoming Killzone 2 all look spectacular. I would imagine that Sony knows what they're doing when it comes to producing graphical powerhouses.

This is not shocking. I'd be shocked if they didn't show it. Sony looks like they're going to have an extremely diverse, huge line-up to show off. Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Infamous, GT5, God of War 3, etc. I haven't been this excited for an E3 in a long time. If they can show Final Fantasy 13 in some sort of way then they've already got a pretty good show.

Then we have potential showings of Uncharted 2 and the Team Ico game.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MirageDwarf said:
It's not like Sony has any option here in look department. It has to look spectacular. And I think it will.

So far Sony's first party titles on PS3 have very good track record of looking impressive.

They, EA and UBI have been the only ones that have consistently redone the graphics for the next generation. I will agree to that as well.

Then we have potential showings of Uncharted 2 and the Team Ico game

Uncharted has only been on shelves for 7 months..and as of April it was at 730k units (USA/Europe combined). I don't think Naughty Dog are in a rush to get the sequel out to the current install base.

New Team Ico game..I hope and pray will be unveiled.

AndyD

aka andydumi
abacab driver said:
Uncharted has only been on shelves for 7 months..and as of April it was at 730k units (USA/Europe combined). I don't think Naughty Dog are in a rush to get the sequel out to the current install base.

I thought the 730k was US sales alone, and Europe was near a million themselves, putting the total over 1.5.

abacab driver said:

I guarantee you they started work on the sequel almost immediately after the first title (just like MotorStorm). It might not be shown in a playable form, but something makes me think that Uncharted 2 will be shown in some form.

Amir0x

Banned
Yup, looks like buying a PS3 sometime this year is the right idea.

Nothing can hold me from SWEET KRATOS MANSEX

Busty

Banned
I have a feeling that Sony are going to blow the doors clean off E3 this year with a press conference that's going to fully reveal some titles we know about (such as R2 and KZ2 etc), some titles we know are coming (Heavy Rain and GOW3) and perhaps tease some big, unannounced 2010 titles as well.

I wonder if Sony might even have one or two unannounced games that are set to be released for the end of 2008. After all, wasn't COD4 only really announced around E3 last year?

Their goal is going to be to start building momentum that's going to carry on through out the year with the aim of 'winning' Xmas 2008. Or at least beating the 360 in North American sales during November and December.

In regards to the GOW3 CGI trailer comments. Considering this game has been in development for..what, two years at least, I think at this point we will certainly be seeing a trailer comprised of real time footage. Anything less would seriously raise some eyebrows.

In fact, I might even go as far as to suggest that Sony should have every PS3 trailer in their press conference start with a title card reading "The following is entirely comprised of real time footage" which they did at TGS (2005? maybe) one year IIRC.

Couple some big games unveilings with some other announcements (waggle, video service) and this year's E3 Sony conference could be the biggest....since the last one. :D

fuuuuuck yes!!!

But keep the QTEs and puzzles to a minimum this time Santa Monica. Go back to the action roots from number 1 and you've easily got the best game of all time on your hands.

Busty said:
I have a feeling that Sony are going to blow the doors clean off E3 this year with a press conference that's going to fully reveal some titles we know about (such as R2 and KZ2 etc), some titles we know are coming (Heavy Rain and GOW3) and perhaps tease some big, unannounced 2010 titles as well.

I wonder if Sony might even have one or two unannounced games that are set to be released for the end of 2008. After all, wasn't COD4 only really announced around E3 last year?

Their goal is going to be to start building momentum that's going to carry on through out the year with the aim of 'winning' Xmas 2008. Or at least beating the 360 in North American sales during November and December.

In regards to the GOW3 CGI trailer comments. Considering this game has been in development for..what, two years at least, I think at this point we will certainly be seeing a trailer comprised of real time footage. Anything less would seriously raise some eyebrows.

In fact, I might even go as far as to suggest that Sony should have every PS3 trailer in their press conference start with a title card reading "The following is entirely comprised of real time footage" which they did at TGS (2005? maybe) one year IIRC.

Couple some big games unveilings with some other announcements (waggle, video service) and this year's E3 Sony conference could be the biggest....since the last one. :D

I think they're desperately trying to get down the price of the PS3. I think they're trying to get rid of the 80 GB PS3 and I expect them to release a cheaper, slimmer, bigger hard drive version of the PS3 around Christmas time.

Also, I guarantee you all three companies will have surprises. Exclusives (timed), third party partnerships, and new first party/second games will be announced by all companies.

God of War 3, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, Resistance 2, and Killzone 2 will be the heavy hitters. If they manage to get Square to show some real time Final Fantasy footage then they're in great shape. Then there's the whole HOME thing.

keyrat

Quote me on this: GAF will (has?) overhype this and then be in for a stellar letdown come E3 because they won't show anything substantial about this game. It's over a year away, we will see no indicators of what it will actually play like.

Absinthe said:
I guarantee you they started work on the sequel almost immediately after the first title (just like MotorStorm). It might not be shown in a playable form, but something makes me think that Uncharted 2 will be shown in some form.

Oh absolutely they started working on the sequel after the first was done..but what you want to see is an equivelant of a Motorstorm 2 or Resistance 2 trailer at last years E3 (with MS1 and R1 being out for only 7 months prior).

andydumi said:
I thought the 730k was US sales alone, and Europe was near a million themselves, putting the total over 1.5.

I was going off of this article (in which Uncharted is #65):
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9639&Itemid=2

Reading the section on how they compiled the data I noticed they said the numbers are from USA and western Europe only. Also..I forgot Europe got the Uncharted pack-ins as well..so counting those for sales, it would make sense for it to be around 1.5 mil.

Yet and still..thats not a big enough catalyst to roll out a trailer of a sequel to a game (that in my opinion, hasn't established itself as a blockbuster IP) less than a year after release.
I'm sure they'll show at least a couple other games before they bring out Uncharted 2.

Awntawn

keyrat said:
Quote me on this: GAF will (has?) overhype this and then be in for a stellar letdown come E3 because they won't show anything substantial about this game. It's over a year away, we will see no indicators of what it will actually play like.
I thought that's just how the process with GoW has been, media blackout until right before the game comes out

Busty said:

I wonder if Sony might even have one or two unannounced games that are set to be released for the end of 2008. [/I]. :D

Games that might be announed.

TRICO
Uncharted 2
Zipper Game
Next Gen Jak
The BBC game that wowed that journalist

FF7 remake AHHHHHAHHHH CONFIRMED!!!?!?!?!

Busty

Banned
Absinthe said:
I think they're desperately trying to get down the price of the PS3. I think they're trying to get rid of the 80 GB PS3 and I expect them to release a cheaper, slimmer, bigger hard drive version of the PS3 around Christmas time.

I agree, but at the same time Sony still haven't managed to totally shake off the notion among some of the gaming buying public that the PS3 still doesn't have any games.

They are, IMHO, going to do their hardest to start turning that feeling around in the run up to the all important Xmas 08 shopping season.

Absinthe said:
Also, I guarantee you all three companies will have surprises. Exclusives (timed), third party partnerships, and new first party/second games will be announced by all companies.

With all these (at this point all but confirmed depending on who you talk to) rumours about both Sony and MS releasing their own versions (clones) of the Wiimote it's going to be fascinating to see who manages to come out on top.

Though I'm not really that interested in either, I'm really looking forward to this E3 being the showdown of the 'waggle clones'. And the Xiimote vs PS3mote thread is going to be incredible.

I do love me some E3 press conferences. Bring 'em on. :D

Busty said:
I agree, but at the same time Sony still haven't managed to totally shake off the notion among some of the gaming buying public that the PS3 still doesn't have any games.

They are, IMHO, going to do their hardest to start turning that feeling around in the run up to the all important Xmas 08 shopping season.

With all these (at this point all but confirmed depending on who you talk to) rumours about both Sony and MS releasing their own versions (clones) of the Wiimote it's going to be fascinating to see who manages to come out on top.

Though I'm not really that interested in either, I'm really looking forward to this E3 being the showdown of the 'waggle clones'. And the Xiimote vs PS3mote thread is going to be incredible.

I do love me some E3 press conferences. Bring 'em on. :D

Actually, the PS3's problem is not with the games. Everyone that I've talked to that wants a PS3 is well aware that the PS3 has great games like Ratchet, Metal Gear, and Uncharted. They're well aware that Resistance 2, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Infamous, and Final Fantasy are coming. They're aware of all of this. The problem with these people, and that includes me, is that they can't justify spending that much money on the PS3. Price is the biggest issue and certainly not the games.

I hope they show Heavy Rain... something, anything.

Busty said:

If they want to shake that notion, they should start in the stores.

I don't know about other parts in Canada or down in the US but when I go to Future Shop or Best Buy I see the same old PS3 demo station with Virtua Fighter 5 or GRAW2.

There's also big TV where a 360 and a PS3 is hooked up. It's almost always got a 360 running.

Even in the week after MGS4 launch ... I see the 360 running Halo 3 or Guitar Hero 3.

Awntawn said:
I thought that's just how the process with GoW has been, media blackout until right before the game comes out

No, not even close. GoWI was at least at E3 prior to its release, just not many people took notice, not until the demo hit anyway. GoWII was unveiled a year before its release. GoWCoO was unveiled a few months after GoWII hit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Machado said:
this is the third time I post this as everyone has just ignore me...

Will this be the last chapter of God of War History???
No one knows yet... And as long as it produces money there will never truly be a last one.

bacondouble

Neo Member
I would actually keep the same fighting mechanics as the second one but completely re do the animations and add in more moves.

Add in epic battles, massive bosses, intense gore, new weapons, eyeball melting graphics and a great story and this will be without a doubt a day one purchase for me.

Top Bottom