• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Kunan

vtj5rsid6u9d.gif

the storm is coming guys, it's almost here....
This is amazing.

Considering the architectural similarities, they may work on a PC, PS4, XB1 port together. It'll be much less expensive to do so than in previous generations.

Rockstar are probably working on all those ports right now, they just won't make them known publicly until they've wrung a heck of a lot of sales from the PS360 versions of the game. There's a lot of willing double-dippers out there to cash in on.

Ceiling fans saved me this summer. Seriously, without them I'd have been stuffed lol. In-fact, a lack of them killed hundreds of elderly and young people this year. Pretty tragic. Air conditioning is expensive and rare.

about that what is up with you guys England, ACs are like 100 bucks here in the states there's one in every room

Gorillaz

If you are releasing that late in October might as well release in November so you can get Call of Duty and Watch Dogs as well.

If they did release in..lets say OCT 21 like the rumor then they would practically get a ridiculous headstart on the next gen verison of both those games when it comes to sales. That by itself could push people to PS4 just because there is already a "community" built up on both games MP.

It would really be a smart move plus killzone shadow fall would get a good week by itself as a next gen title. If it does good enough/world of mouth is strong enough, it could be a good disruptor of CoD ghost and BF4 next gen sales as well

If they did release in..lets say OCT 21 like the rumor then they would practically get a ridiculous headstart on the next gen verison of both those games when it comes to sales. That by itself could push people to PS4 just because there is already a "community" built up on both games MP.

It would really be a smart move

No way third party games launch earlier on PS4. Or X1 for that matter.

Zok310

Banned
October 7th or 14th, shit! launch as early as possible.
I hate holiday shopping, too much hula and hard to find parking at retail properties, and sell outs. Not to mention my work schedule goes from 50 hours a week to 70 hours a week.
Really don't want to buy a ps4 and not have the opportunity to enjoy it before the Holiday shopping kicks in.

So Sony if you are listening, launch in early October.
Thank you.

Actually, I hope it's not in October. As much as I want this as soon as possible, releasing it early is going to really screw up launch game sales since the releases will be spread over a short period of time rather than all being available at once.

Where I am is pretty much tier-2 for Sony ( and tier-4 for MS ), so an early release date hardly matters unless I import.

That being said, I hope it's out on Oct 21st. I could use the excitement of launch-day GAF to make my birthday all that more fun. :)

nib95

Banned
So... That girl is you?? :p

Lol. One million PM's coming my way?

It's not me.
about that what is up with you guys England, ACs are like 100 bucks here in the states there's one in every room

Seriously? $100? The AC unit in our living room cost over £1k lol. One's in our restaurant several thousand, but they are huge industrial sized one's.

What sort of AC machine are we talking about that costs only $100?

Ovek

7Member7
Sure, but the mirror above would also reflect sunlight and disrupt her ability to view the monitor too.

True the mirror has very poor ergonomic positioning. The reflected light would also cause eye strain much quicker too.

If the PS4 launches OCT 21st (rumor wise) and BF4 launches OCT 29th, you think they are going to hold off on PS4 version until the xbox one comes out in November?

No, I meant like COD and BF being at launch on 21. Though, I guess there's a chance BF and AC could come in Nov. Devs probably didn't know the date till recently and maybe thought they had a couple of weeks extra for next gen versions.

wapplew

They only should go for Japan 2013 if they have a killer app for that market ready at launch.

Like Persona 5 or DemSoul 2.

Otherwise tank imminent.

I fear japanese dev are not ready for next gen yet, not in 2013
If any Japanese dev tittle ready for launch this year, they should have shown by now or else its just too late to promote.

Square:FF15, KH3. both look late 2014 or worst
Konami :MSG5, early 2015 at best, Pro evo not even on next gen
Capcom: DR3(by western dev) Deep down look like still long way to go
TK: Nothing on the picture yet
NBGI: Nothing

My guess is, Japan next gen launch at early 2014.

Into

I do not see EA holding BF4 PS4 version back just to make MS happy, they have their own war to fight, namely against Call of Duty and Activision. They will try to squeeze out as many sales as they can.

Same goes for every other third party, they arent delaying them, Microsoft is not some mafia run by Don Corleone here

B.O.O.M

"no unfortunately the demo on the show floor will be played by us. We are still tuning the game. Still have a few months to go"

Sucker Punch

So I guess no demo for hands on impressions..kind of a bummer

Top Bottom