• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I personally just feel that with all the money hatting going on it's as if MS is trying to "buy" customers instead of putting out a quality, fair priced product.

I'm sorry but i don't fall for that shit.

Of course they are. Why else would they be dropping what probably amounts to north of $100m on EA alone?

Wait, how many first titles in year 1? 20+ right? We'll surely see something new today...I think one megaton alongside a release date would do the trick

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Welcome to how MS has always treated gaming since they entered. They put an extremely minimal effort into building their own talented 1st party studios and try to buy whatever they feel is currently popular for easy and quick sales.

They're the new york yankees of gaming. I say that as a yankees fan too.

You had to drag the Yankees into it? Really? Lol. Don't they have enough problems with Arod? I'm a Yankees fan as well. Money doesn't buy championships. 1996-2000 wasn't money hatted.

This launch .. For MS ... So much moneyhat.

Also, Batman always has the best hardware.

ivb7Q.gif

see5harp

Fuck. And it works for both MS and Yankees.

The Yankees are winners though. According to most here MS have a spotty record full of failures with little to show for it.

Hasn't worked very much for us lately! 1 championship in over a decade, over a billion spent on over-valued big name players :(

They make the playoffs every year, and have won a shit ton of games this year when they were picked to be the worst team the division. Baseball is difficult and Cashman is among the most respected GM's in the league.

jayu26

Hasn't worked very much for us lately! 1 championship in over a decade, over a billion spent on over-valued big name players :(

Well...you gets the crowds in. It is a business. That is all that really matters. And it is all that matters to MS, get the crowd in.

Does anyone other than eu.playstation.com/gamescom have stream links? I like to have multiple choices for these things in case one stream craps out. Thanks!

Also, OCTOBER 21ST BELIEVE.

Maulik

The one thing the Fifa bunble evinces at least for me is that we can not underestimate a company that has so much money to throw at a problem. I like where Sony is headed and think Jack and Kaz have been aces in their approach to building back the brand and I hope it works for them. My big fear is that ultimately, having a bigger war chest may mean more to the market as a whole vs. us hardcore gamers feeling warm and fuzzy inside about Sony.

Did I miss something? EA & MS announced a bundle of a multiplatform game didn't they? or is there more?

all the popcap games are timed exclusive to xbone, as well as a DLC of some sort for most of their major EA titles. this is why people boo on MS for doing this as opposed to Sony. Sony doesn't pay publishers out the ass to withhold things from the competition. and the times they get exclusive DLC it's hardly ever anything but timed. it's not a matter of "well sony should just spend more" it's a matter of them working for their success instead of just pulling out the check book.

can't wait for the EA MS buyout announcement.

I price tagged an item today for $3.99 and I was like that's how much the PS4 costs if you move the decimal over two places to the right.

MATH

N30RYU

Gold Member
I visualized something... sony saying: "To us a friend is family... so with every digital purchase you'll get a download code to give it to werever you want..."

Won't be to different as they were doing with PS3 being able to donwload the same content on another two PS3s... but they'll look like god.

El-Suave

So which guests are at the post-show? Do we have a list?
That will be a good indicator of who is there at the press conference, because they'll be there afterwards discussing what was in the conference.

This will probably just something they host from the GT offices. Just the usual suspects. GT has put minimal effort into Gamescom so far.

Derrick01

Banned
You had to drag the Yankees into it? Really? Lol. Don't they have enough problems with Arod? I'm a Yankees fan as well. Money doesn't buy championships. 1996-2000 wasn't money hatted.

This launch .. For MS ... So much moneyhat.

No but the mentality of the yankees for the past 10+ years has been go out and buy whoever the big free agent name is or trade the entire farm system away for him.

I feel like the comparison fits MS and their attitude towards gaming pretty well. Even with the XB1 most of their currently announced exclusives are third party games. Dead Rising, Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive.

sense

Quoting for new page.
Anybody know?

this is on the blog page for eu

The livestream will kick off right here at 6.00pm BST/7.00pm CET, with around three hours of pure PlayStation entertainment lined up for the evening. Once the press conference has concluded, please stay on the stream for interviews and new trailers, before our live panel discussion begins at around 8.00pm BST/9.00pm GMT.
As revealed last week, some of the biggest names in game development, including our own Shuhei Yoshida, Beyond: Two Souls creator David Cage and Assassin’s Creed writer Darby McDevitt, will be sitting down to chew over the topic ‘narrative and storytelling in video games’. They’ll be taking questions on that theme via Twitter – if you have one, please do let us know at #PlayStationGC.

while this may look like 2 hours for conference they do have that interviews and trailers after the conference bit so we still don't know how long it exactly is

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
No but the mentality of the yankees for the past 10+ years has been go out and buy whoever the big free agent name is or trade the entire farm system away for him.

I feel like the comparison fits MS and their attitude towards gaming pretty well. Even with the XB1 most of their currently announced exclusives are third party games. Dead Rising, Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive.

Fair enough. Money isn't guaranteeing MS the championship either :)

SpeedNut

Wouldn't be surpised to get a Destiny bomba during this press conference. That and the October release date. It's the only way to guarantee being first to market at this point with MS still coy about "November" and what day they'll actually release.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I visualized something... sony saying: "To us a friend is family... so with every digital purchase you'll get a download code to give it to werever you want..."

Won't be to different as they were doing with PS3 being able to donwload the same content on another two PS3s... but they'll look like god.

Everything being two for one? I dont see that happening at all. I think the best we could hope for is that sony annouces you will be able to buy codes from online stores like gmg.

Top Bottom