• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Sony can be pissed all they want but that doesn't change the fact that MS has a ton of money which they can do a lot with.

At the same time though going X1 only means you will be getting zero money out of the PS4 install base, which at the very least will be equal to X1's (though honestly I think it will be way bigger).

And all that Money of Ms didn't buy them better Hardware then Sony nor a is it filling the $100 price difference. More I'm importantly all the Money MS is throwing around hasn't taken the stench off the Xbone's initial anti-consumer policies no mater how many 180 they do.

Yes Ms has a lot of money, but that alone won't win them this Generation.

Iacobellis

So it's a bundle, Disc or digital?

Disc, I imagine. Microsoft is not very keen on details, they didn't even announce the launch date today.

Oh, and is time moving REALLY slow for anyone else? Really. I've been up for about an hour, but it feels a hell of a lot longer.

SpeedNut

BSHzud-CMAAPqY4.jpg:large

They need to release this as a large large wallpaper.

SilentFlyer

It might even be possible that Sony might release little late than XB1. By that time majority of EA games will be available that were held for XB1 release.

Breemin

I just want to know when I'll get my Watch Dogs bundle in the case of an October launch. Will I have to wait to get my console until November when Watch Dogs is released?

Was thinking the same thing. I think if the console is released before the game, the game will ship later separately and we will get the launch edition of the console. Otherwise.. what's the point of pre-ordering a launch edition?

Cyberia

Sony is set to announced its release plans for PlayStation 4 during its gamescom press conference later this evening, and a gamescom source on the show floor has told VG247 that the console will land on shelves in late November.

A November release has always been expected, but if the source is correct, at least now you have a release window to plan accordingly.

Furthermore, Xbox One will apparently launch slightly earlier in at least one territory – probably the US – according to the source.

For now, hug all of this tightly into your bosom until something more official is announced.

The Sony press event kicks off at gamescom at 6pm BST and 1pm EDT.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/20/ps4-to-release-in-late-november-according-to-source-rumor/

Sony loves that picture don't they... seen it everywhere this year and a half

Yes and

REAL TLOU spoilers below:

there was NO part of the game where that took place, i.e. Joel teaching Ellie how to shoot, survive. I was really pissed about that to be honest; I was hoping for a chill moment -- maybe a whole chapter -- where Joel would take Ellie to the countryside and teach her, mentor her.

Top Bottom