• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Super Secret Game to be Revealed at TGS

Brashnir

Elbrain said:
There ain't nothing here to see folks, even though a lot of people expect crazy shit to throw down nothing will happen but disappointment. Hell what we will see is more studios jumping the Microsoft train that is about it.

Shane Kim is going to announce that Resident Evil 5 is coming to PS3.

thuway

Elbrain said:
There ain't nothing here to see folks, even though a lot of people expect crazy shit to throw down nothing will happen but disappointment. Hell what we will see is more studios jumping the Microsoft train that is about it.

LOL.

RiverBed

Banned
it doesn't matter what any single entity does in TGS for one reason: Capcom will show Monster Hunter for Wii. a black hole will open and engulf the world.

Issun23

Mr. Ueda, please be kind and decide to show us the game. You know, after the 30 or so times looking at that ICO 3 teaser page yourself a few days ago you know everyone will go bonkers when you reveal it. Please. :lol

kevm3

Sony Japan's output has been pathetic to be honest, so hopefully we'll get to see some more of what they're up to as of late.

RiverBed

Banned
lucablight said:
Ever since the "shocking" announcements by square enix and level 5 I've learned not to get my hopes up.
what the hell was that stupid 1up S-E "shock" they've been touting? I only know it blew, but I don't know what the heck it was.

Cesar

Banned
kevm3 said:
Sony Japan's output has been pathetic to be honest, so hopefully we'll get to see some more of what they're up to as of late.

How many studios does SCEJ actually got? Team ICO, Polyphony Digital, what else?

RiverBed

Banned
I don't think their Japanese structure have individual studios like in the US or UK. aside from PD, I think it just depends on who gets to work on what project. I could be mistaken about that, but think they have an overall umbrella of "Japan Studio" for anything coming out from their Japanese offices.

kevm3

Is this game the one that the BBC guy was talking about that was supposed to redefine how stories are told in games and was superamazing or was he referring to Heavy Rain?

kevm3 said:
Is this game the one that the BBC guy was talking about that was supposed to redefine how stories are told in games and was superamazing or was he referring to Heavy Rain?

Not Heavy Rain.

Title in question still unknown.

RiverBed

Banned
I feel the BBC guy 'sighting' will end up being a myth, a legend, handed down to generations to come...

by the way, I always never payed any attention to such journalists who don't know squat about games. I would be excited if a gaming journalist got that excited. average people would get excited about 5 year old games.

THE:MILKMAN

I hope this game is as good as the bbc guy says but i have my doubts.........

bbc guy said:
When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved.

Then:

bbc guy said:
@ALL I haven't signed an NDA. I'm merely honouring an agreement given verbally to people I respect.

A little thing but still..........if it don't show up at tgs then it's proberly cancelled.

Issun23

It's not unusual for European press to see SCEJ stuff before it's shown to the public so the BBC game (which OPM say they've seen as well) could be the next ICO...

Reminds me of...

wwm5jk.jpg

That's a 5 year old scan so it should be OK, but if it is still against the no-scans rule please tell me so I remove it.

Busty

Banned
At this point it all about interpretation and while I don't doubt that SCEJ have some first and second party (mostly second party) developers working on big PS3 games at the moment the question is will they be ready to be shown at TGS?

Frankly I doubt it.

For my money this 'super secret Sony' game is the Team ICO game. If Sony can have both FF XIII and whatever Team ICO have showing at TGS that's going to be a hard combo to beat.

kevm3 said:
I meant is the supersecret game the game the BBC guy was referring to?

Apparently the 'super secret game' seen by the BBC journalist game was a SCEE title.

I'd imagine that if it was going to be shown anywhere it would be at some big Western event like GDC or perhaps even the next E3. :(

StuBurns

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
SoTC released back in....2005.

It's been 3 years since its release.

They have got to have a product that is WELL into development by now.
They showed it to a select audience at GDC and E3 didn't they?

AKS

Issun23 said:
It's not unusual for European press to see SCEJ stuff before it's shown to the public so the BBC game (which OPM say they've seen as well) could be the next ICO...

Reminds me of...

wwm5jk.jpg

That's a 5 year old scan so it should be OK, but if it is still against the no-scans rule please tell me so I remove it.

ICO is "the tale of a horny young boy..."? :lol

There has to be a better way to phrase that...

Anyway, I'd love to get a peek at Team ICO's latest project. Anything they make seems to end up on my all-time favorites list, so I can't wait.

Ranger X

Hey i just thought about a game that would be awesome and completely unexpected + Megaton:

JUMPING FLASH 4.

If this happens i'm buying second PS3 just to thank them.

slade

I want it to be Genji 3 but that wouldn't constitute as a huge megaton announcement for anyone except me. Hopefully, they do show some exclusive stuff from Game Republic.

RiverBed

Banned
who said anything about it being a 'huge megaton surprise'? I am not talking about your post specifically, but about everyone with that mentality. there is a 'rumor' of something new being revealed. I think that is a given. how 'huge' it is is completely made up. we simply have no idea. it could be the next big thing and it could be another garden simulator.

I just hate it when people keep building up something so much that anything other than Jesus descending between the wings of two angels would be a major disappointment.

Top Bottom