• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online (PSN/XBLA) includes Heihachi and Spawn on both platforms.

Brofield

I could not care less about either of them. SCIIHD on Wii U with Link or no sale.

...unless Wii U plans to be definitive version with all three characters later on down the road?

I came to see if this topic was just gonna be about Link... and yea I think that's every post.

I think GAF is going to force Namco to release a Wii U version. Good work. Keep putting on pressure!

Manbig

That's not Spawn

alzhGv0.jpg

Holy shit this picture slayed me!

18-Volt

I'm still waiting for Aragorn/Gandalf or TMNT to be guest fighters in a Soul calibur game. Make it happen for SC6, Namco.

SykoTech

Yeah, I can't wait for every post to be about this.

That was irritating as hell in the last thread, yes. But it is a bit disappointing as the Wii U version could have possibly had a 3 exclusive characters.

But no use in crying about it. I had the Gamecube version back in the day, but always wanted to play as Spawn. Definitely interested now.

Roge9

Neo Member
This is awesome actually, I don't think Hei or Spawn will be banned now that they are on both systems this time.

The real question is.....Necrid?!

Btw, convinced people doing the no link no buy thing are either joking, not soul calibur fans or never were going to buy it in the first place.

Anth0ny

No link no buy

Surely they're trying to work something out with Nintendo regarding a Wii U release. Namco and Nintendo are pretty fucking close right now, no Wii U release makes no sense. Do they really expect huge sales off XBLA and PSN?

The real question is.....Necrid?!

Btw, convinced people doing the no link no buy thing are either joking, not soul calibur fans or never were going to buy it in the first place.

Wasn't he in all 3 versions? I'm sure he'll be in there
Yes I know you're joking Fuck Necrid

2 was definitely the game I put the most time into, Soul Cal wise. May want in on this one...

Dambrosi

Banned
Link? Forget Link Actually, no, fuck Necrid, just put Artorias of the Abyss in there instead and watch all the Dark Souls kiddies buy it immediately.
Including me, please do it Namco

Grimsen

All the "no Link, no buy" posts make me realise how many people actually care about SC2.

It' pretty disheartening.

DarkCloud

Sweet! Hey Namco, we have the hardware power now! Add spawn's cape and chains in his intro's/win poses please. That whole the cape is his axe thing isn't needed now.

Dambrosi

Banned
Following on from my previous post, if you guys really want a Link replacement (since you're never going to get the real thing outside of a Wii U version), why not use Solaire of Astora? He's got a sword and shield, so he could feasibly be kitted out with Sunlight Bolts and a shortbow to emulate Link's other moves. Voila, your non-infringing Link replacement!

Grimsen

Why would I buy a version of a game that doesn't include my main

When I could play the version I own with my main

Would you even look twice at Soul Calibur 2 without Link in it? Serious question.

This is the reason why console exclusive guest characters suck ass out of a straw.

I'd go as far as saying guest characters in fighting games suck period.

I would have bought SC HD a few years ago if it had the single-player mission stuff. Instead it was just an online MP game with weak net code. Will they have the missions in this release?

All three guest characters are below average with predictable attacks, just because link was cool to play as (and he was one of my mains back in the day) does not change that fact.

Top Bottom