• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online (PSN/XBLA) includes Heihachi and Spawn on both platforms.

ElFly

Following on from my previous post, if you guys really want a Link replacement (since you're never going to get the real thing outside of a Wii U version), why not use Solaire of Astora? He's got a sword and shield, so he could feasibly be kitted out with Sunlight Bolts and a shortbow to emulate Link's other moves. Voila, your non-infringing Link replacement!

ffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFF

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
All the "no Link, no buy" posts make me realise how many people actually care about SC2.

It' pretty disheartening.

let me give you the gist of the people who say no link no buy, they already own soul calibur 2, the SC2 they already own has link on it. link was most likely one of their mains, that is a feature missing for people who already have the game.

Makes no real sense not to have a WiiU version with Link....

...damn this game takes me back. I bought the PS2 version after my 1st week of University. Is that really 1 month shy of 10 years? Holy shit....:(

Silky

Banned
let me give you the gist of the people who say no link no buy, they already own soul calibur 2, the SC2 they already own has link on it. link was most likely one of their mains, that is a feature missing for people who already have the game.

not everyone had the GC ver. The popular ver. was the PS2 one.

Granted pretty much every character is viable due to overall very good system mechanics, but link was absolutely not considered a higher tier character.

That being said I am disappointed that he isn't in the game, if only to crush the army link players that think they're hot stuff because they beat Johnny up the block.

Uhhh no.

You'd make some sense if you said that PS2 and Xbox combined trample the GC sales, meaning the majority of SC2 players didn't experience Link. But using just the PS2 version won't help your argument at all.

TDLink

But is Necrid going to be in?

Character Select screen has to be different if both Necrid and Spawn make it. Wonder what they will do.

ascii42

And those people, including me, are probably in the group that aren't saying no link no buy.

Actually, I already have all three versions

But I'll probably get this too.

Didn't expect this news but not totally that surprising. Still, good news.

Though it figures this thread would turn into another Link/tier/sales complaint/back-and-forth thread. =/

I think that WW the PS2 version sold more, but in the last thread this was the NPD from October

Soul Calibur (GC): 836,734
Soul Calibur (PS2): 786,998
Soul Calibur (Xbox): 571,415

Japan

Soul Calibur II Namco PS2 144,948
Soul Calibur II Namco GC 92,447

And in Europe all we know is SCII PS2 was ten spots higher than the GC version in the month of release.

Ganondorfo

I never played a Soul Calibur after 3... Is Soul Calibur 4 and 5 worth it? How about that psp game Soul Calibur broken destiny? Yeah sorry for asking this questions, it just because I am so behind on this franchise, i want to catch up.

I think that WW the PS2 version sold more, but in the last thread this was the NPD from October

Soul Calibur (GC): 836,734
Soul Calibur (PS2): 786,998
Soul Calibur (Xbox): 571,415

Japan

Soul Calibur II Namco PS2 144,948
Soul Calibur II Namco GC 92,447

And in Europe all we know is SCII PS2 was ten spots higher than the GC version in the month of release.

I think the moral of the story here is that Namco is leaving money on the table with no announced Wii U version. Regardless of which sold best.

Top Bottom