• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) Demo impressions

Am I a bad person for finding the English VA to be decent? I'm not finding a big problem with it like many GAFfers in this thread although I find Sortiara's VA not very good. I do wish that Librom's voice was perhaps a little creepier but its grown on me.

Maybe I'm just a bad person. Will still be nice to have the Japanese VA with subtitles though to try out.

KiraFA37

I just don't like the voice of the book, it's just not creepy enough, I mean its a book with a cover of flesh. Also for some reason the voice reminds me of Wheatly of portal 2.

ZeroAKA

it's gotta be something like that. it was so wierd seeing something pop up after a while of nothing. same thing happened a few days ago with a sigil. i unlocked it but had no idea what i did.
I remember reading somewhere that it has to do with the number times you save/sacrifice a boss enemy (one for saving, one for sacrificing). I'm surprised that's an option in the demo.

Shoyz

Got my first Venom Sword as a martyr reward from Cerberus. Wonder if it's a rare one.

Any idea when the best time to golem him is? I've been trying to use a golem after blocking him down with my shield, but if you block his charge he always seems to go right for another charge afterwards, wasting the golem.
Best time seems to be when he falls over naturally since he might go into that walking-into-it pattern that gives you like 8 free hits.

Also, you apparently unlock new colors for your costume when you hit 100 Boss LE/SEs?

Got my first Venom Sword as a martyr reward from Cerberus. Wonder if it's a rare one.
that's the only way i've gotten it. i only have like 2-3, so yeah pretty rare for the demo. the cool thing is that even if you don't have it you can test it out by getting one from the environment.

Any idea when the best time to golem him is? I've been trying to use a golem after blocking him down with my shield, but if you block his charge he always seems to go right for another charge afterwards, wasting the golem.
Best time seems to be when he falls over naturally since he might go into that walking-into-it pattern that gives you like 8 free hits.
use a second block from the front-left or front-right of your golem to bounce him back in front of the golem.

Shoyz

Cheapass
Sortiara
Strat I just figured out.
If you want a free LE: when she's dead, spawn a golem behind her, wait for it to slam it's fist and then immediately save her. Right when she respawns the golem will slam it's fist and re-kill her in one hit. :)
The timing is a bit tricky as you get hit once and continue it the second time, but it's great if you can get the timing down.

Is there a list compiled of all the demo's sigils yet? I just unlocked one this late in, so who knows how many there are. I'll start if not, tell me if you have any not listed:

Upper Arm:
Gelid Sigil I
Fellroot Sigil I
Countershock Sigil I
Vendetta Sigil I
Heartbreak Sigil I

Forearm:
Effulgent Sigil I
Brawler Sigil I
Hunting Sigil I
Exterminator Sigil I
Barrier Sigil I
Healer Sigil I
Dark Blood Sigil I
Divine Blood Sigil I

Palm:
Vigor Sigil I
Slayer Sigil I
Sentinel Sigil I
Consequence Sigil I
Annihialator Sigil I
Sacrificial Sigil I
Glorious Sigil I

tm24

Finally beat Cerebus solo. Took 12 minutes. Never got a chance to black rite. Rocked 2x Ice Thorns, ice shield, venom golem, healing seed and the god tier falcon evade. Destroyed all 3 heads and then it was a breeze. So pumped

Grinchy

Banned
You can also get Timesand as a martyr reward from Harpy. That's actually how I ended up getting my first couple Timesands.

Foxix Von

I finally beat chapter six yesterday, and so did my girlfriend. We finally got around to actually getting to play some of the ad hoc/multiplayer... holy hell.

The game definitely has a clicking point where everything sort of falls in place and you realize how thoughtful the design is and how most of the mechanics work. I haven't had this much fun with an action RPG since I first played PSO on the gamecube.

I can quite literally give no higher praise than that.

i might be wrong but it seems i'm currently downloading the full game...

Soul sacrifice the demo was named "soul sacrifice demo" yet another entry popped in my download list named "soul sacrifice tm" and it's bigger in size...

This is ...well unexpected

EDIT : Well this was indeed the full game.

Grinchy

Banned

Soul sacrifice the demo was named "soul sacrifice demo" yet another entry popped in my download list named "soul sacrifice tm" and it's bigger in size...

I checked my download list and it still just says "demo"

I guess I'll just have to stick with buying it haha

I envy you....

Don't envy me.. i have the game on my console but i can't play.

Full game is 1773 mb..It's locked to not start untill the first of may.

The japanese voice pack is also in my download list but i can't download it

2013-04-25-144951.jpg

Ken

I don't understand the satchel or anything in it. What are considered casts? Should I worry about breaking weapons? Boosting? Is it possible to use up everything in a fight and have nothing to attack with?

I don't understand the satchel or anything in it. What are considered casts? Should I worry about breaking weapons? Boosting? Is it possible to use up everything in a fight and have nothing to attack with?

Well it's possible. it can happen ..but even if you have nothing left to use , there is are still some item on the field to get another way to attack or a way to charge your cast/weapon/recovery and such.

It's kinda hard to have no options left to fight

oh god why do Japanese devs keep making ps2 games stop it

Nice bump, you troll often or just today?

Ken, a cast is a single use. So if you have say the giant arm calling it in is a cast and it last for whatever the duration states or in the case of this offering it can also end when you do a charged attack. So let's say you are using those pinwheels or the root attacks. For those you get a stock 15 and everytime you use the attack is a cast. You can get more casts by stacking these offerings. If you have 12 of something you could then turn that into 6 1* offerings, then 3 2* offerings and then 1 3* offering with an extra 2* leftover to further upgrade down the line.

The game explicitly warns you with a giant message across the screen if you are about to use up completely an offering. If you do so it is gone for that fight and you have to use Lacrima to repair it afterwards. However, the game does give you clues when the offerings are running low. A slow flash on an offering means it is about half used up, and a fast flash means one more and it is gone. So let's say you have an offering with 6 casts it will slowly pulse after 3 and after the last one you will get a warning and it will pulse really fast letting you know the next is the last. You can recover casts in matches by sacrificing things or by finding offering renewal sites. Use mind's eye to find those sites, they are usually a solid white color whereas other sites for weapons and armor are bit more wispy and white.

lingiii

Banned
only just got into Vita, went searching for threads about games, saw this screenshot:

i2AbSI31hmQAk.jpg

has an environment ever been so dead?

My recommendation stop searching for threads and play the demo. If you still don't like it thst's cool. We all have different tastes.

The environments in the demo alone have a lot of variety.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
only just got into Vita, went searching for threads about games, saw this screenshot:

i2AbSI31hmQAk.jpg

has an environment ever been so dead?
This screenshot is missing a huge piece of the environment, which makes you not notice its other parts. I guess it's under water preparing to attack.

omg_mjd

First time to play online and fight Cerberus. After 3 tries he finally goes down with the help of a fellow gaffer and 2 randoms. (Two of us asked to be sacrificed and Cerberus's health was just a sliver after that.)

I was having second thoughts about buying SS day one but its online game is pretty good. I have a slow connection at home (1 Mbps DSL) but it played out smoothly for the most part. Party chat worked well enough too (tons of static but likely due to my slow internet).

Don't envy me.. i have the game on my console but i can't play.

Full game is 1773 mb..It's locked to not start untill the first of may.

I'm going to sound silly, but have you tried turning off the wifi and changing the date/clock from the recovery menu (I kinda remember it was possible)

Anyway finally beaten Cerberus offline with AI help yesterday night, icebuild+golem and inferno works wonders, and now I'll try to farm some sands of time and switching to 19/1.

Be careful. Pre-orders dont cost a penny, but when they unlock they'll remove the funds.

Check if it appears on your... what was it again, list of services, transactions... i dont remember. Check it properly unless you want a bad surprise.

PS: Yes, i'm implying that you preordered by mistake or by a ps store mistake.

I also had RE6 on my ps3 days before, and also the preorder maps. Cancelled the preorder and everything disappeared. It can be confusing.

---

What i'm trying to say here is that no one who got the game (digitally) at this point paid for it, so even if you have it on your download list it still hasn't gone through the paywall.

Top Bottom