• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Carolina CNN Dem Debate (Obama: Yet to determine if Bill is, in fact, a brotha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
OH SHIT! GO EDWARDS

"How is this squabbling going to get children health care?"

"This is not about us personally."

OWNED

impirius

Okay, so we have a Coporate Lawyer versus a Slumlord Syncophant, check

Come on Edwards, knock it out of the park here plz

JayDubya

Banned
Holy shit. I thought the Republican debates were full of rudeness.

This is just personal mudslinging on a whole new level.

NomarTyme said:
He had too!
Yeah, sure whatever. Neither of them are angels. Neither of them are the devil. Both of them are dems with similar politics. So, I'm just pointing out that the Hillary=devil Obama=Savior elan here is ridiculous.

But, let's continue watching, "we're just warming up" :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
whytemyke said:
:lol watch Edwards start to shine :lol

Just watching the other two while he speaks, Obama looked like he regretted the bickering when Edwards said the line about health care, Hillary looked like she still wanted to get another crack in. At the very least, Obama faked remorse better.

edit...oops, meant to quote reilo.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Obama needed to defend himself strongly, and I'm glad he finally unleashed against Hillary.

now whether this helps his campaign against the swing voters is the question...

Juice

Jesus, after the New Hampshire team-up resulted in Clinton getting a huge boost, what the hell will this do?

How is this going to get women to vote for Obama?

Juice

njp142 said:
This is both entertaining as hell

YES.

and kind of depressing that this is where politics have come.

NO.

Anything that assures a schism in the Democratic party should Clinton win will cause her to lose the general due to low turnout and then pave the way for an Obama comeback in 2012.

scorcho

njp142 said:
This is both entertaining as hell and kind of depressing that this is where politics have come.
have you, like, studied American politic-ing dating back to the early 1800s? this is nothing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
quadriplegicjon said:
i missed it.. what did she say?

Obama said he was out fighting against the repercussions of the Republican policies of the 80s while Hillary was on the board of Wal Mart as a corporate lawyer.

Hillary returned by stating while she was speaking out against the republicans, Obama was a lawyer for a chicago slumlord.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:
If only Edwards would drop out and endorse Obama :"(

If only Obama would drop out and endorse Edwards!

Edwards is a real progressive candidate who is angry about the bullshit that goes on in this country. Sucks he has no shot because he's not glitzy like the other two.

Plus he's annoying with his mill stuff.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
njp142 said:
This is both entertaining as hell and kind of depressing that this is where politics have come.
You should see British Politicians in session:

RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE!

This is what I want to watch. I'm still waiting for Hillary to flip and steal off on Obama.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Y2Kev said:

Edwards is a real progressive candidate who is angry about the bullshit that goes on in this country. Sucks he has no shot because he's not glitzy like the other two.

MILLS! yeah. i like edwards, but he has no chance at all. :/

v1cious

Banned
i don't care if you like politics or not, this is the best debate ever. that last twenty minutes was like Jerry Springer or something.

scorcho

i am really, really bothered by the way Hillary completely dissembled Obama's words about Reagan. what he stated was a historical fact - it may not have been politically suave in a presidential race, but it completely holds up.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
:lol yeah Hillary... blame the banks.

I'm fairly Democrat but lest I forget, the last time businesses went to get money from "Abu Dhabi" the DNC raised holy hell over it *cough*DC PORT AUTHORITY *cough*

Alcander

Y2Kev said:

QFT. I like Edwards a bunch too. Obama/Edwards would be the dreamteam ticket, but won't happen unfortunately :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
scorcho said:
i am really, really bothered by the way Hillary completely dissembled Obama's words about Reagan. what he stated was a historical fact - it may not have been politically suave in a presidential race, but it completely holds up.

What did he actually say? Neither of the two actually produced real quotes. :\

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
scorcho said:

yeah. at least he got her to backtrack a bit with the war comments.

impirius

20080122-x6hup77duuck3b1u926ge8x2bk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom