• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

My season 1 box should have been delivered yesterday. And there's a snowstorm coming today.

Definitely not dandy :/.

Grakl

Got my S1 blu-ray. Dandy is soooooo godlike. I love how much better the sound quality is than when I watched it before.

Rewatched the plant episode. Oh my god this series is the best. S2 please!

Zubz

Banned
Anyone else see this yet?

They're making a Space Dandy deck-building game ala Dominion via KickStarter; it's goal was really low, admittedly, but it reached 100% in under an hour! I find it amusing how much Americans love this series despite Japan not really caring all too much.

Seems way too pricey, though; only the $100 one was close to a good deal, and that's already sold out!

They're making a Space Dandy deck-building game ala Dominion via KickStarter; it's goal was really low, admittedly, but it reached 100% in under an hour! I find it amusing how much Americans love this series despite Japan not really caring all too much.

Seems way too pricey, though; only the $100 one was close to a good deal, and that's already sold out!

I think it was the same deal with Cowboy Bebop. Americans ate it up, but it was pretty lukewarm in Japan.

Digging the idea of a card game. Might back at some point.

Got my blu-ray, watched through the first five episodes so far. Fun show! The zombie episode was great, and I liked episodes 2 and 5 a lot as well.

That's cool, but I wouldn't have anyone to play with if I wanted. Also, aside from the occasional virtual yugioh fix, I'm done with card games.

Some of those rewards are gorgeous though.

Spux666

Banned
I have a question for those of you with the blu ray. Mine is still in the mail but I was curious as to how the shows region differences were handled. Is it possible to watch the show in English with the Japanese opening?

I have a question for those of you with the blu ray. Mine is still in the mail but I was curious as to how the shows region differences were handled. Is it possible to watch the show in English with the Japanese opening?

I'm watching it dubbed and the opening and ending are in Japanese, so I think you're good.

I dont particularly like anime, i havent watched one since i used to buy them on VHS tapes in the late 90s, but i watched Space Dandy on netflix out of sheer boredom one night and got hooked. This show is just straight up awesome. Love how the tone flips from serious to batshit crazy depending on the episode. The animation and art direction overall are just gorgeous too. Ive watched it in japanese with subs, and i dont know if i could get used to hearing anyone else voicing it now tho. Still, awesome show :D I love QT

I dont particularly like anime, i havent watched one since i used to buy them on VHS tapes in the late 90s, but i watched Space Dandy on netflix out of sheer boredom one night and got hooked. This show is just straight up awesome. Love how the tone flips from serious to batshit crazy depending on the episode. The animation and art direction overall are just gorgeous too. Ive watched it in japanese with subs, and i dont know if i could get used to hearing anyone else voicing it now tho. Still, awesome show :D I love QT

Of all the English dubs out there, Space Dandy's is by far one of the best. Planet Trendy especially.

Faiz

Of all the English dubs out there, Space Dandy's is by far one of the best. Planet Trendy especially.

Agreed. I only have a quibble with one voice really (Honey), and she's not major enough of a character for me to get too worked up.

Dandy himself is spectacular.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
A World with No Sadness, Baby is one of the best episodes I've ever seen in anime.

Just finished watching the last episode a few minutes ago. Gotta say, Space Dandy is amazing. I was totally blown away by a ton of the episodes.

[edit]

Usually don't watch anime in English but the dub was fantastic, too.

Bumping cause I'm wondering if anyone could directly translate the four bottom tweets. Liborek3 on twitter said the following about them:

https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/914672241954213889

Last 4 RTs> The Space Dandy sequel dream is still alive.

https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/914735926307442688

There's desire to make more and Cartoon Network representative said they're willing to invest into it.

https://twitter.com/monmonburahiko/status/913752837598801920

マッハ55号上杉さんの展示会にて渡辺信一郎監督トークショー観てきました!監督作ということでビバップにダンディのお話を楽しくしていたら、途中からボンズ南さんまで参加してダンディやりたいね~!というお話が聞けて嬉しかった~!!🚀 #55x20

DK5NV0WUEAAeLcM.jpg

DK5NWfeVAAAsgvj.jpg

https://twitter.com/mujunsyounen/status/913746460729942016

『スペース☆ダンディ』は日米で世界同時放送していた作品ですが、アメリカでの放送局であるカートゥンネットワークのダンディ担当だった人が「ダンディの続編やるなら全額出す」と言ったそうです。ちなみにその担当の人、ダンディのお陰で偉くなったとか!

https://twitter.com/docrockaco/status/913773203931066368

南さんがアメリカのカートゥーンネットワークの方からついおととい「ダンディ続編やるなら全額だす!」って言われたそうなんだけど、それ聞いた監督が「じゃあ今やってる仕事ストップしてダンディやっていい?」って言ったら南さん一瞬「…えーっと」ってなってましたw

https://twitter.com/amonnn777/status/913730657494360066

マッハ55号がデザインするアニメ・音楽・書籍の世界20年展 “THE MACH55GO WORKS 55x20” Gallery X BY PARCO 渡辺信一郎監督が出演!ボンズの南社長も飛び入り参加! 名前を変えてスペースダンディがまた見れる日がくるかも⁉︎ #55x20

DK45LcZVoAEjLLc.jpg

Gorillaz

saw space dandy show up in my sub and was like "what"

I would be down for a sequel series the show is so loose in it's plot until that finale and even then that's not the be all end all. I was just thinking about space dandy a month ago too.

duckroll

Bumping cause I'm wondering if anyone could directly translate the four bottom tweets. Liborek3 on twitter said the following about them:

There was an event in Japan recently. Watanabe was there along with the BONES producer Minami. Minami said that the CN peeps told him if they want to make a Space Dandy sequel they will foot the bill. So Watanabe said let's do it, stop whatever you are making now and let's gooooo! Minami said eeerrrrrmmmm....

That's the entire story. Means it's probably coming in the future but BONES is too busy right now.

Crocodile

*Sees Space Dandy thread get bumped*

Whoa what's this now? Possibility of more Dandy? Y'all assholes better not be fucking with me. The core staff needs to return though (putting aside the anthology nature of the series). I don't want another OPM S2 scenario!

There was an event in Japan recently. Watanabe was there along with the BONES producer Minami. Minami said that the CN peeps told him if they want to make a Space Dandy sequel they will foot the bill. So Watanabe said let's do it, stop whatever you are making now and let's gooooo! Minami said eeerrrrrmmmm....

That's the entire story. Means it's probably coming in the future but BONES is too busy right now.

Realistically, should we get our hopes up (even if we have to wait a year or two) or is this a nothing burger?

duckroll

Definitely not a nothing burger but not an announcement either. I think they all honestly want to do it and the money is there.

Thanks for the summary.

BaconHat

Definitely not a nothing burger but not an announcement either. I think they all honestly want to do it and the money is there.

Might be hard to do right now since they are the studio doing the hero academia adaptation, which probably won't end anytime soon, but getting a third season of dandy would be amazing.

duckroll

Might be hard to do right now since they are the studio doing the hero academia adaptation, which probably won't end anytime soon, but getting a third season of dandy would be amazing.

One series is hardly the problem. BONES is pretty big these days and capable of up to 4-5 productions at a time. The issue is that they have a ton of their slate now: Two more Eureka 7 movies, MHA S3, a Bungo Stray Dogs movie, a new series for Netflix next year, possibly the Beatless adaptation, and who knows what else.

Zubz

Banned

I just started MHA. It's amazing. I love it. The characters are fantastic. The world is fun. I am already hooked.

But sacrifices need to be made for perfection, baby.

space-dandy-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom