• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Boobies Wonderland, and it was so worth every penny. Two hours of fantastic music, and my only complaint is the lack of a few songs such as the one that plays when the dancingians are fusing together at the end of "We're All Fools...". At least it has just about all my favorite tracks from the show.

If you have any interest in the music, get it.

Pete Rock

Finally. It seems appropriate that I was on a transformational journey during the airing of the last few episodes. A large part of this quest was sourcing and bonding with the spirit molecule for my first time. These last few episodes would have made a lot less intuitive sense to me prior to that experience.

Dandy is the highest concentration of DMT in the universe. It all makes so much sense now. The grand finale was absolute perfection. Quantum Infinite Dandy Harmonization.

Please, whoever is friends with and travels in the same circles as these artists, it is your duty to humanity to keep these folks supplied with high quality psychedelics. Thank you for your service.

ॐ to the booty 💕

Space Dandy: Season 1: Amazon Exclusive [Blu-ray/DVD Combo] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYXHZEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Did you guys know this went live? Pre-order now before you regret not jumping in.

Jesus that's expensive...

Awesome. And here's the regular blu-ray edition for $42 from Rightstuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/vDW86GpwyMGNarAYBB/browse/item/103857/4/0/0

That's more like it.

Don't forget about the Aloha Oe edition (no preorder up yet)

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014...h-these-space-dandy-premium-edition-releases/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's the Amazon exclusive edition seen here.

Space Dandy: Season 1: Amazon Exclusive [Blu-ray/DVD Combo] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYXHZEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Did you guys know this went live? Pre-order now before you regret not jumping in.

Just buy Boobies Wonderland. It's seriously worth it, seriously.

They picked the best possible track to start it off with.

ZEN LA ROCKA ON DA MIC

YEAH YEAH

MetalDeer

I think those prices are a little too steep for me. "Season One" means it's only the first half of the show, right? I think I'll just wait it out and see if there's a full set with the whole show, hopefully for cheap.

Always preorder early on Amazon! No reason not to if it's something you want. I went with the regular Limited Edition at Rightstuf as I'm not a fan of the tchotchkes in the Funi or Amazon editions.

jonno394

Just started my first watch through of space dandy season one (thanks to the uk release by Anime Limited). Watched the first six episodes over the last two evenings and they're fantastic. Episode 2
Phantom ramen
, 4
zombies
and 5
little alien girl
are my standout favourites so far. Soundtrack and visuals are both amazing and the English dub is laugh out loud funny at times.

If you guys are to be believed then season two is even better than this. Can't wait for its release.

FafaFooey

I Just started watching this on UK Netflix but wow, what a great example of an English dub making an anime show even better. Incredibly funny script.

jonno394

I Just started watching this on UK Netflix but wow, what a great example of an English dub making an anime show even better. Incredibly funny script.

Indeed. I usually watch with Japanese dub but I gave this a go as I heard it was great, and it was. Up there with cowboy bebop and fma as the only shows I'll rewatch with the English dub :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just started my first watch through of space dandy season one (thanks to the uk release by Anime Limited). Watched the first six episodes over the last two evenings and they're fantastic. Episode 2
Phantom ramen
, 4
zombies
and 5
little alien girl
are my standout favourites so far. Soundtrack and visuals are both amazing and the English dub is laugh out loud funny at times.

If you guys are to be believed then season two is even better than this. Can't wait for its release.

The show really hits it's stride about halfway through season 1 and just goes god-like from there.

xam3l

Just finished watching this. What a great strange show. The english dub is great.

I need something similar to this now.

Just finished watching this. What a great strange show. The english dub is great.

I need something similar to this now.
Well, the creator of this also made Cowboy Bebop, which if you've never seen get on it right this instant. Otherwise, idk. I recently started Kill La Kill and I'm loving that, but my anime knowledge doesn't go farther than the ones shown on old school Toonami, GitS, and Evangelion.

Just checking this show out now. So far so good! Dat animation:

kB4vtLe.gif
tK1pQYO.gif

Just got this Dandy vinyl record in the mail over the weekend. It's got 8 tracks, Side A from OST1 and Side B from OST2. I'm really happy to get my hands on this since I missed out on the two limited edition Cowboy Bebop EPs. I'm still on the lookout for those but I'm not too hopeful since they were VERY limited for the Cowboy Bebop Japanese Fanclub that preordered the ASK DNA and Cowboy Bebop Remixes albums. Maybe I'll hit up some record shops if I ever go to Japan and try my luck.

Just got this Dandy vinyl record in the mail over the weekend. It's got 8 tracks, Side A from OST1 and Side B from OST2. I'm really happy to get my hands on this since I missed out on the two limited edition Cowboy Bebop EPs. I'm still on the lookout for those but I'm not too hopeful since they were VERY limited for the Cowboy Bebop Japanese Fanclub that preordered the ASK DNA and Cowboy Bebop Remixes albums. Maybe I'll hit up some record shops if I ever go to Japan and try my luck.

:O I need this in my life.

Gogo_ZvC

Whoa, didn't know this existed. Where'd you end up ordering from/is it still available?

I didn't know that was Dandy, I thought it was a random guy, dubbed over.

It's a great commercial.

I was going to get that Amazon edition, but I couldn't justify the extra cost for the only two items I wanted: belt buckle and Dandy charm.

Anyone who wants to sell that charm for a reasonable price, let me know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
whenever this thread gets bumped I am led to believe news for another SD season has been stated

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom