• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

sighI still can't get over Dandy and Scarlett not happening

She goes through all the trouble of saving him but doesn't even get a kiss.. instead she just gets phased out of existence!

At this point it just feels like Dandy was on equal grounds with both Scarlet and Honey.

She goes through all the trouble of saving him but doesn't even get a kiss.. instead she just gets phased out of existence!

At this point it just feels like Dandy was on equal grounds with both Scarlet and Honey.

Nah Scarlet and Dandy could've had something if it wasn't for bad circumstances as they genuinely clicked on a hobbies/emotional level. Honey was the hot waitress who turned into a friend. Dandy wasn't ever interested in her nor was she for Dandy, they just enjoyed each other's company as friends do.

DarkKyo

Nah Scarlet and Dandy could've had something if it wasn't for bad circumstances as they genuinely clicked on a hobbies/emotional level. Honey was the hot waitress who turned into a friend. Dandy wasn't ever interested in her nor was she for Dandy, they just enjoyed each other's company as friends do.

I feel that way too for the most part, however Honey has talked about Dandy like she has revered him in the past. You know, like he's a special guy who would be fun to date. Scarlet and Dandy were potentially more compatible and they were definitely closer on an emotional level but she was the other side of the spectrum compared to Honey; less interested in Dandy when he's being his normal goofball self and more interested in Dandy's deeper side(much like Catherine seemed to be). Honey seemed to enjoy the fun side more but would never be serious about dating him.

Grakl

It's too bad their budget ran out in episode 3 of the first season! (lmao)

Finally got to watch the ending. Absolutely amazing. I'll write up everything tomorrow, I think. I'll miss Dandy.

Lucario

I like how this is what pyonium looks like:

p5EgSI7.jpg

I guess that's why the boob drawing finished dr. gel's equation in the library ep, lol

That was a wild finale.

If this is the end, I had fun with it. I wouldn't call Space Dandy one of my favorites, but it's one hell of a ride from the shifting animation styles, to the variety in alien designs, to the wildly different plots episode to episode. Another season would be great if they decide to go in that direction, but I'd also really love to see them put some insane production values into a movie.

aechris

Part of why I love Dandy is the references to other shows. The Gundam part in the Endless Eight episode was amazing. Loved the Eva ones from the last ep. Is there a site anywhere that tries to document all of them?

And was Perry supposed to be a reference to someone? I thought maybe Admiral Perry but they don't look the same. His face just looked too detailed to be a coincidental design.

jonno394

UK box for the first season with a 200 page artbook

uS2gsHO.jpg

Looks insane, I havent watched the show but have read impressions in this thread and seen screengrabs, so I cannot wait to finallyw atch this in November!

Finalow

so good, great finale. anime saved.

sakuga.gif

UK box for the first season with a 200 page artbook
-
Looks insane, I havent watched the show but have read impressions in this thread and seen screengrabs, so I cannot wait to finallyw atch this in November!
I'll probably buy that as well, pretty expensive though.

I like how this is what pyonium looks like:
-
I guess that's why the boob drawing finished dr. gel's equation in the library ep, lol
yes, it all makes sense.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Part of why I love Dandy is the references to other shows. The Gundam part in the Endless Eight episode was amazing. Loved the Eva ones from the last ep. Is there a site anywhere that tries to document all of them?

And was Perry supposed to be a reference to someone? I thought maybe Admiral Perry but they don't look the same. His face just looked too detailed to be a coincidental design.

Perry looks like the current Google CEO

Scavenger

The UK boxset is also like missing all of the bonus features on the Japanese discs like audio commentary. I've had my preorder since January, but I might cancel it and wait and see what the bonus features of the US release are.

Haha my fault for coming into this thread without watching it. Came in to see if y'all had seen the UK Blu-ray, but I might as well cancel it now :p Not your fault so don't worry about it.

To be fair
dying doesn't mean much in the Space Dandy universe. Dandy and crew have died more than once.

Haha my fault for coming into this thread without watching it. Came in to see if y'all had seen the UK Blu-ray, but I might as well cancel it now :p Not your fault so don't worry about it.

If you are thinking that is some kind of real spoiler because you haven't seen the show yet, I wouldn't be concerned at all. That definitely isn't a spoiler

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Definitely not a spoiler.

javac

If you are thinking that is some kind of real spoiler because you haven't seen the show yet, I wouldn't be concerned at all. That definitely isn't a spoiler

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Definitely not a spoiler.

Okay. In any case I understand that even if it was a spoiler I should still check it out since there's more than one aspect to a show (soundtrack, animation, execution etc) but I just get demotivated when I see something that I think is a spoiler since it can seem a bit frivolous to go through a whole show if you know how it ends or are spoiled.

It's my fault for coming into the thread of course, I was just gonna see if the UK Blu-ray had been posted. I'll check the show out when the Blu-ray comes out. This was one of the shows that arrived on Simulcast around the same time as KLK and I just decided to wait till they both finished before watching.

Okay. In any case I understand that even if it was a spoiler I should still check it out since there's more than one aspect to a show (soundtrack, animation, execution etc) but I just get demotivated when I see something that I think is a spoiler since it can seem a bit frivolous to go through a whole show if you know how it ends or are spoiled.

It's my fault for coming into the thread of course, I was just gonna see if the UK Blu-ray had been posted. I'll check the show out when the Blu-ray comes out. This was one of the shows that arrived on Simulcast around the same time as KLK and I just decided to wait till they both finished before watching.

I totally understand that sentiment which was why I wanted to catch you before you never come into this topic again thinking the whole thing was spoiled, haha. That comment was meaningless and shouldn't impact you as a "spoiler". Definitely check the show out when you can.

javac

I totally understand that sentiment which was why I wanted to catch you before you never come into this topic again thinking the whole thing was spoiled, haha. That comment was meaningless and shouldn't impact you as a "spoiler". Definitely check the show out when you can.

Thanks. It's kinda funny because I came into this thread, saw a bunch of comments slightly for a second and quickly went back, but thought "eh I'm spoiled now so I might as well read what they said!" so that's why I came back lol! It's kinda petty but I guess when I get spoiled I feel like just spoiling everything for myself and burning it all down, out of spite with myself for letting my guard down. I'll continue on my path to try to stay spoiler free until it comes out!

You don't need to watch much Space Dandy to realize how little that statement means, haha.

To be fair up until this point I've not seen anything from this show at all. Trailers etc. I generally do a good job of steering clear of plot, side characters, music, themes...basically everything. I've had shows on my backlog for years that I've not been spoiled on at all! Looking at the cover and the poster gives me a hint at the type of show it is, but looks are always deceiving with anime! It could end in any way as far as I'm aware! :p

Blader

Holy shit. What a finale. I absolutely loved the way they
used the show's anthology format as an actual plot point,
and exploited it to its batshit limits. And the immense battle sequences, with every ship and giant robot being thrown at each other...so good. Such an incredibly satisfying finish.

At the end of season 1, I was lukewarm about the series. Now, I want more: season 3, a movie, an OVA, whatever, just give me less Terror in Resonance shit and more Dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom