• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What's it going to be? Loyalty to your thread, or loyalty to me? Your thread, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your fellow posters, or your personal feelings? You don't know the truth yet. But sooner or later you'll have to choose.

originalyab22.jpg

glottis8

Banned
Kind of odd phrasing, I don't think I consider Big Boss the series' hero.

Not sure if I'll watch the stream... I really don't want to be spoiled, I feel like I already know too much.

Who am I kidding, I'm definitely watching the stream

If not the hero then at least one of the characters with the most personality and drive. His pain is almost palpable. I feel for BB.

Spaghetti

oh snap, guess i was wrong after all. i always expect gamescom to be treated like the red headed stepchild of gaming events when it comes to content, but i guess konami wants to step their profile up in europe a bit.

Kind of odd phrasing, I don't think I consider Big Boss the series' hero.

This is why I'm Team B. At times, I really feel like KojiPro themselves don't even care about making the distinction between Solid Snake and Big Boss, that's why I think casting a new voice actor was just incidental and Kiefer will probably end up playing SS as well when/if he shows up and isn't a child :p And everyone will riot.

Sn4ke_911

I wonder what's there to talk about for 1 hour.

Is it time for the new Metal Gear Online reveal?

HYPE

Game is likely less than 12 months away, they're releasing a lot of media for it recently, it's probably coming out Q1/Q2 2015, roughly a year after GZ.

I wonder what's there to talk about for 1 hour.

Is it time for the new Metal Gear Online reveal?

HYPE

Geoff Keighley MGO DLC! Doritos-inspired shirt and Mountain Dew-branded command vest included with Geoff Keighley skin. Originally set at $39.99, this premium package, "GEOFF ZEROES," can be yours for $29.99!

I hope the surprises are:

a. Solid Snake revealed. Voiced by David Hayter.

b. New gameplay footage set in Africa.

Sn4ke_911, what do you think about point a.?
leuhkiktmk96.gif

Sn4ke_911

I hope the surprises are:

a. Solid Snake revealed. Voiced by David Hayter.

b. New gameplay footage set in Africa.

Sn4ke_911, what do you think about point a.?
leuhkiktmk96.gif

I like it a lot and this will definitely happen, i just don't know if they reveal it at Gamescom.

leuhkiktmk96.gif

My hype levels are through the stratosphere.

I know right? man it's better than we all could have ever hoped for!

What's it going to be? Loyalty to your thread, or loyalty to me? Your thread, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your fellow posters, or your personal feelings? You don't know the truth yet. But sooner or later you'll have to choose.

giphy.gif

God, I love MGS3 so fucking much

R-User!

Loyalty to duckroll!

:)

By the way, Sn4ke_911, I am a member on GAF for almost 3 years and almost never posted here until today. But seeing your massive thread on MGS prompted me to get into the discussion.

I am among the minority who thinks Hayter is in it and have done some research on it as well. I came across several things which indicates his involvement but I will post just two things.

Check out this video: www.youtube.com/embed/-Se5UHIjIfc

Now this is where it gets rather interesting. On July 30th, 2011 David Hayter answered a few fan questions.

Q. Are you working on any Metal Gear Projects?

A. I can't tell you if am working on any Metal Gear Projects.

Q. Are you disappointed that the Metal Gear Solid series is over?

A. Umm...Is it over?

Two points to be noted here. He does not want to talk about any future Metal Gear Solid game he might be working on which is kind of odd since he could have outright denied his involvement. Secondly he hints that the series is not over. Of course, he might be talking about Metal Gear Rising Revengance in his second answer or he must be aware that a new game starring Snake is being worked on.

and the second thing

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/283312270015082496

Now this is where things started getting rather obvious to me. When the teaser trailer for The Phantom Pain was revealed, the masked man in video sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland. A fan asked whether Hayter has met Kifer to which he tweeted that they met but their voices were too growly to understand each other. If you read between the lines, Hayter is teasing that Sutherland will be involved in the game after all sounding growly is a characteristic of Snake's voice. Again at this point nothing was ever confirmed by Konami or Kojima about the potential voice actors.

I still have a lot to share but will do later.

Dude, I'm seriously getting sick of this shit. I love Metal Gear Solid more than any other series, but this is getting on my nerves. I'm tired of this drip feed, "look at this pretty engine!," nonsensical trailer bullshit. Where the hell is MGO? Why are they beating this game into the ground by showing it little by little at every game show? And if you're sure that this stream will include ANYTHING ANYTHING even remotely shocking/exciting/new you've got another thing coming. I just want to play the game. Stop teasing. Stop fucking around. Say when it's coming out and be done with it. I understand, Konami is barren as fuck. They have absolutely nothing else to show or promote, but I'm honestly getting sick of this game. It's like, like, the more I see of it, the less hyped I get. And where the hell is MGO?!?

Look, I get it. I understand. I'm just tired of this going on and on and on. It's been almost 2 years since the game was revealed. I'm exhausted, Kojima. I'm losing my will to care, Konami. Y u do dis

By the way, Sn4ke_911, I am a member on GAF for almost 3 years and almost never posted here until today. But seeing your massive thread on MGS prompted me to get into the discussion.

I am among the minority who thinks Hayter is in it and have done some research on it as well. I came across several things which indicates his involvement but I will post just two things.

Now this is where it gets rather interesting. On July 30th, 2011 David Hayter answered a few fan questions.

A. Umm...Is it over?

Two points to be noted here. He does not want to talk about any future Metal Gear Solid game he might be working on which is kind of odd since he could have outright denied his involvement. Secondly he hints that the series is not over. Of course, he might be talking about Metal Gear Rising Revengance in his second answer or he must be aware that a new game starring Snake is being worked on.

and the second thing

Now this is where things started getting rather obvious to me. When the teaser trailer for The Phantom Pain was revealed, the masked man in video sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland. A fan asked whether Hayter has met Kifer to which he tweeted that they met but their voices were too growly to understand each other. If you read between the lines, Hayter is teasing that Sutherland will be involved in the game after all sounding growly is a characteristic of Snake's voice. Again at this point nothing was ever confirmed by Konami or Kojima about the potential voice actors.

I will put this in the Hayter OT as part of Team A's evidence! Good work!

Batzi

Banned

A. Umm...Is it over?

and the second thing

The only thing you can look forward to at the moment is Solid Snake being in TPP. Whether Hayter will voice him or not is yet to be determined.

glottis8

Banned
Can you please let me know what is Team A? Love Deterrence was saying that he will use my post as evidence. Not sure for what.

There is a thread on the works with teams of evidence of whether Hayter will voice Snake, or snake will appear but not voiced by Hayter, and so on. It was in the nuked thread. Love Deterrence can give you some better details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom