• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

glottis8

Banned
Hope Geoff will do this on stage

FearlessAdorableDogwoodclubgall.gif

hahahaha that is so great. Well done my friend.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
By the way, Sn4ke_911, I am a member on GAF for almost 3 years and almost never posted here until today. But seeing your massive thread on MGS prompted me to get into the discussion.

I am among the minority who thinks Hayter is in it and have done some research on it as well. I came across several things which indicates his involvement but I will post just two things.

Check out this video: www.youtube.com/embed/-Se5UHIjIfc

Now this is where it gets rather interesting. On July 30th, 2011 David Hayter answered a few fan questions.

Q. Are you working on any Metal Gear Projects?

A. I can't tell you if am working on any Metal Gear Projects.

Q. Are you disappointed that the Metal Gear Solid series is over?

A. Umm...Is it over?

Two points to be noted here. He does not want to talk about any future Metal Gear Solid game he might be working on which is kind of odd since he could have outright denied his involvement. Secondly he hints that the series is not over. Of course, he might be talking about Metal Gear Rising Revengance in his second answer or he must be aware that a new game starring Snake is being worked on.

and the second thing

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/283312270015082496

Now this is where things started getting rather obvious to me. When the teaser trailer for The Phantom Pain was revealed, the masked man in video sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland. A fan asked whether Hayter has met Kifer to which he tweeted that they met but their voices were too growly to understand each other. If you read between the lines, Hayter is teasing that Sutherland will be involved in the game after all sounding growly is a characteristic of Snake's voice. Again at this point nothing was ever confirmed by Konami or Kojima about the potential voice actors.

I still have a lot to share but will do later.

Well i personally think they let Hayter in the dark for Ground Zeroes because there was no reason to tell him just yet that he will be in The Phantom Pain.

Because when you look at the IGN interview it really looked like he doesn't know anything, either this or he's a very good liar.

2014-07-3117_24_17-tww9ac5.png

I also posted in other threads which i think are lots of hints for example the voice actor of Raiden Quinton Flynn just said on a podcast a few days ago this:

more information has been revealed to me, i didn't understand it in the beginning. So then i was perplexed and later it was explained to me, no he (Sutherland) is replacing Big Boss, David will still be Snake.

Keep in mind Flynn is a very good friend of Hayter, he even prank called him at some event.

Just another hint Hayter is in MGSV.

Or this:

Voice recording director of the MGS games.

2014-07-3117_25_10-twrfzg9.png

Maybe she talks about Hayter being back? who knows.

Frolow

Banned
By the way, Sn4ke_911, I am a member on GAF for almost 3 years and almost never posted here until today. But seeing your massive thread on MGS prompted me to get into the discussion.

I am among the minority who thinks Hayter is in it and have done some research on it as well. I came across several things which indicates his involvement but I will post just two things.

Check out this video: www.youtube.com/embed/-Se5UHIjIfc

Now this is where it gets rather interesting. On July 30th, 2011 David Hayter answered a few fan questions.

Q. Are you working on any Metal Gear Projects?

A. I can't tell you if am working on any Metal Gear Projects.

Q. Are you disappointed that the Metal Gear Solid series is over?

A. Umm...Is it over?

Two points to be noted here. He does not want to talk about any future Metal Gear Solid game he might be working on which is kind of odd since he could have outright denied his involvement. Secondly he hints that the series is not over. Of course, he might be talking about Metal Gear Rising Revengance in his second answer or he must be aware that a new game starring Snake is being worked on.

and the second thing

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/283312270015082496

Now this is where things started getting rather obvious to me. When the teaser trailer for The Phantom Pain was revealed, the masked man in video sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland. A fan asked whether Hayter has met Kifer to which he tweeted that they met but their voices were too growly to understand each other. If you read between the lines, Hayter is teasing that Sutherland will be involved in the game after all sounding growly is a characteristic of Snake's voice. Again at this point nothing was ever confirmed by Konami or Kojima about the potential voice actors.

I still have a lot to share but will do later.
I really wouldn't look too much into that video. That's probably just his standard response to any Metal Gear questions he can't answer without getting in trouble with Konami. Not to mention it's from 2011, I doubt he had any knowledge of MGSV at that point.

I think the last trailer for TPP will feature a Solid Snake tease to intensify the hype.

Well i personally think they let Hayter in the dark for Ground Zeroes because there was no reason to tell him just yet that he will be in The Phantom Pain.

Because when you look at the IGN interview it really looked like he doesn't know anything, either this or he's a very good liar.

2014-07-3117_24_17-tww9ac5.png

I also posted in other threads which i think are lots of hints for example the voice actor of Raiden Quinton Flynn just said on a podcast a few days ago this:

Keep in mind Flynn is a very good friend of Hayter, he even prank called him at some event.

Just another hint Hayter is in MGSV.

Or this:

Voice recording director of the MGS games.

2014-07-3117_25_10-twrfzg9.png

Maybe she talks about Hayter being back? who knows.

The tweet from Kris is not a hint for Hayter. She was talking about getting work from Dream Works: https://twitter.com/TalkingDogz/status/489251594748182530

Coincidentally, Hayter was at Dream Works too. https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/489833187053301760

Edit: It seems that the tweets are only a few hours apart.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke_911

Someone in the audience during Q&A: "Mr. Kojima, when will Phantom Pain be released?"
Kojima: "1984."

Be prepared, guys.

I'm really really surprised they do Q&A now i mean the game must really be just around the corner. People will ask the weirdest and most interesting questions, so they can't always answer with "no comment".

Maybe the Q&A is for Metal Gear Online you know people can ask about modes and shit. I doubt Kojima would reveal parts of the main story in a Q&A.

or maybe the gameplay part is about mother base building and people can ask what they can construct, what colors etc.

I'm really really surprised they do Q&A now i mean the game must really be just around the corner. People will ask the weirdest and most interesting questions, so they can't always answer with "no comment".

Maybe the Q&A is for Metal Gear Online you know people can ask about modes and shit. I doubt Kojima would reveal parts of the main story in a Q&A.

or maybe the gameplay part is about mother base building and people can ask what they can constract, what colors etc.

One hour of "Hai! ^_^", "No comment.", and "COMING 1984! :)"

Cannot wait! ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

abrack08

This quote from Quinton Flynn is the best evidence I've seen. It's certainly not proof that Hayter is playing Solid Snake in MGSV, but gives me more hope we'll have a Hayter voiced Snake again eventually.

Of course Flynn is also just a voice actor, so he could be mistaken or talking out his ass. Hopefully not.

Sn4ke_911

THE HYPE IS TOO REAL GUYS!!!

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry1rwloe.gif

I NEED TO TAKE A COLD SHOWER OR SOMETHING, HOLY FUCK!

RangerBAD

or maybe the gameplay part is about mother base building and people can ask what they can construct, what colors etc.

Prepared answers include: 1984, nineteen eighty-four, and
55463.jpg

so obviously ken was playing coy about gamescom earlier because he wasn't sure if konami had announced this yet.

interesting how kojima was gun-shy about showing TPP at E3 but less than 2 months later we're (presumably) going to get a big blowout of info

Sn4ke_911

so obviously ken was playing coy about gamescom earlier because he wasn't sure if konami had announced this yet.

interesting how kojima was gun-shy about showing TPP at E3 but less than 2 months later we're (presumably) going to get a big blowout of info

called it ;)

It's probably because before E3 nobody outside of KP and Konami saw gameplay of TPP so they were all pretty nervous about showing it but since the E3 behind closed doors demo was so well received and everyone loved it they decided just a few days later to show it to the public and the positive impressions just keep on given. So now they go full out with gameplay, no more behind closed doors bullshit!

Thanks Kojima and Konami, THANK YOU!

called it ;)

It's probably because before E3 nobody outside of KP and Konami saw gameplay of TPP so they were all pretty nervous about showing it but since the E3 behind closed doors demo was so well received and everyone loved it they decided just a few days later to show it to the public and the positive impressions just keep on given. So now they go full out with gameplay, no more behind closed doors bullshit!

Seriously, we've been given so much footage - getting more is nothing short of awesome! ^_^

jeh

imagine an early october release date... with david hayter and keifer sutherland on stage...brb bathroom

called it ;)

agreed brotherrr * liquid voice, kojima seems pretty confident since like you said the gameplay has been well recieved by everyone, which makes me believe TPP is closer than we think.

VGA release date believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom