• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-07-3119_15_42-whc7u0k.png

I should be there dammit.

Its been a long time since I've played MGS though and am hazy on the story right now. Replaying the series before MGSV.

13c936d5e6a117d83078701694f0e454-gif-of-the-day-solid-snake-does-a-barrel-roll-forever.gif

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

The waiting just intensifies! Can't wait. Nothing beats gameplay demonstration. So would it be too soon to show MGSO... and is it feasible for MGSO to come with MGSV? or will it be separate? Maybe it'll be 60 bucks for MGSV and 30 bucks for MGSO

LOL at Tora. That would be amazing. The chat would implode during the stream haha
I don't see why MGO wouldn't come with MGS5. Maybe they could also sell it separately like they did with MGO2, but I very much hope MGS5 will have the full package.

I'm sure there will be plenty of information before release! If I remember correctly, there wasn't much MGO2 info (outside of the reveal trailer) until around the time the beta went online... Excited to find out whether or not we'll get to play classic modes such as Sneaking and Team Deathmatch!

There's no way there there won't be Team Sneaking in MGO3. I didn't play MGO1 (because I didn't have online on my PS2) so playing Team Sneak in MGO2 was a cool new experience back then, but familiar because it's basically hide and seek. Reminded me of Hide and Seek maps from Counter-Strike.

It's one of the few games were I really went out of my way to buy all the expansion packs. It was cool how they added special characters like Meryl, Vamp, Mei Ling and Raiden in the game. The only thing I found off about those expansions is how to create female characters you had to buy the first expansion

The waiting just intensifies! Can't wait. Nothing beats gameplay demonstration. So would it be too soon to show MGSO... and is it feasible for MGSO to come with MGSV? or will it be separate? Maybe it'll be 60 bucks for MGSV and 30 bucks for MGSO

I wouldn't be surprised if they handled it in the same way as they did MGO2 and MGS4. MGS4 came with MGO2 regardless, but they released MGO2 separately but Japan Only. I'd be cool with it if they did the same with MGO3 but did it globally to help increase the player count.

is dogg still banned? when will he return? ;_;

He should be back around the 5th!

image.php

There's no way there there won't be Team Sneaking in MGO3. I didn't play MGO1 (because I didn't have online on my PS2) so playing Team Sneak in MGO2 was a cool new experience back then, but familiar because it's basically hide and seek. Reminded me of Hide and Seek maps from Counter-Strike.

It's one of the few games were I really went out of my way to buy all the expansion packs. It was cool how they added special characters like Meryl, Vamp, Mei Ling and Raiden in the game. The only thing I found off about those expansions is how to create female characters you had to buy the first expansion.

Yeah, I feel ya! I loved the original MGO, and the second iteration even more. Underrated online experience. I'm genuinely sad that the servers are no longer up. However, efforts have been made to restore both versions of Metal Gear Online (the first is up, the second is a work-in-progress) so that's something. Assuming MGSV comes to PC, we won't have to worry about whether or not the servers go down as someone will surely find a way to keep them online.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am so excited Sn4ke...
soon, GAF will change
did you rike the video?

Haha, nice job dude but you missed quite a few people who contributed way more in the other thread, just take a look at the wall of shame a few posts above, still funny vid :)

MOAR PLZ!

Nvzman

Haha, nice job dude but you missed quite a few people who contributed way more in the other thread, just take a look at the wall of shame a few posts above, still funny vid :)

MOAR PLZ!

Well those guys are still helping/working against you, Boss.
I don't see how they could be with Solid Snake :p

Sn4ke_911

Well those guys are still helping/working against you, Boss.
I don't see how they could be with Solid Snake :p

Oooh, now i understand the video LOL sorry man.

but Love Deterrence for example is definitly on my team. He's like my right hand :p

Sn4ke_911

Also Nvzman, i LOVED the ending with the "METAL GEAR GAF" logo and Solid Snake (David Hayter) saying "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Brilliant.

Nvzman

Oooh, now i understand the video LOL sorry man.

but Love Deterrence for example is definitly on my team. He's like my right hand :p

Man I'm team A myself.
It's really the only way Kojima could do at the end to make this game even better (thus why I put that last part in with SS talking to Otacon).
Although I do hope that nobody at Konami announces anything related to Solid Snake until the game is released so that when people reach the ending they will be mind-blown.

Sn4ke_911

Man I'm team A myself.
It's really the only way Kojima could do at the end to make this game even better (thus why I put that last part in with SS talking to Otacon).
Although I do hope that nobody at Konami announces anything related to Solid Snake until the game is released so that when people reach the ending they will be mind-blown.

IF Solid Snake is in (of course voiced by David Hayter
leuhkiks9l13.gif
) i have a feeling they want to show this before the game comes out. To build even more hype you know and raise dem sales, what Hayter and Solid Snake are in??? will buy NOW!

There are quite a few people who say fuck this if Hayter is not in i'm not buying this shit. MGS was always with David Hayter bla bla...

Sn4ke_911

Countdown to make the wait even more painful. Why are we still here? just to suffer?

t1407952800z0.png

Is the time right or did i fucked it up?

Frolow

Banned
I don't think they'll announce Hayter being in before launch. It'll be either a surprise mid-game switch up, or a last second reveal at the end of the game.

Chinner

Banned
What happened to the cqc move where you can snatch it from the enemy? It's featured in the 2013 trailer but does not appear in GZ.

What happened to the cqc move where you can snatch it from the enemy? It's featured in the 2013 trailer but does not appear in GZ.

Check the digital manual in Ground Zeroes, there's a convenient image for all CQC moves including the one you describe.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't want to self promote, but I posted this as the very last comment on the last page and I feel GAF will ignore this:
Metal Gear GAF 4

Hey, I'm there! Thanks! People finally recognize my posting skills. Although I was killed by EatChildren.

Anyway, you guys, #TeamA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom