• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Velcro Fly

Apparently Majora's Mask is also broken now?

Also going to have to watch Caleb's run. I was in his stream for a while but had to leave to get some sleep.

SamuraiX-

Apparently Majora's Mask is also broken now?

They're still figuring out the trick now on Indextic's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/indextic

sm3WFJr.png

UMDqXZR.png

Revolutionizing Majora's Mask Any% runs overnight. lawd

It's pretty fucking insane watching them figure this shit out live.

Here's an updating Pastebin of the work in progress: New Majora's Mask Glitch - Warp To Any Owl

DaBoss

What the hell even happened at the "?" that made him make up so much time so fast if it's not a new route? Who's run is it anyway?
I don't even know. I never really watched a 100% ALBW speedrun. I assume he used some new strats?

Anyways, here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv/zandergothsrl/c/3562370

I forgot to post it before lol.

Maybe he forgot to do a split?

Yea, he forgot to do a split, I think at Octoball?

Nevermind, he did use a new route. Turtle Rock is now done where Octoball is done. I should have checked instead of rushing to post it. It shocked me so much lol.

Velcro Fly

You know you are a speedrunner when you PB or even improve your WR and all you can think about are the seconds you still have to save.

Recall

Symphony of the Night being broken beyond belief makes its future quite interesting. Save corruption, over writing memory and wrong warps are now a thing.

Jokab

So Adam_AK entered a Warcraft 3 + expansion blind race yesterday. 33 hours later, he's still going. I'm convinced he's a madman.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dram is playing Kaizo Mario (i.e. the mod on Super Mario World to make custom and super hard levels) at the moment. He's doing a decent job of it too.

http://www.twitch.tv/dram55

He said it might be his next speedrun escapade. I think if he muscle memory'd everything it would be fucking amazing to watch during a GDQ.

So Adam_AK entered a Warcraft 3 + expansion blind race yesterday. 33 hours later, he's still going. I'm convinced he's a madman.

I was watching it yesterday and he was losing it hahaha

Can anyone tell me which games got a new world record at this years AGDQ? I thought the world record ones would be highlighted in the archive list, but that doesn't seem to be the case? Thanks.

Cranzor

Anybody here have experience with capture cards for streaming? The Dazzle DVC 100 seems really popular among speedrunners and I was checking them out but I am super confused about how they work and there doesn't seem to be much information about them.

Edit: Oh gosh, Werster doesn't know his stream is still up and his mother is complaining and yelling about something with him. They're just having a conversation on stream and it's the strangest thing.

Jokab

Anybody here have experience with capture cards for streaming? The Dazzle DVC 100 seems really popular among speedrunners and I was checking them out but I am super confused about how they work and there doesn't seem to be much information about them.

Edit: Oh gosh, Werster doesn't know his stream is still up and his mother is complaining and yelling about something with him. They're just having a conversation on stream and it's the strangest thing.
That has happened multiple times in the past, I'm pretty sure he knows stream can hear it. There is a youtube video called Werster vs mom or something. From what Ive heard, his brother slept with Wersters gf, they used to be really tight but not anymore. Maybe thats bullshit though.

Holden

i got a dazzle dvc 100, works fine for my Gamecube, haven't had anyproblems with it, the only problem is how fucking shitty amarecTV is ( video capture on your PC ), program just crashes for no goddamn reason lol;

dazzle dvc 100 only SD though, has s-video & composite only i think ( i don't have it with atm )

Cranzor

i got a dazzle dvc 100, works fine for my Gamecube, haven't had anyproblems with it, the only problem is how fucking shitty amarecTV is ( video capture on your PC ), program just crashes for no goddamn reason lol;

dazzle dvc 100 only SD though, has s-video & composite only i think ( i don't have it with atm )

Maybe you can help me out then as I'm a little confused. If I wanted to capture my Wii U with it (SD capturing is fine as I would mostly be streaming Super Metroid), could I still be outputting via HDMI to my display? Or does the capture card record from the display rather than taking information from the console, requiring me to actually be playing the game via composite?

Hopefully that question isn't too confusing!

Holden

Maybe you can help me out then as I'm a little confused. If I wanted to capture my Wii U with it (SD capturing is fine as I would mostly be streaming Super Metroid), could I still be outputting via HDMI to my display? Or does the capture card record from the display rather than taking information from the console, requiring me to actually be playing the game via composite?

i think....

you would need a splitter in order to have two seperate display (one on your pc and one your hdmi display )

i always play directly what is displayed on my pc.

And i don't know anything about splitters sorry ;(

i think i answered your question...?

TUSR

Banned

If you're running SM as a speed game just sell your WiiU and get a SNES with S video and a CRT.

There are different types of capture cards. Usually you just record the video output on your monitor. On my black magic intensity extreme one I put the output of the console through it and back to the TV.

Cranzor

i think....

you would need a splitter in order to have two seperate display (one on your pc and one your hdmi display )

i always play directly what is displayed on my pc.

And i don't know anything about splitters sorry ;(

i think i answered your question...?

Oh, I think I get it! If I were to do that, I don't think I could run through HDMI though. I would have to set up my Wii U with composite cables for that. I could buy something like an Elgato if I want to just keep it HDMI but those are expensive.

If you're running SM as a speed game just sell your WiiU and get a SNES with S video and a CRT.

There are different types of capture cards. Usually you just record the video output on your monitor. On my black magic intensity extreme one I put the output of the console through it and back to the TV.

Not really looking to do that. Plus I like using save states for practice and don't really see what's wrong with playing on VC.

And yeah, ideally that's what I'd like to do. Just seems kind of hard with my setup.

pretty sure emulator is allowed for any snes game aswell.

has to be on bsnes/higan though.

Not really interested in playing on an emulator, but I'll keep it in mind!

Thanks for the help, both of you!

Velcro Fly

Weather is cold and shitty.

Then I check twitter and one of my favorite streamers (twitch.tv/checkers) is doing Mega Man 1-6 any%.

Happy times for me!

edit: apparently it's a race!

DaBoss

That Mewtwo tho. :(

EDIT: First Lance, and now Red. Twitch doesn't seem to like to stream champions. :/

EDIT: WR Hype! 2:25:25

Top Bottom