• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

FYC

Banned
Are sourceports okay for speedrunning as long as they don't change the gameplay? In my case, the original Rise of the Triad doesn't have proper mouselook, but WinRottGl allows mouselook, higher resolutions and and improves the audio quality. I don't think it changes much else.

E: Seems like Chocolate Doom is allowed. *Shrug*

TUSR

Banned
Are sourceports okay for speedrunning as long as they don't change the gameplay? In my case, the original Rise of the Triad doesn't have proper mouselook, but WinRottGl allows mouselook, higher resolutions and and improves the audio quality. I don't think it changes much else.

not really no

bgbball31

Cara just got a new WR on Final Fantasy VIII. Beat Crocogoat's record by 28 seconds. I woke up just in time for the end of the run, but he seemed pretty happy about it save for a few spots he mentioned (White Seed Ship, being one of them specifically.)

4th try fish fins, 1st try Quistis, 2nd try Zell I think is what he mentioned.

SamuraiX-

Goose just got 1:12 on Streets Agent! Damn that was a rush watching

The Goose is Loose!

Just watched his highlight vids! Can't believe he finally got it! :D

I'm a little disappointed because I think I went to bed somewhere between the 1:30-2:00 mark on his stream session and he got it just after 2 hours. haha

Hopefully he can get that Bunker Agent 1:02 next. +150 hours on that damn mission. He deserves it.

Velcro Fly

Cosmo is drunk on stream and just said he was going to kill all categories of OoT this year. I know he's drunk but the any% stuff sounded legit.

LeleSocho

Banned
Cosmo is drunk on stream and just said he was going to kill all categories of OoT this year. I know he's drunk but the any% stuff sounded legit.

He should stop being drunk on stream... he's seriously ridiculous, had to stop watching him.
Thank god Siglemic's on right now.

Velcro Fly

Can you elaborate on this? What did he say exactly?

Just talking about running OoT any% with all kinds of technical stuff about warping and how with his Japanese cart and his iQue he was going to basically kill the category or something. Then talking about running a bunch of different categories and stuff. I think the any% stuff is legit but running other categories was straight up drunk BS. I mean it was an epic speech and tons of people actually subbed to him while it was going on. I wonder if he'll make a highlight of it or something because despite being drunk he did sound a little arrogant =/

TUSR

Banned
Just talking about running OoT any% with all kinds of technical stuff about warping and how with his Japanese cart and his iQue he was going to basically kill the category or something. Then talking about running a bunch of different categories and stuff. I think the any% stuff is legit but running other categories was straight up drunk BS. I mean it was an epic speech and tons of people actually subbed to him while it was going on. I wonder if he'll make a highlight of it or something because despite being drunk he did sound a little arrogant =/

everyone knows shaeden is the better player

Chris R

How new is Cosmo's site? Just saw him pop up as one of the "premier" twitch streamers and saw info about the site.

Holden

you know, how come NG+ is the standard for Okami runs
I wanna see a regular NG run for once

you wanna watch cutscenes? :p

i think its ng+ only mostly cause no cutscenes + extra cool glitches

same for metroid prime, but ng+ has no diffrences other then cutscene skip i think.

why can't wind waker ng+ skip cutscenes =(

same for metroid prime, but ng+ has no diffrences other then cutscene skip i think.

oh damn, cutscenes :(
but it's because NG+ skips so much stuff, would be interesting to see a more normal playthrough without Exorcism Slip spam+jumping over everything

speaking of cutscenes, what's the longest game to speedrun that does have skippable cutscenes?
looking at SDA's list, I know FFX has unskippable cutscenes, as does Skies of Arcadia, and I'm assuming Grandia and Baten Kaitos does too?

Holden

oh damn, cutscenes :(
but it's because NG+ skips so much stuff, would be interesting to see a more normal playthrough without Exorcism Slip spam+jumping over everything

speaking of cutscenes, what's the longest game to speedrun that does have skippable cutscenes?

looking at SDA's list, I know FFX has unskippable cutscenes, as does Skies of Arcadia, and I'm assuming Grandia and Baten Kaitos does too?

WINDWAKER

windwaker speedrun is ruined by the constant text mashing you got to do, the game only starts being good near 40min but still has a painfull amount of text later in the game.

naw but honestly it's probably some jrpg lol

TUSR

Banned

Metroid Prime NG+?

Top Bottom