• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

DaBoss

New WR!!!

43:03 is the time. His previous PB was 43:27.
And he got it!

How many games does this dude run, anyway?
It should say below the stream what games he has run before and the times he had.

I think his current rotation consists of Commander Keen 4, Castlevania 64, and Wind Waker HD (though I haven't seen him do WWHD since AGDQ).

DaBoss

New skip for Super Mario Sunshine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEYSF_xaT94

Allows them to skip pretty much all of Gelato Beach (AKA worst level) entirely just by doing the last shine from the start.

Saves a lot of time. Samura1man used it and got a 1:24:24.34 run which is now the WR.

I have no idea as to what is happening in the skip lol. It seems Mario puts the coconut down and then runs toward it while it is trying to roll off the roof which causes Mario to clip through.

Son Of D

New skip for Super Mario Sunshine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEYSF_xaT94

Allows them to skip pretty much all of Gelato Beach (AKA worst level) entirely just by doing the last shine from the start.

Saves a lot of time. Samura1man used it and got a 1:24:24.34 run which is now the WR.

I have no idea as to what is happening in the skip lol. It seems Mario puts the coconut down and then runs toward it while it is trying to roll off the roof which causes Mario to clip through.

That's really odd. What was the previous WR?

SamuraiX-

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (1:25:00) said:
Have you ever been so mad at a box that you threw it against yourself? Me too! In DE:HR, we become one with the box in order to break the game. A lot. With box glitches + friends, we bring a 20hr game to 1 hour. (Donat: saving Malik/hostages)
Gunpoint (0:15:00) said:
The game is short, a bit crazy to watch, but really fun. My PB/WR is 7:26, and average no-reset run is sub 8 minutes. One or two donation incentives are possible, but generally its just a straight run.
Halo: Combat Evolved (Legendary) (2:10:00) said:
Hi! I run the first Halo game on Legendary difficulty. I play on PC as it is the fastest version. It is a cool run with neat tricks and sequence breaks. There is a lot of tense fighting as well! I am the current WR holder for Halo 1 Legendary.

Definitely looking forward to these ones.

kick51

Banned
Noitu Love 2 and El Viento! sweet!

anyone know spineshark's twitch? whatever page that name links to doesn't seem active

I'm going to really buckle down and practice these next few months for SGDQ. Hopefully we'll actually get some decent commentary going for the Tony Hawk games this marathon.

Revven

I'm excited for the Mega Man block, ALBW, SM3DW, SS, and a few other games. I typically watch the whole marathon, though (at least during times I'm awake).

Can't wait for SGDQ! Why does it have to be so far awayyyyyyy?

TUSR

Banned
Not really excited for SGDQ, Revven do you want to do the honors and make the |OT|? If not ill do it again.

Not a bad list for SGDQ, a few new games which is good.

If I remember right, armored core speed running is all about going ham.

I'm excited for the Mega Man block, ALBW, SM3DW, SS, and a few other games. I typically watch the whole marathon, though (at least during times I'm awake).

Can't wait for SGDQ! Why does it have to be so far awayyyyyyy?

it's ok, you get to juggle the last two days of SGDQ with CEO :p

MrDaravon

I'm fairly happy with the list; AGDQ a few months ago was the first one of these I had ever watched, so not being familiar with a lot of these games is a good thing for me. Also interested to see the FF6 run, it's my favorite game but I've never looked into speedruns on it or anything.

kick51

Banned
it's in Denver too!

I think I'm going.

I have....business....to attend to in Denver.

I just hope it isn't too obvious on stream that everybody is in Denver.

FYC

Banned
FierceKyo is doing a Resident Evil 1-6 marathon to raise money for his trip to SGDQ14!

He'll either be running Resident Evil 2 there or be on the couch during the run. He'd definitely be a fun personality to have. Share and support! :)

I RT'd him yesterday. Hopefully he uploads it to his YT channel.

Oh, and there's gonna be a little online marathon tomorrow, "Scrubathon". Seems like it's to raise funds for the Crystals for Life RPG Marathon. Games being run:

Bibi und Tina - any% Race
Chrono Trigger - any%
Dino Crisis 2 - any%
Dragonball Advance Adventure - any%
Final Fantasy IV - any%
Final Fantasy V - any%
Final Fantasy VI - any% glitchless
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - any% Race
Illusion of Gaia - 100%
Ittle Dew - any%
I Wanna be the Boshy - any%
Kirby's Dream Land 1 - any%
Knights of the Round - any% Percival
Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals - any%
Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals - Ancient Cave any%
Maui Mallard - any%
Muri - any%
Secret of Evermore - any%
Soul Blazer - any% Race
Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island - any%
Teleportower - any%
Terranigma - any% Race
Tetris Attack - any% Stage Clear
Valdis Story - any% Wyatt

I RT'd him yesterday. Hopefully he uploads it to his YT channel.

Oh, and there's gonna be a little online marathon tomorrow, "Scrubathon". Seems like it's to raise funds for the Crystals for Life RPG Marathon. Games being run:

Bibi und Tina - any% Race
Chrono Trigger - any%
Dino Crisis 2 - any%
Dragonball Advance Adventure - any%
Final Fantasy IV - any%
Final Fantasy V - any%
Final Fantasy VI - any% glitchless
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - any% Race
Illusion of Gaia - 100%

Ittle Dew - any%
I Wanna be the Boshy - any%
Kirby's Dream Land 1 - any%
Knights of the Round - any% Percival
Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals - any%
Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals - Ancient Cave any%

Maui Mallard - any%
Muri - any%
Secret of Evermore - any%
Soul Blazer - any% Race

Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island - any%
Teleportower - any%
Terranigma - any% Race
Tetris Attack - any% Stage Clear
Valdis Story - any% Wyatt
I don't know if these make for entertaining runs, but I need to see them
Can't even imagine even know how a Ancient Cave Lufia II run is supposed to work

ec0ec0

so... what happened to zeldaspeedruns.com!? and thanks.

EDIT: (some days later...) hello!? gaf??

EDIT2: oh!! now, instead of giving an error (the "i am error" mesage :p ), it says that they are "undergoing a major upgrade"
Mystery solved.

Top Bottom