• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Recall

unbelievable WW run by demon just now.

lRJPywk.png

Can you provide the link to this demon's twitch page? Thanks

Never mind Cosmo's twitter has linked to it. twitch.tv/demoon9/videos

Velcro Fly

his chat is sub only, so it's kinda boring. at least with being able to spam faces in chat my short attention span has something to do other than leave the stream :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Has it been known that SDA have announced the dates for July's AGDQ?

SDA said:
A new summer comes a new marathon! Coming in July, Speed Demos Archive presents Summer Games Done Quick 2013! This year, the marathon will be benefitting Doctors Without Borders.

This will be the longest and most action-packed SGDQ yet, featuring several big hits that have never been in an SDA marathon before. These include, but are not limited to: Okami, Quest 64, TMNT3, Mega Man 8, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania 64, Paper Mario, Pilotwings 64, Final Fantasy V, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, GTA: Vice City, and the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Several old favorites will be showcased as well, making this the most unique game lineup yet!

As always, there will be prizes that can be won by donating, challenges for games that can be donated for (such as Watch Me Die difficulty in Doom 64), and bid wars where donors have a voice in the schedule (such as category choice for Super Metroid or which DS Castlevania game is played). Get hype for 4+ days of speedrunning craziness!

I'm too lazy to look through the past pages, but adding FF5 is going to be amazing.

Thank god they scheduled Siglemic during prime time this time around. Whoever scheduled him for 8am ET/5am PT on a Saturday morning during AGDQ should be ashamed.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

LordAlu

Pretty sure hes around 700, mostly from Sam and that other lump donation.

(Been watching Cosmo all night)
He's nearer $2000 at the moment, just the ones on the ticker across the top are up to $1600! He's also 56 seconds ahead of Demon9's WR at the moment too!

TUSR

Banned
He's nearer $2000 at the moment, just the ones on the ticker across the top are up to $1600! He's also 56 seconds ahead of Demon9's WR at the moment too!

Yeah I edited my post hah, Cosmo is such a nice guy.

My god, 7763 viewers.

Holden

if anybody is interested, they somehow managed to make OOT any% even faster lol.

im pretty sure it consist glitching through the gohma's door instead of dieing.

Speedrunning... still blowing my mind...

TUSR

Banned
if anybody is interested, they somehow managed to make OOT any% even faster lol.

im pretty sure it consist glitching through the gohma's door instead of dieing.

Speedrunning... still blowing my mind...

yeah thats pretty much exactly what they did, gohma's door glitching

DaBoss

Wow I'm missing out in all of this due to me nearly hitting my bandwidth usage. If someone can post any descriptions of what is going on, that would be greatly appreciated.

iavi

Didn't realize there was a speedrunning thread. I've recently become a big fan of Trihex's Yoshi Island runs, and Mike's Sonic runs. Both are damn good commentators.

TUSR

Banned
New route = new record? :eek:

He was almost exactly a minute behind with the new route with a lot of fuck ups. The new route will produce a new WR, its just a matter of time.

Didn't realize there was a speedrunning thread. I've recently become a big fan of Trihex's Yoshi Island runs, and Mike's Sonic runs. Both are damn good commentators.

Trihex is a good guy, hes pretty charismatic and cares about his viewers which is nice.

The OoT improvements just don't stop, it's amazing. Sockfolder worked this one out today: http://youtu.be/SLm0mCEpzng

Wow, that looks easier than the one from last week.

Top Bottom