• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Velcro Fly

Hahaha damn he got it. I was watching but then I had to get some sleep to wake up for the Blackhawks parade. Sad times that I missed it but glad he got it back. He's been working so hard for it lately!

profit

Hahaha damn he got it. I was watching but then I had to get some sleep to wake up for the Blackhawks parade. Sad times that I missed it but glad he got it back. He's been working so hard for it lately!

I've been able to catch the entire run. I was feeling really sick at work, but putting the urn on my second screen really go me through the day ^^.

TUSR

Banned
Its was only a matter of time until Cosmo took the WR back. The routing and practice he puts into those runs is immense

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Awesome to see him get the WR. I was watching about 2 hours or so into the run and went to bed since I was feeling sick.

Wish I had stayed up and watched the entire thing.

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. I'm so sorry guys! :(

So, next week (not the one starting today, but the one after) I believe ESA is gonna happen, and the week after SGDQ. Y'all hype?

Velcro Fly

SGDQ is sub only chat apparently.

I guess that takes care of the problem they had at AGDQ when chat was an unmitigated disaster and their only response was to shut it down and let their mods troll constantly.

werster and bertin are hosting a poverty chat though so I'm sure that will be fun. sure more details on that will come as we get closer.

Still get hyped for SGDQ. Doctor's without borders is a good cause!

oatmeal

Banned
I currently hold the THPS3 3 Medals World Record. There are technically a couple more categories (All Goals/All Golds, 100%), but neither have had much if any planning go into them at all. To add to that, I believe there are 6 different routes depending on the skater you choose. THPS3 is a difficult, category-heavy game to speedrun that has very few people interested in it.

I also probably hold the THPS4 world record for completing 1 Pro Challenge (90 Goals/1 Pro Challenge), but it's hardly polished and easily improvable. I intended to run the game at AGDQ this year, but I just couldn't make it to the marathon and never put in the work to improve.

For the OT, DEFINITELY link to The Sunday Sequence Break. It's a weekly stream/podcast that goes over speedrun news (WRs and that sort of thing), general speedrun discussion, and a different game every Sunday at 7PM EST. They also have a handy archive full of games covered in the past in the stream info section. If you're interested in getting into or learning about a specific game that's already had a show done on it, this could be a great starting point.
Fuck that was rad.

Velcro Fly

You ARE aware that AGDQ's twitch chat was shut down by TWITCH, right?

Yes. But the channel mods trolled the entire time it was shut down when they knew a ton of people were there and wanted to chat. Just really uncalled for. I don't blame them but pissing people off even more is really dumb.

Also SGDQ won't start out as sub only but will get there eventually, according to Romscout this morning on his stream.

Speaking of Romscout, you owe it to yourselves to watch his SotN any% run from a couple weeks ago. It was him, dacidbro, and someone else on stream and they were all drinking/drunk. Just amazing to set a record.

Velcro Fly

Watching someone choke away a WR on Mario Sunshine 100% right now. Died twice on Bowser and several times missed the mark on where to ground pound during the fight. Missed the WR about 12 seconds or so. Just brutal to choke with so many people watching.

JoeFu

Banned
Cosmo stream is pretty weird tonight. Got a 5k donation and now it's really weird haha. Skype called with people who started a donation war and now he's on the phone with his gf for some reason

TUSR

Banned
Cosmo stream is pretty weird tonight. Got a 5k donation and now it's really weird haha. Skype called with people who started a donation war and now he's on the phone with his gf for some reason

yeah she was having like an emotional break down from all the donations

Top Bottom