• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spend $100 on US PSN and get $15 back from June 9th to June 20th

But Tekken 7 comes out on the 2nd...

Sucks I can't get Tekken 7 in this.. ugh.

Not waiting an extra week, or missing out on the pre-order character. Anything notable launching in June otherwise?

Dang Tekken 7 coming the week before.

If only this started before Tekken 7...

Where were you guys when this same deal was up in February? Tekken 7 was up for preorder then!

It worked on pre orders last year, hope it does again this year. Gonna pre order Destiny 2 gold, going digital is a must for that game since I'd play daily and dont wanna swap discs and stuff.

DeaDPo0L84

So the $99.99 destiny 2 edition alone will work with this? not sure if it counts the required amount before or after tax.

So the $99.99 destiny 2 edition alone will work with this? not sure if it counts the required amount before or after tax.

It doesn't have to be in one purchase so you can pre order destiny 2 (WAIT UNTIL JUNE 9TH!!) and then buy a cheap game or a avatar or theme or something. I think in the past people who spent $99.99 got the $15 back but I always go over $100 just to make sure, no problems getting the promo offer 4-5 times now over the past few years.

takes usually 3-6 weeks for you to get an email and a message on your ps4 with the $15 code.

If you buy the deluxe version of Tekken 7 after launch is Eliza included in the season pass? If not that sucks and I'll just pre order.

Zasa

Hopefully there's a god-tier E3 sale during that time. That'll more than likely get me to spend $100 if it's as good as last year's.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hopefully there's a god-tier E3 sale during that time. That'll more than likely get me to spend $100 if it's as good as last year's.

So many Q1 releases alone still have me waiting for drops. No doubt there will be an E3 or Flash sale in that period, but still blows T7 pre-orders are ineligible due to timing(and missing out on a free character).

Looks like FF12, Uncharted Lost Legacy, and hopefully Yakuza Kiwami is up for preorder by then. If not then hopefully Far Cry 5 is up by then.

Hexer06

That's nice that it's during E3 as well. I'll wait til after that and make sure nothing crazy pops up for pre-order that I want. Always love these deals though. :D

labaronx

Sony usually does 1 final promo like this in mid sept to oct for those thinking about call of duty or battlefront 2

Einhandr

There's an eBay deal going on right now where you can get a $100 GameStop gift card (emailed) for $85. Use that to buy $100 of psn credit and double your value

ebay link

NHale

Does not apply for preorders. No discount on Crash.

What a terrible first post.

Sony usually does 1 final promo like this in mid sept to oct for those thinking about call of duty or battlefront 2

This, this and this. People by now should be aware that Sony always does this promotion 3 times per year (sometimes they add another promotion like top up wallet with Pay Pal and get 10 dollars extra).

But in the recent years the "Spend $100 Get $15" always happen around February/March; during/a little after E3 and in September/October.

Plan accordingly. Don't preorder games until you really need to, because you can take advantage of this kind of promotions to get them cheaper.

I never understand the hype around these small promotions, but if you like it, good for you.

I guess most people like free money. But I give you an example, I've already decided that I want the digital Destiny 2 Complete Edition and I want to play it day 1. So that costs $99.99. If I buy it during the promotion I get $15 back, so it costs me $84.99, if I get it outside the promotion it will cost me $99.99.

If you don't buy digital games then this isn't a promotion for you, of course. But if you do, it's a win-win situation for the consumer, you get the same exact goods, play it day 1 but cheaper. Ironically this promotions are actually aimed to those people that don't see the incentive the buy digital games. Sony doesn't like to give free money to anyone but they believe that they can get more people spending money on their store if they do this kinds of deals 3x a year.

Depending on what's available, I'll likely just use that on my Destiny 2 preorder. The few games out now that I want, I want a physical copy of (Nier Automata is the big one).

Einhandr

Does that really work? So $100 for $70?

I bought a gift card and had the code delivered in about 15 mins. Took the gift card and bought a $100 psn code from GameStops website and had the psn funds in my account shortly after. Now to wait for the psn deal to start in 2 weeks. Then get the $15 psn credit after the promo ends on the 20th I assume.

Deku Tree

They are two completely different promotions, and yes I have done it before . Just have to be patient cause you wont see the credit from sony for a few weeks.

I bought a gift card and had the code delivered in about 15 mins. Took the gift card and bought a $100 psn code from GameStops website and had the psn funds in my account shortly after. Now to wait for the psn deal to start in 2 weeks. Then get the $15 psn credit after the promo ends on the 20th I assume.

Thanks! I'm gonna try it. Destiny 2 Digital deluxe for $70 sounds too good to be true.

Top Bottom