• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man wins IGN People's Choice Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
Well-deserved. I still feel Super Mario Odysey looks better, but I'm still incredibly excited for Spider-Man.

Also, best Spider-Man suit? I think so, at least in my personal opinion.

I do love the suit but there are a few that are better

f438a821c65226bc27d5788bd5b5909e.jpg

ANAT3SB.jpg

tumblr_m68hyuhlpq1qe8ahe.png

and the OG is still tops

Uh.

IGN picked Mario Oddysey as their game of the show. The readers picked Spider-Man.

'So typical'.

Yes, I know. Spidey works more for IGN readers, that's what doesn't surprise me. I should have said "IGN audience" instead of the outlet. I don't have anything against the Spidey game. It's the only PS exclusive from the conference I even plan on getting. As long as the webslinging feels like it should, there's no reason for a Spidey game not to be the most fun, least overly grimdark and self serious superhero game out there.
unless Mario becomes a superhero

jayu26

I am thoroughly convinced that quarter of the gaf don't know what "on rails" video game is and another quarter use this term incorrectly despite knowing the correct meaning, which is even worse than former.

Dynomutt

It's really super that this game won! The way Spidey swings arounds you can controll him like a marionette! Zipping through the city is certainly going to be an odyssey! Can't wait to hear what anthem they use for the game. If Sony plays it right this game has the potential to be huge and move units.

Cwarrior

Lol me too uninspired game wins again.

It's another game that's trying to hard to ape popular gaming trends without adding anything.

Sorry but the game looks like trash next to those batman Arkham games.

I it doesn't look that different to all those mediocre Spider-Man games.

Visually it looks fantastic.

However, the gameplay looked really meh. I mean its good that they went with Arkham combat but man does it look simplistic as fuck. It also doesn't help the entire demo was QTE. The mainstream audience will eat it up unless it ends up being bad. I guess that's what matters.

Dragon Ball Z Fighter looked more impressive tbh.

You know, some people just don't want that the best experience gaming can offer is always a Mario game. Even if Spider-Man is not a sure quality thing, at least is a promise of a great Spider-Man game after decades, Mario has been around for about 30 years... I wonder if people's intentions is that Mario should be the most interesting game to exist in all eternity, like gaming can't do better than a Mario game.

chrono01

SMO does not look better, but it will be more fun.
I've always been more of a Mario guy, which is why SMO looks better to me personally. That being said, this isn't to take away from SM which, as I previously mentioned, also looks amazing. Whoever loses in this battle...we still win, since both will be incredible games I'm sure.

I do love the suit but there are a few that are better

and the OG is still tops
Yeah, it's difficult to beat the OG, but man I love the white spider/mix of white in this new suit. I know it might be a controversial opinion to some, but I really like how it looks.

Goddamn, this console warrior bickering is growing really tiresome. Childish shit around here lately.

Really looking forward to Spider-Man. Looks like it'll be a fun game.

Alex

Insomniac is really talented but I've never quite had one of their games line up with my tastes. Hope I enjoy this, as it looks really nice although I do have the same handful of worries that have been expressed plenty enough already.

phanphare

Banned
You know, some people just don't want that the best experience gaming can offer is always a Mario game. Even if Spider-Man is not a sure quality thing, at least is a promise of a great Spider-Man game after decades, Mario has been around for about 30 years... I wonder if people's intentions is that Mario should be the most interesting game to exist in all eternity, like gaming can't do better than a Mario game.

spider man is a character from the 60's lol

Yeah, it's difficult to beat the OG, but man I love the white spider/mix of white in this new suit. I know it might be a controversial opinion to some, but I really like how it looks.

yeah I really like it as well. I like how it sort of alludes to the ben reilley suit except the spider is white.

Harmen

Lol at the salt in this thread, what gives? My favourite games of the show didn't even win anything anywhere I think. That said, Insomniac is one of my favourite developers and they deserve a big new success.

Styles

Mario won their Game of the Show so why are Nintendo fans fuming?

Anyway, hope this gives a boon to the team at Insomniac. Looking forward to playing another Spidey game.

inky

Good for them, now they just have to deliver.

Gone are the days of Fuse and Outernauts, thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom