• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis announced for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at SDCC

jett

D-Member
It's not that some assets are reused, but how much of it feels stale and not refreshed at all.
It's about how few original touches actually are in there so far. How the overwhelming majority of it is a retread.

Throw in a mechanics system that changes the formula that the game has become known for, and then openly admit that the dlc will be the new content we aren't getting with the base... yeah this is why we are bitching. It's a sham, I hope its a failure

Ooooh look flashy new level 3's... Give me a break

giphy.gif

:p But I agree about the roster. It is what it is. People should make peace with the fact that this game is being developed on the cheap.

giphy.gif

:p But I agree about the roster. It is what it is. People should make peace with the fact that this game is being developed on the cheap.
I'm cool with that, but they should have just added 6 characters to UMvC3 if their budget was small. That would have been better than this.

It's not that some assets are reused, but how much of it feels stale and not refreshed at all.
It's about how few original touches actually are in there so far. How the overwhelming majority of it is a retread.

Control scheme is totally different.

Tagging system is totally different.

Movement is totally different.

I don't know how a Marvel game can 'feel the same' when the controls, tagging, and movement are totally different.
Controls, Tagging, and Movement ARE the game.

Dirtbag

Control scheme is totally different.

Tagging system is totally different.

Movement is totally different.

I don't know how a Marvel game can 'feel the same' when the controls, tagging, and movement are totally different.
Controls, Tagging, and Movement ARE the game.

Alright fine, just put me in the camp that feels like its all a step backwards.
I'm not happy with just 6 new characters given the precedent the franchise set with 3, a game that had its final release 6 damn years ago.

HardRojo

Looking good, but I'm still mad that Asura (he was a fucking obvious choice) isn't confirmed yet. I thought my boy would be a lock honestly.

BossRush

Does mind gem storm really just give you max meter? Is it infinite meter? Cause if not that sounds really underwhelming

Xiaoki

Are you kidding?

It boggles my mind how much of a pass Tekken gets in this regard.

The supposed best selling fighting game series of all time, yet 90% of the gaming population can't tell that LARGE QUANTITIES OF ANIMATIONS ARE OLD AS DIRT.

I'm talking DECADES here. From 1997 even.
It's because people like Tekken 7, so it gets a free pass on reusing very old animation or original version only having a handful of new characters.

People dislike MvCI so it gets bashed into the dirt for reusing animation from the previous game and only having a handful of new characters.

Yes, it's a double standard. And it's one that people have been bearing for many years.

Does mind gem storm really just give you max meter? Is it infinite meter? Cause if not that sounds really underwhelming

Not really. Meter gain in this game is really low. You don't statt with a bar like previous games & you gain no meter from attacks being blocked or doing specials.

batfax

Thank God they got original Frank and TJ Rotolo. I'm still skeptical about the game due to some of the things the devs have said but clearly at least one person on the team has a head on their shoulders. Fingers crossed for a proper release of the trailer tomorrow along with, say, Venom or something.

Weirdly one of the most exciting things for me is that there could be a Frank West/Spidey figure pack if Hasbro do more than the X+Iron Man pack they've already announced.

Jocund

Not to mention we're dealing with a fighting franchise with a hundred thousand properties from which to draw characters. By comparison, Tekken ain't that vast.

BossRush

Not really. Meter gain in this game is really low. You don't statt with a bar like previous games & you gain no meter from attacks being blocked or doing specials.

Huh. You don't start with a bar? I didn't know that. Weird. Well that makes it better.

Gonna definitely play Gamora Jedah as a team alongside X/Zero

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If only. We'd have a bigger roster and more women.

Would love to see She-Hulk coming back tho.

If you have three bars then just burn it like crazy then activate infinity storm to earn 4 bars plus free level 3 move so I think it seems to be nice deal but I need to try the game first to see how useful it is.

Playsage

so does the new Infinity Storm give you unlimited meter while active or it just gives you a full meter+possibility to use the stone meter on a level 3?

I'm cool with that, but they should have just added 6 characters to UMvC3 if their budget was small. That would have been better than this.

Yeah, I would have taken a handful of new characters and a rebalance to UMvC3, along with a vs cpu mode because I'm that guy, and I would have been so much happier than I am with this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't understand what the tripod does

It would take a picture for you to level up Frank West. You usually have to press QCF+S after your combo to take a picture to level up but not this time, since you could set a tripod and it would go off by itself during the combo Frank West made which made his leveling mechanism easier and better.

Its look like it's going off twice during the fight from what I see.

For real I was always in albeit a little less hype without seeing the kid but now that's he in and looks dope, I don't mind conducting the hype train, choo choo motherfucker. Mind stone with high hit stun and a command throw into ultimate Web throw resets could be fun. Swinging with the time some, not being able to escape the shame cube... The lab is needed.

Giga Man

Nice to see the Capcom side catch up (even though it's still boring), but it seems Jedah isn't ready to be demoed yet? He wasn't shown in the trailer.

JeTmAn81

For real I was always in albeit a little less hype without seeing the kid but now that's he in and looks dope, I don't mind conducting the hype train, choo choo motherfucker. Mind stone with high hit stun and a command throw into ultimate Web throw resets could be fun. Swinging with the time some, not being able to escape the shame cube... The lab is needed.

I hope poor Hulk can use his new wall jump to get out of UWT resets...two games in a row is too much.

I hope poor Hulk can use his new wall jump to get out of UWT resets...two games in a row is too much.

Even if Hulk starts out with less of the cheap stuff, I expect him to somehow climb. He turned into such an oppressor by the end of 3 and I hope H(P? )is still stupid despite eating it a lot. I used to get tight about it but then I remembered "well...it's the Hulk. Fair is fair."

Dahbomb

So who's left to be confirmed off of the leak?
Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Firebrand, Venom, Monster Hunter. Dorm and Firebrand leaked via comic book covers so they are for sure in the game.

Antman and Winter Soldier too sort of but they are all a bit more iffy.

Nice to see the Capcom side catch up (even though it's still boring), but it seems Jedah isn't ready to be demoed yet? He wasn't shown in the trailer.

I was waiting to see more of Jedah also. If anything, I'd like to see him in a trailer paired up with Dormammu.

Ryce

Considering the fact that every big roster drop so far has been accompanied by a story trailer and that the MvCI panel is confirmed to be story centric, we're probably getting a new story trailer tomorrow that focuses on Spider-Man and company. I'm hoping for a Venom tease.

Top Bottom