• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis announced for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at SDCC

Jawmuncher

It would take a picture for you to level up Frank West. You usually have to press QCF+S after your combo to take a picture to level up but not this time, since you could set a tripod and it would go off by itself during the combo Frank West made which made his leveling mechanism easier and better.

Its look like it's going off twice during the fight from what I see.
Ahh ok. Guess now the question is if the enemy can knock it over

I dunno.. but that trailer is off the hook! And makes Gamora(?) look amazing. Hell I just want her right now..

I think the demo at Evo was just a really bad showing all around especially after UMvC3 finals. She looks a ton more fun here than she did there and it showcased her moves way better.

Yeah Gamora looks great. Frank too. I never liked playing as spidey in ANY of the previous games so I'm not sure what to think. His lvl...3? Looks nice. Also what exactly did that gem gamora used do?

Giga Man

I think the demo at Evo was just a really bad showing all around especially after UMvC3 finals. She looks a ton more fun here than she did there and it showcased her moves way better.

A well-edited trailer showing off all the character's moves to make them look cool is infinitely better than a live demonstration simulating a match with the purpose of showcasing the new character. If they wanted to impress at EVO, they should have gone with a gameplay trailer.

Yeah Gamora looks great. Frank too. I never liked playing as spidey in ANY of the previous games so I'm not sure what to think. His lvl...3? Looks nice. Also what exactly did that gem gamora used do?

I'm assuming it grants some meter every time you use it since the charged version of it fills your entire gauge.

I'm not even upset about the art style anymore. That was the thing I was most turned off by initially. That feels like years ago now
I still need to get over that... the art style and overall presentation doesn't feel right for me at least.

Hopefully it does well though.

Giga Man

I still need to get over that... the art style and overall presentation doesn't feel right for me at least.

Hopefully it does well though.

Same. It feels bland. I'd feel better about it if it had more non-bland characters, specifically on the Capcom side.

Also, seeing MODOK in the background makes me wish he was playable. He sure is massive, though.

HardRojo

Can't wait to see the final roster with the DLC characters included! (Though I wish they were not DLC and part of the base roster, sucks to have to pay extra for Sigma).

Can't wait for Venom
giphy.gif

Kashiwaba

Capcom announces newcomers for SFV and everyone is like screw Capcom we want the old ones.

Capcom announces old characters for MvC:I screw capcom we want newcomers stop reusing assets

Are people really sure Ant-Man won't be in?

I was interested in comparing him gameplay wise to whichever size changing character might be added to Injustice 2 (far right).

It's a power that has interesting potential for moves.

Wow.

Nothing cheapens a fighting game experience like having a gray space for a character you don't own.

But it's even worse when every single DLC character is already there from almost the get-go. Really hammers in the "haha your game isn't the complete version" feeling.

At least these games don't do that for costumes. Digging through 50 slutty costumes in DoA when you only own like 5 is a massive chore.

Skilletor

Wow.

Nothing cheapens a fighting game experience like having a gray space for a character you don't own.

But it's even worse when every single DLC character is already there from almost the get-go. Really hammers in the "haha your game isn't the complete version" feeling.

At least these games don't do that for costumes. Digging through 50 slutty costumes in DoA when you only own like 5 is a massive chore.

I'm sure there's some psychological effect seeing the incomplete roster has on the consumer. Probably tons of research on it.

It also serves to let you know those characters exist, though, so I can't hate too much. Casual consumers might not be aware of who is available or even who the character is or what they look like.

Glad to have Haggar, Frank, and Nemesis back. Especially happy about Capcom using Frank's DR1 design and bringing back TJ to voice him. Excited to see what he does in the story mode.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Wow.

That's why I like how Smash handles it with the CSS modularly changing. Heck the CSS is so adaptable that you can have dozens more and it even changes how the names are displayed to fit everything.

vg260

Without the atrocious hud, it really makes the game look sharp, granted its off screen but still, that hud needs to go.

Actually, I'd say the opposite. In the images and videos with the HUD you can easily see how much more sharp and crisp the character heads on the lifebar are compared to the blurry in-game model ones due to the heavy post processing they're using.

You probably mean sharp in a different way though.

Can't wait for Venom
giphy.gif

You do know that if Venom does this in Infinite, we're all gonna bitch about how horrible his face will look.

On the reused assets, I don't mind it - but don't make the new assets all look worse than they did in the last game with an artstyle that does nothing to improve on the last game.

This just looks super bland and washed out compared to this

Dante you were so beautiful :(

Sayad

Still no direct feed?! It's almost like Capcom want to delay showing those faces in HD as long as possible!

Goddamn it...it's all recycled stuff from UMvC3, eh?

so far, except Jedah...almost all the characters are 'recycled'...even Captain Marvel seems to be re-using many of Phoenix's animation.

『Inaba Resident』;244035861 said:
Re-using assets in the sequel of a VS. game isn't anything new. Why the fuck would you be upset about it now?

Because MVC3 came out in 2011.

6 years have passed, and we have brand new consoles now. I think people expect much more from a sequel. Also, really, the models just look lame.

Look at the upgrade from Injustice 1 to Injustice 2. It's a night and day difference, even with the reused animations on older characters.

Flash Venom is great. Its a shame people can't get over Eddie Brock, just because he was the original. When we had Flash Venom and Brock as Anti-Venom is was a pretty good balance for things, but Anti-Venom didn't really last too long.

sinkfla87

Wow.

What? Lol. The character select screen wasn't like that at launch, when it updated with Red Hood they did that. The whole silhouette placeholders is a long running NRS thing, as people like to guess what characters they're getting eventually. None of the DLC characters are/were finished (exception of Darkseid) at the time of the first character pack trailer. SFV did the silhouette thing too before launch (but they didn't throw it up on the select screen, just as promotion.) You could argue that any fighting game you've purchased recently that has been out for awhile and has a ton of dlc characters would make the new buyer feel like they have an incomplete version as well.

Funny thing is some people were put off buying the ultimate edition as they didn't want to without knowing the future additions (or at least teases). I guess they could have left blank spots which would have been fine with me but you can't please everyone. :/

jett

D-Member
You do know that if Venom does this in Infinite, we're all gonna bitch about how horrible his face will look.

On the reused assets, I don't mind it - but don't make the new assets all look worse than they did in the last game with an artstyle that does nothing to improve on the last game.

This just looks super bland and washed out compared to this

Dante you were so beautiful :(

Dante looks fine to me.

mvcidante.png

Is it the real Frank West or that bullshit imposter?

Nemesis is boring. Jack Baker could have been a fun addition. Or hell do Birkin and have him play like Arakune or Shuma Gorath with his mutations. These are such boring RE picks.

For real there are sooo many good RE characters and yet they just keep putting the same ones in. Like wtf man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know(been searching for direct feed videos and that keeps showing up), but I'm talking about this trailer. :(
People are speculating that the trailer we saw yesterday is incomplete (e.g. doesn't feature Jedah), so there is going to be a complete trailer today with more reveals, that's why they're holding off.

vg260

Hard to tell on YouTube, but it looks like most of the post-processing/CA is gone. (fingers crossed).

The colors are so drab/de-saturated though. Wish they would tweak that so they pop more.

Top Bottom