• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpikeTV VGA 2012 nominations revealed

Mindlog

Where's X-Com?
A4sAO.jpg

Where's X-Com at?

GOTY : Walking Dead
No Journey No Dishonored no whatelse. It has to be Walking Dead. And best female performance : Clementine

I hope you guys vote for Walking Dead.

jett

D-Member
:lol After everything that went on they still nominated ME3? That aside that's a solid and surprising list of nominees coming from them.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What a shit list.

The Walking Dead's episode 5 is not even fully out yet.
AC3 was apparently shit.
ME3 is shit.

Huh. ME3 was fantastic despite some ending missteps. AC3 is great so far (a handful of hours in) and Walking Dead is the best surprise of the year for me, and would be in my 5 GOTY picks.

I'd add Halo 4 though.

Draconian

Yep. That GOTY nomination list is pretty indicative of what kind of year it's been. I like AC III but have to laugh at it being on there.

It really tells how weak this year was for gaming when Journey, Assassin's Creed 3 and God fucking dammit Mass Effect 3 are running for GOTY.

Go Walking Dead!

I voted for The Walking Dead whenever I could. I hope it wins something, it's a game I hold dear.

No Dragon's Dogma makes me sad anywhere, though.

Lingitiz

That's a bad list but I didn't expect The Walking Dead or Dishonored to make it on there. I'd love to have Sleeping Dogs or XCOM in favor of AC and ME but that's just the nature of these awards I guess. I thought Halo was a lock in these types of awards. Interesting.

MormaPope

Banned
What I like about this list:

Max Payne 3 in different categories
The Walking Dead as potential GOTY

What I didn't like about this list:

Halo 4 not a GOTY contender? What the fuck?

Anyways voted The Walking Dead as game of the year. Halo 4 for best shooter. The Walking Dead as GOTY and best downloadable game. Max Payne 3 for best soundtrack and use of a song.

Thoraxes

Also disappointed at the handheld choices. There were better games on both platforms than what they nominated this year.

What I like about this list:

Max Payne 3 in different categories
The Walking Dead as potential GOTY

What I didn't like about this list:

Halo 4 not a GOTY contender? What the fuck?

Anyways voted The Walking Dead as game of the year. Halo 4 for best shooter. The Walking Dead as GOTY and best downloadable game. Max Payne 3 for best soundtrack and use of a song.

Halo 4 in GOTY? All those XBOX Fanboys at Spike would vote it instantly without thinking. And then regret it because Walking Dead was a nominee too.

krae_man

I like how Walking Dead beat out Halo 4 for GOTY but not "Best 360 game". The mental Gymnastics the judges must play with their reasoning for these things must be crazy.

Edit: Same with Borderlands 2 making it in the Best PS3 game category over Mass Effect 3 beating it in the GOTY category.

Edit2: I also don't like how games that Haven't even been released yet(Like the WiiU games) are nominated.

Empty

i really like the games on their handheld/mobile list, but they could have nominated an ios game given how many good ones were released this year.

the goty choices are much better than in years gone by, there's actually a bit of diversity. mass effect 3's persistent appearance in goty lists in the next month will continue to baffle gaf though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Where is Kid Icarus:Uprising in the Handheld GOTY section?

And the big reveals?
No more teasers or announcements of announcements?

Not much hype for VGA 2012 so far...

I'm wondering if its not basically due to everything post E3 next year is nextgen stuff and all of that seems to be mostly on lockdown until the nextgen consoles are unveiled. Most of the big VGA announcements or teasers from years past have been for games that come out upwards of a year or so from the VGAs.

kiyomi

Walking Dead. Granted Ep. 5 isn't out yet but it's a brilliant videogame.

Journey was great - and absolutely unique - but it didn't approach the same level of emotional attachment that I have with TWD.

Top Bottom