• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpikeTV VGA 2012 nominations revealed

KalBalboa

Banned
What a PoS Nomination list.

While I wouldn't go as far as to say the nomination list is a PoS, I do agree that there should be only exclusives listed under specific platform titles. Starhawk got gypped too, but some of the other categories have some real competition.

KalBalboa

Banned
Seems Spike found the Vita games everyone else can't see.

And buried some for 3DS/DS.

obama-milkshake.jpg

rdrr gnr

ME3? Garbage.

I have Dishonored next to me. But I haven't played it. Man, I really need to play those Walking Dead games, too. My vote would be for Journey as it stands.

Mass Effect 3 is a GOTY contender, but not in the running for best 360 game. How does that make sense?

Regardless, I voted ME3 for GOTY. Come at me.

LiK

Vote for Jen Taylor (Cortana) or Melissa Hutchinson (Clementine). Fuck Emma Stone. She was bad in Sleeping Dogs.

Nope, Mass Effect 3 will win this

Now that I think about this, they didn't gave it to ME2. This could be their consolation prize for the saga. For shame, considering the will reward one of the best series of this current gen with the worst chapter of it. Whatever...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Journey considered a possible contender for GotY?! VGA's partially redeemed.

EDIT: how can they nominate ZombiU, when only reviewers have played it?

EDIT 2: Thank God Action/Adventure has great games!

I hope Tears wins best song in a game. It was fantastic.

Also, why the hell do they nominate the soundtracks without even naming the composers?

Dayum, where did they get that banner for The Last of Us in most anticipated game? Looks gorgeous.
GTAV will still win anyway.
All games are awesome anyway!

ArjanN

Funny how Walking Dead is in nearly every category, haha. It's going to win like half of these.

Oh you bastards with the best independent game.

Dust
Journey
Fez
Mark Of The Ninja

How to decide between them?

Mark Of The Ninja obviously.

Come on, let's be honest here. Nobody watches this for the awards.

This. The actual awards part is like 5 minutes of the show tops anyway.
It doesn't really matter if you hate the general tone of the VGAs (doritos etc) they always have 10 or so reveals/new trailers for big games which makes it worth watching.
Hell, even the cringeworthy non-trailer parts of the show are pretty fun to watch ironically together with GAF.

EDIT: how can they nominate ZombiU, when only reviewers have played it?

From what I understand the nominated games are voted on by various reviewers from different sites/magazines.

Nibel

Mass Effect 3 for GOTY? Did I miss something? ME3 was the worst game in the series and a bad game overall.

Mhm I agree with the first part, but I still think that it was a suprisingly good game until the last hours. I had plenty of fun with it

Oh you bastards with the best independent game.

Dust
Journey
Fez
Mark Of The Ninja

How to decide between them?

This should really probably be the GOTY category...but yeah, really tough choice. I probably had more fun playing Mark of the Ninja, Dust and Fez, but Journey definitely left an impact like no other.

AAK

Tekken had 4 stages, 6 characters (10 if you count the preorder ones), Paint customization mode, and customization outfits as DLC ALL FOR FREE. I know the VGA crew are ignorant, but just putting it out there. No other game aside from maybe Burnout Paradise and GT5 has ever had such customer-friendly DLC practices.

Top Bottom