• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpikeTV VGA 2012 nominations revealed

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
While I'm salty that my GotY (Borderlands 2) didn't make the nominations list I'm pretty impressed that Dishonored, Journey, and Walking Dead got nods. They all deserve it and are games that are usually overlooked by the VGA committee.

And now that the noms are out, Keighley can start teasing us with what we really want out of the VGAs, TRAILERS

pargonta

i really wish i could look forward to watching this show and hearing the winners.

geoff if you're here please just make a normal awards show. if they won't let you do a normal awards show cancel the whole thing.

journey and walking dead for everything.

Celegus

Don't know about "life-changing," but it most certainly has been the most memorable couple of hours of gaming I've had in a long, long time.

Didn't PSN do some kind of "Best of the Year" sale last year? Maybe they'll knock a few bucks off Journey finally and I'll check it out.

Ragus

Banned
Handheld nominations are beyond being fucking retarted.

Gravity Rush? NSMB2? Really? Why not Wipeout 2048 or Pokemon B/W2? And where is Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Appaling.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
While I'm salty that my GotY (Borderlands 2) didn't make the nominations list I'm pretty impressed that Dishonored, Journey, and Walking Dead got nods. They all deserve it and are games that are usually overlooked by the VGA committee.

And now that the noms are out, Keighley can start teasing us with what we really want out of the VGAs, TRAILERS

Can't wait to see how the Dorito Pope will tease us. ALL HAIL DORITO POPE.

Kabouter

I think I might have some catching up to do for a GOTY list on GAF at the end of the year if this is what was best this year. Only things nominated that I've finished are Mass Effect 3 and Spec Ops: The Line (if you count Nolan North's voice acting nomination as the game being nominated). List is pretty amazing though in that almost all titles, aside from those for certain genres obviously, nominated for anything are violent, what a wonderfully monotonous medium Spike believes gaming is.

My GOTY might well end up being one of them violent games though

KalBalboa

Banned
There's a lot of Max Payne 3, Journey, and Vita love. Walking Dead will sweep even though it's not finished yet, though.

A good selection, but this is the hardest one:

Best Song:

“CASTLE OF GLASS” BY LINKIN PARK
MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER

“CITIES” BY BECK
SOUND SHAPES

“I WAS BORN FOR THIS“ BY AUSTIN WINTORY
JOURNEY

“TEARS” BY HEALTH
MAX PAYNE 3

Stuart444

Ignoring what I think about the games in each category and who will most likely win...

That is a lot of categories that winners won't be announced at the show except in a quick montage of some sorts probably...

KalBalboa

Banned
Best Handheld, while it gives real props to some strong Vita games, basically guarantees a Nintendo victory in the category by virtue of having three Vita titles versus the solo Mario game which all Nintendo fans would vote for. I'd give it to LBP.

Best Handheld Game:

GRAVITY RUSH
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT / SCE STUDIOS JAPAN

LITTLEBIGPLANET PS VITA
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT / TARSIER STUDIOS / DOUBLE ELEVEN STUDIOS

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2
NINTENDO

SOUND SHAPES
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT / QUEASY GAMES

Seda

Stuart444 said:
Ignoring what I think about the games in each category and who will most likely win...

That is a lot of categories that winners won't be announced at the show except in a quick montage of some sorts probably...

Yup, after some trailers and stupid skits they'll just rattle off 3/4 the awards in a minute before the show credits.

Kyon

Banned
waiT

Best Handheld Game

Gravity Rush
Sound Shapes
LBPVita

Yasssss Spike you betta know the good ones!
Could your favorite handhelds?
Everyone else can seethe
lmao.gif

StuBurns

Banned
The hardest category is the most anticipated I think. GTA5, BioShock, and TLoU could all be game of the generation material.

To The Moon came out last year.

Gadirok

The PS3 and 360 GOTY lists should have been exclusive only games IMO. No offence to the multiplats but I really am ticked off.

Obviously because Black ops 2 recieved a nomination for GOTY MP but starhawk didn't. Nobody even knows starhawk, and its reviews were botched because of its terrible SP.

What a PoS Nomination list.

Also, In almost every category I see the same flipping games.

Journey was good and unique but I didn't get why its so hyped up. It was a good experience but in my opinion a bad game.

Walking Dead has the most amazing story, but it didn't really feel like a game either since the choices you make never really added up. Sure you get to keep a few characters at the end or not, but we aren't really sure. It was more of an interactive walkthrough/ movie (not that there is a problem with that).

That being said this year was week, but the two games above are certainly amazing and good, but I don't feel like they deserved the nominations for GOTY.

But after looking at the pathetic lineup of games, they probably couldn't have nominated anything else.

Ended up voting mostly for Journey while scattering my votes in the other categories.

Haven't really played TWD as I don't really have an emotional attachment to the source matter anyways, but I'm probably going to play it down the line.

And though I loved SoundShapes, sorry, had to go with I Was Born for This from Journey. Song actually made me tear up after I finished the game the first time.

Gadirok

waiT

Yasssss Spike you betta know the good ones!
Could your favorite handhelds?
Everyone else can seethe
lmao.gif

I thought their list was great. Did you even play GR, LBP vita, or Sound Shapes? Much better than anything else that came out this year. But they probably could have replaced NSMB2 with Kid icarus, but I wouldn't nominate that for GOTY anyways.

Dabanton

LOL at AC3 and ME3 being on any GOTY list. while not terrible games they are not up to the standards their predecessors set.

But hey Spike's gotta eat so their they are...

Top Bottom