• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Testfire Thread: This is a port...able game now

Sendou

I know, I never said it was. I'm just really curious to see how it adopts and adapts and flips upside down various FPS / shooter norms.

Quite a few concepts carry over but it's still unique in many ways. I definitely think having a background in shooters helps picking up the game but it's not everything.

totowhoa

Banned

JoeNut

Never played the original, looking forward to trying this out, but in my experience of trying open betas, the first day is always a shit show of disconnections

First testfire went pretty well.

I remember it going pretty smoothly as well overall. There was one time slot that I played in that was pretty much unplayable for the whole hour, but thankfully Nintendo just extended that Testfire for an hour. I'm sure they would do the same thing if that happens again.

I remember it going pretty smoothly as well overall. There was one time slot that I played in that was pretty much unplayable for the whole hour, but thankfully Nintendo just extended that Testfire for an hour. I'm sure they would do the same thing if that happens again.
Yeah I think that was the second one. Kudos to Nintendo for extending it.

-shadow-

Never played the original, looking forward to trying this out, but in my experience of trying open betas, the first day is always a shit show of disconnections
The original Splatoon testfire was great actually. It was the second day the servers were a dumpster fire. Though they had fixed that in the hour it was supposed to be online and extended the testfire with another hour.

I'm actually curious about how the JoyCon will be for this. The sticks on the JoyCon feel way more sensitive than any other analog sticks I've ever used.
I havent played any game in joycon only mode yet so im not used to it not even gonna try
I have a 1 hour lunch at work, using it for splatoon lol
Lucky
I mean the Pro Controller is like a xbox controller so it should be easier by that already.
Thats what im hoping for. It was times in splatoon where I felt I was slighted or didnt agree with the outcome because of my skill with the gamepad and where the analogs were.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, but I downloaded Splatoon 2 testfire beta last week. Upon checking it right now, I don't see it on my Home screen, neither can I download it again, and it is not in my downloaded software. I have restarted my Switch and nada.

Going to the Splatoon 2 eshop page shows the item as "Purchased".

AdanVC

I will not play this since I still don't have a Switch and it sucks :'( Please y'all enjoy it for me hah. I played the testfire on the original game with absolute indifference but as soon as I finished my first match I got instantly in love with the game and I've been hooked to it since then and it is now one of my fave Nintendo IPs.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, but I downloaded Splatoon 2 testfire beta last week. Upon checking it right now, I don't see it on my Home screen, neither can I download it again, and it is not in my downloaded software. I have restarted my Switch and nada.

...It was never there, or it was there and disappeared?

Kind of hoping my coworkers leave early so I can play in the 3PM EST session before leaving for the day. If not, I'll just have to do the 11PM one. Can't wait! I pushed myself to "beat" Zelda last week just so I could fully focus on this.

phanphare

Banned
me at 3pm

raining_david_tennant.gif

me at 11pm

giphy.gif

enjoy the first hour yall

Firebrand

So I'm guessing I'm gonna want to play this with the controllers detached from the screen, with gyro stuff? I'm playing Zelda in portable mode and for some gyro stuff I could barely see the screen, lol.

So I'm guessing I'm gonna want to play this with the controllers detached from the screen, with gyro stuff? I'm playing Zelda in portable mode and for some gyro stuff I could barely see the screen, lol.

lol the gyro shouldn't be that 'severe'. It's just small movements really.

random25

Motion is just slight tilt in any direction. Think BotW's arrow aiming.

Tiktaalik

Just tried to log into the eshop so I could download this and got a Error Code: 2124-8006. Is the eShop down?

Edit: Never mind just logged in...

Peltz

I'm at work now (should've brought my Switch... GAH!), but will definitely be on at 11pm and 7 am tomorrow!

I'm a kid now, I'm a squid.

AdanVC

Didn't know Nintendo was going to stream this. Cool! Looking forward to their squid puns! Also, hope they reveal the release date there!

I'm at work now (should've brought my Switch... GAH!), but will definitely be on at 11pm and 7 am tomorrow!

I'm a teenager now, I'm a squid.

Fixed :D

Splatoon party ready to kick off..

4 Switches fully charged, pizza ordered, wine opened..

CAN'T WAIT..

the other 3 switches are my nephews' so the wine is only for me..

Top Bottom