• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Hum? No, Splatfests have always been one day, starting right when friday ends(I think there have been a few exceptions to this in some regions, not 100% tho). They've never been the whole weekend/more than 24 hours.

Oh musta been mistaken then, luckily i already made it to King yesterday :p

Now to wait for the results and hopefully blue won

J@hranimo

Banned
1456041955755.png

NA Results!

ChrisD

So my brother has the TV right now...
What does one get if they didn't play a single round, but voted for the winning team? :p

L~A

So my brother has the TV right now...
What does one get if they didn't play a single round, but voted for the winning team? :p

You still get your shells, but not as many as someone who won and reached certain ranks (but more than someone who lost).

MouldyK

The EU is the only one where Blue Team had a lower Win Percentage than Red's Popularity Percentage...

...damn, Red got destroyed!

tumblr_m35zpnsSU91qi3bv5o1_500.gif

Richie

Grinning like a child, so, so much. BLUE VICTORY!!

And to make it worse, Red doesn't win in any single continent. Holy JESUS hahahahahaha

I fucking lost it at the nickname Marie gave to the Vulpix she traded to Callie. (
BLUEISBETTER
). Especially sweet because IIRC in Gen 1 you couldn't change the nickname of Pokémon you got in a trade (dunno if you can now) bwhahahaha BEAUTIFUL all around.

MouldyK

Red's Popularity Percentage Combined: 180%

Blue's Popularity Percentage Combined: 120%

Red's Win Percentage Combined: 120%

Blue's Win Percentage Combined: 180%

So basically, without the 6x Bonus for Wins...it'd be a Draw of 300-300!

Also, even if it was back to the 2x Win Bonus, EU's Score would still be 150-150...

...so even in Old School Rules, it'd still only be a draw!

So i am now maining the Dual Squelcher. Which gear is the considered the best`? Obviously Swim movement up as well as regular movement up is always a plus, but what about damage up? I think it takes like 4 hits for regular DS to kill, how many Damage up would i need (main slots or sub slots) to make that go to say, 3 hits?

Blues1990

This is probably going to be the last "Lagfest" that I'm going to participate, as not only the game had fucked me over with transferring me to the Pokemon Red team (despite voting for Blue on the day the Splatfest was announced), but I just kept getting unstable connections and being taken back to the main menu after not finding any matches.

To say that I'm angry is an understatement. There has to be a better way to earn those snails than being restricted to the stupid, unstable "Lagfest" events.

Jims

Blech, should've just metagame'd this. Was expecting all the kids to pick their buddy Charizard, but I went that way anyway because I always pick the fire starter. Surprised we got up to 41% win rate.

Congrats Team Blue!

Ah, the first Splatfest where I chose the losing side. Though it was done purposely, so no regrets. No surprise Charizard was the more popular choice in all three regions. Could've gamed it, but I am not hurting for rerolls at all.

Well done, Team Blue. Hopefully Marie fans are less bitter now.

Team Green, though...so damn vicious.

Yay team Blue, when I hit Champion I had to stop playing because my internet was acting up :(
Still a bit salty about how they changed the European Splatfest times, it was way better when it started at 19:00 on Saturday.

Moondrop

Banned
So i am now maining the Dual Squelcher. Which gear is the considered the best`? Obviously Swim movement up as well as regular movement up is always a plus, but what about damage up? I think it takes like 4 hits for regular DS to kill, how many Damage up would i need (main slots or sub slots) to make that go to say, 3 hits?
The dual squelcher shots cap at 33.3 each, so you can't bring it to a 3 hit kill. I don't use it personally but I wouldn't recommend run speed up either; it's more of a backline sentry weapon to me. Since the gun is fairly ink efficient, I would build around the bomb (ink recovery > ink saver sub) or special (charge up and/or duration), though ink saver main wouldn't hurt. Also with echolocator you can do the fun trick of bomb -> echo to refill -> bomb. Perhaps an actual squelcher main can weigh in...

And in answer to one of your previous questions, yes, with gyro on the right stick controls the camera left/right but not up/down.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yay team Blue, when I hit Champion I had to stop playing because my internet was acting up :(
Still a bit salty about how they changed the European Splatfest times, it was way better when it started at 19:00 on Saturday.

I believe the change was only so the results would be revealed together. They'll likely go back to the regular schedule with the next splatfest.

The dual squelcher shots cap at 33.3 each, so you can't bring it to a 3 hit kill. I don't use it personally but I wouldn't recommend run speed up either; it's more of a backline sentry weapon to me. Since the gun is fairly ink efficient, I would build around the bomb (ink recovery > ink saver sub) or special (charge up and/or duration), though ink saver main wouldn't hurt. Also with echolocator you can do the fun trick of bomb -> echo to refill -> bomb. Perhaps an actual squelcher main can weigh in...

And in answer to one of your previous questions, yes, with gyro on the right stick controls the camera left/right but not up/down.

Thanks a bunch. That actually helps me out quite a bit. I think i'll go with ink recovery gear for now... That is kind of a nice trick with the bombs, though to time it just like that just for getting 2 instead of 1 bomb seems kind of like a hassle (and i'll probably forget to do it anyways in the heat of battle)

RedFyn

Marie...won? After months of suffering her day has come...
icant1.gif
Only off the back of Blastoise and Venasaur. She only wins when her decision is just obviously absolutely superior.

Callie will go back to winning, sometimes she just has a lapse in judgement but that just makes her even more lovable.

EulaCapra

Finally a Splatfest where I'm actually proud to have chosen the winning percentage team! Go Blue!

I really want to see x2 multiplier return to North America. Just for kicks. Maybe it'll even out the amount of really good players not stuck with kids again.

Geg

DS/Custom DS main here, personally I stack on mostly swim and run speed, with one main of Ink Saver Main. Mainly because the DS is a kind of odd weapon in that it can easily switch between a defensive/line-holding weapon to a more offensive/aggressive weapon when it needs to, but it doesn't really excel at either because in close quarters firefights it's outclassed by short-ranged weapons with faster time to kills, and in long range fights it still kills slower than other weapons with similar range though its naturally faster movement speed and higher fire rate give it an edge in pressuring opponents.

For me the large amounts of run speed help me to keep up with faster short-range weapons when I need to get aggressive, and the swim speed helps with positioning and retreating when things get too dangerous. Also I think the DS is a naturally good anti-charger weapon and having lots of movement speed helps against them too.

Ogodei

Finally on a fricking winning team for Splatfest.

Choice was the Squelcher, and i was in some terribly lopsided matches in both directions.

Once my level 35 self with some 30s and 40s against some 10s and a level 1, where they didn't lose any players and got only 9.7% coverage at the end. My squad just got in there and hammered them near the spawn point while i hung back, needlessly, to catch anyone who slipped through. then later with a similar team for me against three 50s and a 40-something, though that wasn't as terrible of a blowout, think we hit 27%.

But the squelcher combined with my newfound motion control usage made me pretty ace. The range on that thing :)

Finally on a fricking winning team for Splatfest.

Choice was the Squelcher, and i was in some terribly lopsided matches in both directions.

Once my level 35 self with some 30s and 40s against some 10s and a level 1, where they didn't lose any players and got only 9.7% coverage at the end. My squad just got in there and hammered them near the spawn point while i hung back, needlessly, to catch anyone who slipped through. then later with a similar team for me against three 50s and a 40-something, though that wasn't as terrible of a blowout, think we hit 27%.

But the squelcher combined with my newfound motion control usage made me pretty ace. The range on that thing
:)

This is me right there. (Except it's a Dual Squelcher) I actually still use the stick for camera but for actual aiming, that ever so slight adjustement with the gyro is just golden and made my Kill ratio go up by a LOT!

Splatoon candy in Japan

あのイカの形をしたグミがノーベルさんより発売された。 イカのエキスを凝縮……ではなく、オレンジソーダとメロンソーダ二つの味が楽しめるという。 食感はまるでイカのように感じたが、味は爽やかだ。 たま~にタコも混じっているらしい。

(google translate)
Gummy in the shape of a squid that has been released from Nobel's. Rather than the condensation ...... extract of squid, orange soda and melon soda two of that taste can enjoy. Texture felt like a squid, but the taste is a refreshing. It seems to be mixed octopus once in a while ~.

ノーベルさんからはキャンデーも発売されたそうだ。 インクビチャビチャの個包装だが、中身は無事なので安心してほしい。 イカやタコ、ジャッジくんなどが描かれたちょっとかわいいシールシートが1枚付いている。 シートは全20種類あるという。

It seems to have been released even candy from Nobel's. But of individual packaging ink Bichabicha, but the contents is I want you to rest assured of safely. Squid and octopus, a little cute seal sheet such as Judge-kun is drawn attached one. That seat a total of 20 kinds of.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/701679753460191237
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/701680159313645568

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Splatoon candy in Japan

It seems to have been released even candy from Nobel's. But of individual packaging ink Bichabicha, but the contents is I want you to rest assured of safely. Squid and octopus, a little cute seal sheet such as Judge-kun is drawn attached one. That seat a total of 20 kinds of.

Based Judge-kun

Candy looks awesome, I want to bug World Market and Hot Topic to import that shit en masse.

Top Bottom