• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

I read somewhere that it was a Norman Reedus dummy for an action figure.

Was it ever confirmed to be a prop dummy for that actor? I thought people saw similarities between the dummy and actor and just assumed it was for Aaron's character.

Ah I just saw everyone mentioning Aaron's name when that image came out so just assumed that's what it was about.

I'm gonna say Abraham...not that we are likely to find out....

Mega

Banned
I've said Abraham for a while. He should be dead and the women's blood-curdling screams make sense... Sasha and Rosita losing their shit. Then we get the comic book aftermath scene of one of them beating on Rick for doing nothing. And then trying to get revenge and getting the bag-over-zombie-head treatment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Abraham would work for me. He has gotten a lot of screentime this season. And I don't know where they could go with his love triangle plot. Plus Denise "stole" his comic death. Still would prefer it was someone who has been around even longer, but it's better than Aaron.

I'd still prefer someone like Glenn or Daryl to get the bat. Feels like it's been ages since a proper character death, like Tyreese. All i know is that this is going to be a barn-burner tonight. Can't wait for the reactions.

I really hope it isn't abe. His character had a lot more to offer. Get rid of Glen or daryl and me room for new blood to rise up into "main character" territory.

After all the build up and hints during this season, if they don't kill Glenn it will be a total cop-out. I don't think the writers have the balls, anyway. If they can't kill off a major character during Negan's entrance, they never will.

Replicant

This is the spoiler thread, right? Okay..

I think it's Glenn. Steven Yeun has a major project shooting at the same time as the next season of WD is shooting.

Plus, the loudest screaming on the audio leak sounds a lot like Lauren Cohen's. It doesn't make sense for Maggie to scream that loud unless it is someone she cares about a lot.

LowParry

This is the spoiler thread, right? Okay..

I think it's Glenn. Steven Yeun has a major project shooting at the same time as the next season of WD is shooting.

Plus, the loudest screaming on the audio leak sounds a lot like Lauren Cohen's. It doesn't make sense for Maggie to scream that loud unless it is someone she cares about a lot.

I mean it makes all sorts of sense for it to be Glenn. But the kicker here is, and will piss off people, that there is a real good chance we're getting a cliffhanger. So we'll never really know till next season. Prepare for AMC marketing at it's finest of stupidity. I'm rather curious though what will be talked about on the Talking Dead.

Edit: And there's people already throwing out the "If this ends on a cliffhanger..."in the OT. Bleh. They know what's up. Jerks.

dustyherb

Fuck man I really want Abe to be in all out war. It's the perfect setting for his character but if he has to die then at least it's Lucille that takes him out. I still don't think it's going to be him but having Rosita, Sasha, and Eugene in the lineup is a big sign. At least he got a lot of exposure this season. I have seen a lot more people say how much they love Abe. So I could definitely see why they might give him this death.

After all the build up and hints during this season, if they don't kill Glenn it will be a total cop-out. I don't think the writers have the balls, anyway. If they can't kill off a major character during Negan's entrance, they never will.

True. The only time they really commit to killing a main character is when it's dictated by the comics (Shane) or the producer's hands are forced (Dale, Andrea). Most of the time it's B-tier supporting characters who only get some development just before they're killed off.

My character list of Lucille-ing in order of not-as-much-angst to nonononono -

1. Please be Daryl so his character development can stop going around in circles + taking other character's storylines.
2. Wah, Abraham, but at least it isn't Glenn.
3. If poor Steven Yeun is meeting Lucille after getting a bullshit fake death and getting shafted off to the side for his last season...
4. Noo, not my boy Aaron!
5. Oh, fuck, it's Rick, I'm foetal in the corner.

I'm still conflicted between Cliffhanger/Daryl/Abraham/Glenn.

Arrrrgh, nooooo, that's not great. I'd be less annoyed about losing Glenn if there hadn't been so little of him this season.

dustyherb

I definitely think it's Glenn. I always thought it was between him and Morgan. And with Morgan getting less screen time the second half I knew it would most likely go to Glenn. I'm going to really be surprised if it's not him. Gimple needs to prove himself he has never killed an Atlanta survivor yet. This is his time, he loves the comics I don't see why he would deviate from the source this time around.

But I definitely agree if Gimple can't kill one of the Atlanta 5 in this scene, he never will, and I will have lost all faith in him as showrunner. Maggie and Michonne could work also but I don't believe this death should go the a female.

LycanXIII

I'm more okay with a cliffhanger here than I am with the results of the Woman's Championship match at Wrestlemania. That finish pissed me off.

Alexandre

Banned
Its just me who thiks they will show negan last minute killing some main and cliffhanger?

I would love to have a huge chunck of the episode with negan (love the actor) but Im thinking that they will just show a little bit

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if a bunch of people will come in here to see what we know, and we'll just have to shrug our shoulders haha

I'm writing now, but I'm going to watch the episode in a bit. I'm still peeking in on these threads and Twitter to see the reactions.

Cliffhanger happened apparently. Not surprised. AMC knows how to pull in the crowds. I bet Season 7 will be the most watched season and the first episode won't even show who got killed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cheap cliffhangers are a lot of fun, good job walking dead.

Top Bottom