• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Just thought of something

Maybe one of you mentioned it already.

"If anyone moves or anyone says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start"

Is it possible he picked Carl and was going to beat his brains out without the other eye? Possibly dropping a hint with the "and THEN we'll start" line. I could be reading into it a bit much. Though he was pretty focused on Carl. Negan probably didn't like that Glenn was being a pain during his speech. I'm guessing they'd like us to read into that as well. Who knows

AndyD

aka andydumi
They could have kept them on contract for a few flashback scenes/ dreams or something though

Indeed. It's a good way for Carl to exit. He's older and probably wants to start acting in something other than this. His arc's move to other characters is another indication that way.

1-2 more "regulars" can be killed in episodes 2-3 like they usually do in each season to let people out of the series.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

"If anyone moves or anyone says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start"

Is it possible he picked Carl and was going to beat his brains out without the other eye? Possibly dropping a hint with the "and THEN we'll start" line. I could be reading into it a bit much. Though he was pretty focused on Carl. Negan probably didn't like that Glenn was being a pain during his speech. I'm guessing they'd like us to read into that as well. Who knows

Basically Negan wants Rick's group to work for him. Killing someone is just a punishment for them killing so many of The Saviors. It isn't Rick because Negan knows that Rick's the leader, and it isn't Carl because he knows that you're not going to get anything from Rick once you kill off his son.

I honestly wouldn't read much into any of Negan's speech, the majority of it is taken almost word for word from Issue 100 of the comic. Even the "...cut out his other eye..." part. Although in the comic I think Negan says to feed Carl's eye to Sophia, not Rick. Obviously since Sophia is long dead in the show, that had to be changed.

fauxtrot

Banned
I can't remember, was the "future serial killer" line from the comics as well? I really should reread the entire series sometime soon, it's been almost 5 years since I've last done that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can't remember, was the "future serial killer" line from the comics as well? I really should reread the entire series sometime soon, it's been almost 5 years since I've last done that.

Yep. Except Negan adds in a comment about Carl's story just getting started. They probably omitted that part just to have someone else for people to worry about. They left out a lot of the lines that would exclude characters from being picked, like Negan's mention of not wanting to come off as a racist.

LycanXIII

Just finished 153. I had a feeling
that Negan would kill the kid and do his own thing. I liked Dwight's motivation to change the meaning of Lucille too, but how long until Negan gets her back?

dustyherb

Just finished 153. I had a feeling
that Negan would kill the kid and do his own thing. I liked Dwight's motivation to change the meaning of Lucille too, but how long until Negan gets her back?
#153 spoilers
Yep I knew he would as well but I didn't think he would hug the kid when doing it lol. Im afraid he's going to kill Dwight to get it back, but I'm really just curious what Negan's overall plan is with the whisperers. Does he want kill Alpha and lead them? Doesn't seem like a group of people he would fit with at all. So what use does he have for them, he doesn't seem like he wants to kill Rick either. He could've just done that back at Alexandria.

Also I'm worried for Aaron and Michonne, mostly Aaron because it's been so long since he's done something major.

i dont think this makes sense.

If he already plans to kill Carl why would he treat the group, that he will cut the boys other eye out?
How would this be a warning for the group, if they already know its carl that will die.

Hey Rick im going to kill your son - but if you move - i cut his other eye out....so don't move or say anything

Sry for my bad english, but i hope you see what im trying to say

i dont think this makes sense.

If he already plans to kill Carl why would he treat the group, that he will cut the boys other eye out?
How would this be a warning for the group, if they already know its carl that will die.

Hey Rick im going to kill your son - but if you move - i cut his other eye out....so don't move or say anything

Sry for my bad english, but i hope you see what im trying to say

If they were going to kill Carl they would of done it when he got shot. He didn't survive such an injury just to die a bit later when he now has a whole plethora of interesting flaws they can delve into, especially when he's been the main character pushed to the side the most.

He ain't dying. Carl's gotten the short-stick these last two seasons, he's going to be prominently featured in S7.

fauxtrot

Banned
Comics Issue #153 Spoilers & Future Speculation:

Great issue! I am loving that they're setting up Negan going into Whisperer territory, and I think Kirkman is trying to lead readers to believe Negan wants to mobilize the Whisperers to attack Alexandria, but I think this is a fake-out. I think Negan is going to kill Alpha and destabilize the Whisperers for Rick. How awesome would it be to see him sneak back into Alexandria in the middle of the night, drop Alpha's head off on Rick's doorstep, hang up his coat and go to sleep in his cell. I think Negan wants out of the cell but wants to live in the community Rick built, so he's going to attempt to gain Rick's trust at any cost and thinks this will help him achieve that. Also, him killing Brandon still makes sense since he knows the kid betrayed Rick, so it was just old fashioned Negan justice.

Oh, and I think the community Eugene has come into contact with is a remnant of the American Government, since they're so close to DC and the person he's talking to mentioned that people came from all over the country to this one place. This is likely setting up a situation where these people aren't necessarily bad, but will try to assume control over the communities we currently know about, and could potentially mirror The Colonies vs the British government. How would Rick react if he met someone who basically told him "You're not in charge anymore, I am" and didn't operate the same way Rick would like / is used to, even if this person isn't inherently evil?

Comics Issue #153 Spoilers:

Great issue! I am loving that they're setting up Negan going into Whisperer territory, and I think Kirkman is trying to lead readers to believe Negan wants to mobilize the Whisperers to attack Alexandria, but I think this is a fake-out. I think Negan is going to kill Alpha and destabilize the Whisperers for Rick. How awesome would it be to see him sneak back into Alexandria in the middle of the night, drop Alpha's head off on Rick's doorstep, hang up his coat and go to sleep in his cell. I think Negan wants out of the cell but wants to live in the community Rick built, so he's going to attempt to gain Rick's trust at any cost and thinks this will help him achieve that. Also, him killing Brandon still makes sense since he knows the kid betrayed Rick, so it was just old fashioned Negan justice.

Oh, and I think the community Eugene has come into contact with is a remnant of the American Government, since they're so close to DC and the person he's talking to mentioned that people came from all over the country to this one place. This is likely setting up a situation where these people aren't necessarily bad, but will try to assume control over the communities we currently know about, and could potentially mirror The Colonies vs the British government. How would Rick react if he met someone who basically told him "You're not in charge anymore, I am" and didn't operate the same way Rick would like / is used to, even if this person isn't inherently evil?

Is this a mix of spoiler and future speculation?

fauxtrot

Banned
Yeah, it has spoilers for #153 and future speculation. I'll edit my post to be more specific about the future speculation part.

dustyherb

Comics Issue #153 Spoilers & Future Speculation:

Issue 153 spoilers
A lot of what you said is what I've been thinking as well. Negan definitely doesn't seem to want to hurt Rick. He could've killed Rick back at Alexandria so he's obviously up to something bigger. I was thinking it would be cool if Negan took control of the whisperers and the community Eugene was talking to turned out to be the real threat. Then Rick would have to turn to Negan and the whisperers for help.

I'm definitely thinking that the community Eugene is talking to is either what's left of the government, or possibly something similar to our group of communities. I really don't trust them one bit and Eugene seems to be giving away too much info in my opinion.

fauxtrot

Banned
Issue 153 spoilers
A lot of what you said is what I've been thinking as well. Negan definitely doesn't seem to want to hurt Rick. He could've killed Rick back at Alexandria so he's obviously up to something bigger. I was thinking it would be cool if Negan took control of the whisperers and the community Eugene was talking to turned out to be the real threat. Then Rick would have to turn to Negan and the whisperers for help.

I'm definitely thinking that the community Eugene is talking to is either what's left of the government, or possibly something similar to our group of communities. I really don't trust them one bit and Eugene seems to be giving away too much info in my opinion.

More issue 153 talk & future speculation:
I think they're going to end a future issue with Negan meeting Alpha and him more or less saying "Rick is our common enemy and they're militarizing to destroy your group, but I have a plan to bring them down", which would get people expecting another war, but I think he'll play Alpha and eventually challenge / kill her. I don't think he'd necessarily lead the Whisperers because there seem to be some pretty fundamental differences in how they're programmed vs how Negan leads; for example, rape is a huge no-no for Negan, and he loves the creature comforts of live, so I don't see him being very happy living the way they do, and they seem to operate in almost a cult-like manner, which makes it hard to believe he'd be able to lay down new law and change every Whisperer's beliefs, especially as an outsider. I think he'll create a power vacuum that cripples them or something like that, then show up at Alexandria to say "You're welcome."

Is there any way a device could realistically track where a signal from a radio like Eugene's is coming from? If so, and if this is a government with some remaining military tech, I could see them having the person on the other end talk to him regularly so they can find out where their community is.

Sorry for all of the spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, I just don't want to ruin anything for people that haven't read an issue that just came out.

LycanXIII

Is there any way a device could realistically track where a signal from a radio like Eugene's is coming from? If so, and if this is a government with some remaining military tech, I could see them having the person on the other end talk to him regularly so they can find out where their community is.

Sorry for all of the spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, I just don't want to ruin anything for people that haven't read an issue that just came out.

For that last bit, triangulation.

dustyherb

I think they're going to end a future issue with Negan meeting Alpha and him more or less saying "Rick is our common enemy and they're militarizing to destroy your group, but I have a plan to bring them down", which would get people expecting another war, but I think he'll play Alpha and eventually challenge / kill her. I don't think he'd necessarily lead the Whisperers because there seem to be some pretty fundamental differences in how they're programmed vs how Negan leads; for example, rape is a huge no-no for Negan, and he loves the creature comforts of live, so I don't see him being very happy living the way they do, and they seem to operate in almost a cult-like manner, which makes it hard to believe he'd be able to lay down new law and change every Whisperer's beliefs, especially as an outsider. I think he'll create a power vacuum that cripples them or something like that, then show up at Alexandria to say "You're welcome."

Issue 153 spoilers
Alll very good points Negan is definitely not going to permanently lead the whisperers if he even does at all. He would never live their style of life and your point of them not changing their beliefs for an outsider is spot on. Even if Negan did kill Alpha I doubt the rest of the whisperers would suddenly drop everything and change. It will be interesting to see where this all goes, hopefully Negan's plan becomes a little more clear in the next issue.

Grizzlyjin

Issue 153 Spoilers

I'm most interested to see where the radio thing with Eugene is going. Might be the next big game changer after The Whisperers have been dealt with. I think it would be cool if it ends up being a MUCH bigger group that is made up of remnants of the old government who takes in Rick's group, but they end up being way too authoritative. Not straight up evil, just they play nice and then start bossing "our" group around. It'd be interesting to see the group rescued in a sense, but then rebel against that.

I hope Negan never gets recaptured. I want him to fuck this war all up and then bounce. Then he shows up in 20 issues with a new posse. Negan has escaped and killed someone. Jailing him was a nice sentiment before, but Rick can't just return him to his cell after that.

UberTag

I'm convinced Neegan was aiming for Glenn, but Aaron accidentally falls on top of Glenn's body and receives the beating instead.
Perhaps Nicholas will materialize out of hammerspace and take the Lucille beating. But we'll initially think it's Glenn due to camera hijinx.

dustyherb

Issue 153 Spoilers

I'm most interested to see where the radio thing with Eugene is going. Might be the next big game changer after The Whisperers have been dealt with. I think it would be cool if it ends up being a MUCH bigger group that is made up of remnants of the old government who takes in Rick's group, but they end up being way too authoritative. Not straight up evil, just they play nice and then start bossing "our" group around. It'd be interesting to see the group rescued in a sense, but then rebel against that.

I hope Negan never gets recaptured. I want him to fuck this war all up and then bounce. Then he shows up in 20 issues with a new posse. Negan has escaped and killed someone. Jailing him was a nice sentiment before, but Rick can't just return him to his cell after that.
Issue 153 spoilers
I'm definitely curious to see where all this radio stuff goes. I do have a feeling that this group is much bigger then anything we have encountered yet but who really knows. They could be the next big threat after the whisperers or maybe they will help our group against the whisperers.

As for Negan I don't see him getting recaptured. I hate to say this but it's probably more likely he dies then goes back to prison. I still think it would be awesome to see Rick have to turn to Negan for help, whether it's for the whisperers or possibly this new radio group. I don't expect him to ever be redeemed or anything like that but having to team up with Negan would be very cool.

LycanXIII

Cover for issue 156 called
Queen and King

https://twitter.com/CharlieAdlard/status/719966205629612032
pnraJVv.jpg

So I'm watching the negan scene again and now I hope it's not Glenn in the comic before negan killed him everything seemed so happy for the two of them. However watching this scene again how shitty will it be if Glenn's last sight of Maggie is her looking all bad and sick man that could be so hard to watch .....

Mega

Banned
Issue 153 spoilers and speculation

I agree about the other group being former government and military.. being around since the start and with the infrastructure and resources in place, it makes sense they would be a much bigger group. The timing of Rick's communities forming a military, which will soon be at odds with the official gov't, is pretty much the perfect set up for The Walking Dead: Civil War. The gov't always having had old laws in place will probably find Rick's groups to be barbaric and weird.

What if Alpha doesn't die but yields to the new alpha, Negan, and they rule the Whisperers together? I still don't see how Negan fits in with this bunch. The Sanctuary is leaderless... maybe he retakes his seat and rules from there in partnership with the Whisperers. Then it turns into Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom vs Whisperers/Sanctuary? But minus the Whisperers, it does feel like too much of a repeat scenario from All Out War. I prefer if he destabilizes the Whisperers.

LycanXIII

Issue 153 spoilers and speculation

What if Alpha doesn't die but yields to the new alpha, Negan, and they rule the Whisperers together? I still don't see how Negan fits in with this bunch. The Sanctuary is leaderless... maybe he retakes his seat and rules from there in partnership with the Whisperers. Then it turns into Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom vs Whisperers/Sanctuary? But minus the Whisperers, it does feel like too much of a repeat scenario from All Out War. I prefer if he destabilizes the Whisperers.

Don't know about your theory with Sanctuary, but
It's going to end up with Carl in charge, they were teasing it just a couple issues ago.

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

LycanXIII

154 out today!
We get introduced to Beta McTwoknives and finally find out the name of the person on the radio. Michonne also tries to hook Aaron up with Jesus, who has "core strength for days."

Fear the Walking Dead show and TWD comic spoiler

I guess they won't be doing the return a zombied hostage with a bag over their head in TWD now....

Wonder if it is Maggie who dies then

There's some talk that Rick may have some hallucination/dream-like scene where everything is happy, all the characters including the LV would be present. I'm not sure how it'll play out but Negan apparently really turns Rick's world upside town beyond just killing someone.

There's also a rumour going about that AMC is paying the actor to stay on set for the rest of the season despite not having to film. Doubt it though.

They're supposed to be filming S7E02 at Hilltop tomorrow, so we may have better indication of who survived then. I'll say give it a couple months before we have a really good idea

Even if they do that, spectators are going to notice who's actually acting and who's just standing around set.

Not necessarily, he or she could just be doing studio work and thus that's the reason they aren't seen actually acting.

A lot of the times spectators don't even see the actual scenes being filmed... when the actors are seen its usually during break or they're being moved to a different location.

UberTag

Not necessarily, he or she could just be doing studio work and thus that's the reason they aren't seen actually acting.

A lot of the times spectators don't even see the actual scenes being filmed... when the actors are seen its usually during break or they're being moved to a different location.
I fully suspect they'll continue to trot people out in public intentionally to swerve the spoilers over the summer for what are actual PR arranged gigs.

Like that car crash last week SMELLS of shenanigans. "Oh look, Norman and Steven came out to help. Clearly Daryl and Glenn are okay and filming new scenes."

dustyherb

Fear the Walking Dead show and TWD comic spoiler

I guess they won't be doing the return a zombied hostage with a bag over their head in TWD now....
They will I'm sure of it, but it still might not be for a while depending on what point they get to from the comics this season. That didn't happen till the beginning of all out war. If they drag material out could be we don't see that till season 8.

Leeness

"In footage released in May 2016, it was finally revealed that Aaron was one of two victims of Lucille and the other is to be revealed October 2016."

???

What footage?

This is just a random sentence in the wiki plot summary for the finale. Just someone updating with BS?

Mega

Banned
Seems like made-up crap by a joker. Nothing like that about Aaron or anyone else ever came out.

Was it confirmed that there would be two victims?

Leeness

Seems like made-up crap by a joker. Nothing like that about Aaron or anyone else ever came out.

Was it confirmed that there would be two victims?

That's what I figured but wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

It just says exactly that at the end of the plot summary and I was like uhhhhh what.

OMG YOU GUYS FILMING SPOILER AKA THE GREATEST NEWS OF ALL THE NEWS (it's not who died though)

SHIVA IS IN
IT'S TIGER TIME

Not a real tiger - animatronics/CGI but I don't care, I love Ezekiel and Shiva and this makes me incredibly happy.

If I thought they'd kill off a woman, my money now would be on Sasha, after time to consider. I no longer think Abraham. Anyone else having a change of heart?

Top Bottom