• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify coming to PS3 and PS4; Music Unlimited shutting down.

I was on the brink of cancelling my Spotify subscription because they screw up either the desktop or the mobile version every other month. Now I guess I'll be stuck to Spotify because of PS 4 and I don't want to recreate my playlists in Google Music. :(

I was on the brink of cancelling my Spotify subscription because they screw up either the desktop or the mobile version every other month. Now I guess I'll be stuck to Spotify because of PS 4 and I don't want to recreate my playlists in Google Music. :(

Spotify isn't perfect, but Google Music is buggy as hell!

I wouldn't recommend it for mobile

Phionoxx

As others have said, I think google play music's subscription service is better but I have no idea about the chances of that being integrated. Thinking it is a very slim possibility if at all.

playXray

Did we ever get a proper ETA on this? I really hope it's not going to be one of those things that drifts on for months. I'm well hyped about this!

delSai

I hope it isn't as bad as the desktop Spotify after the latest update. Even if it is tho, it's nice to have Spotify on Playstation.

playXray

I hope it isn't as bad as the desktop Spotify after the latest update. Even if it is tho, it's nice to have Spotify on Playstation.

What's wrong with this? I really like it, especially that on Windows the 'close' button in the top right actually closes the program now, rather than minimise it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Did we ever get a proper ETA on this? I really hope it's not going to be one of those things that drifts on for months. I'm well hyped about this!

we're all assuming its coming at the end of the month when music unlimited shuts down. alongside fw 2.5

I don't know if it's better. But I do love the fact you can upload your own library to Google Music. That would be the plus if anything.

I've used all of the streaming music services and I don't think any one of them matches Spotify's navigation, just very clean and simple to use. You don't really think much of it while you use it but you miss it when using the other ones.

What's wrong with this? I really like it, especially that on Windows the 'close' button in the top right actually closes the program now, rather than minimise it.

Spotify developers on desktop versions are constantly taking out native code and replacing it with HTML and Javascript, introducing tons of lag on the interface and using a crazy amount of RAM compared to older versions.

jcm

I've used all of the streaming music services and I don't think any one of them matches Spotify's navigation, just very clean and simple to use. You don't really think much of it while you use it but you miss it when using the other ones.

I think Rdio's apps are better than Spotify's. But Spotify's library is much better, and I like using Spotify Connect instead of AirTunes. Also, I think Spotify's sound quality is better. I only use the Mac and iOS apps. Maybe Spotify's windows or android stuff is better.

Magnus

How do you use this as a game's custom soundtrack?

I'm trying to use it with FFX-2 remaster right now, and it's not disabling the in-game music. So Spotify and terrible jpop are playing on top of one another.

HALP

Squire

Banned
How do you use this as a game's custom soundtrack?

I'm trying to use it with FFX-2 remaster right now, and it's not disabling the in-game music. So Spotify and terrible jpop are playing on top of one another.

HALP

You'll need to disable the music in FF. looks like SE didn't program the game to disable it automatically if Spotify is in-use.

I don't think that's even an option in that game though...

Arttemis

I don't understand the UI. I search Kravinsky and it says no results. I search Nightcall, and I get 5000 remixes (many of which include the name Kravinsky.

How the hell are you supposed to use this app to find what you want to listen to?

I don't understand the UI. I search Kravinsky and it says no results. I search Nightcall, and I get 5000 remixes (many of which include the name Kravinsky.

How the hell are you supposed to use this app to find what you want to listen to?

Use the desktop or mobile app and sync it to the PS4. Far easier.

Arrrammis

I've been told that you can control the music via the smartphone app (since to change playlists you have to suspend whatever game you'/re playing). I haven't been able to find this option, is it a premium only thing?

DOWN

Banned
I've been told that you can control the music via the smartphone app (since to change playlists you have to suspend whatever game you'/re playing). I haven't been able to find this option, is it a premium only thing?
Nope it's free, should be easy to link if you just use the same Spotify account on both devices.

Arrrammis

Nope it's free, should be easy to link if you just use the same Spotify account on both devices.
I am able to use the same account and playlists, but I saw somewhere that you could use the smartphone app like a remote to switch playlists without reopening the ps4 app. I found Spotify connect on the mobile app, which looks like the correct thing, but it's a premium only feature.

DOWN

Banned
I am able to use the same account and playlists, but I saw somewhere that you could use the smartphone app like a remote to switch playlists without reopening the ps4 app. I found Spotify connect on the mobile app, which looks like the correct thing, but it's a premium only feature.
I know what you were talking about, but the remote features are free for me. Maybe region affects it? I'm in USA

Magnus

You'll need to disable the music in FF. looks like SE didn't program the game to disable it automatically if Spotify is in-use.

I don't think that's even an option in that game though...

Nope. So that's that then. I really thought custom soundtracks were supposed to be a system-level thing. Disappointing.

Connect is a premium-only feature, except when using it with a phone and PS4. Just have them on the same network, and it should work.

DOWN

Banned
I wish Sony would do a small update to remove the music unlimited icon. Still sitting there on my ui.

Where? Mine is gone. The dashboard only shows the 15 most recent apps/game and it isn't in my library now, so apparently they or I deleted it. I only have Playstation Music featuring Spotify now as a music app.

TalonJH

I wish Sony would do a small update to remove the music unlimited icon. Still sitting there on my ui.

Where? Mine is gone. The dashboard only shows the 15 most recent apps/game and it isn't in my library now, so apparently they or I deleted it. I only have Playstation Music featuring Spotify now as a music app.

It moves off the main UI once it's not in the last 15 but it still is on the system.

Anyone else have their ps4 connected to their amp via hdmi? I do, and I have a huge sub and spotify just doesn't activate it. No bass. It sucks because it sounds better when playing spotify off my computer which is also hooked up via hdmi. It sounds worse the higher I turn it up.

Top Bottom