• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Junpei Heat said:
1177181603933.jpg

;_;

Hero

Defuser said:
So coincidentally,all three of them are voiced by the same VA Rie Kugimiya.

I know the character from Hayate is the one for 'e' but who are the other characters? Do they have any significance with each other besides the same VA?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Hero said:
I know the character from Hayate is the one for 'e' but who are the other characters? Do they have any significance with each other besides the same VA?
Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Louise from Zero no Tsukaima

Besides the fact that they're all the loli, forceful yet reserved type? Not really. :D

IMO, the biggest surprise of the spring '07 season so far has been Ookiku Furikabutte. I really liked the 3 episodes already out and I dont remember why I downloaded the first episode, but I didnt even know about it until that point.

Fireblend

Banned
Change the topic title to
Kamina's dead
. That way we won't spoil anyone anymore. Or a warning, whatever works fine.

GURREN 8 SPOILERS ABOVE, btw.

7Th

icecream said:
Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Louise from Zero no Tsukaima

Besides the fact that they're all the loli, forceful yet reserved type? Not really. :D

And the three are special and have servants.

Also, Nia wins:

nia6.jpg

nia56.jpg

Defuser

Hero said:
They're loli,pedobait,Tsundere aka pretend to hate somebody but actually in love and very violent. :lol
Icecream already said who they are.

Defuser said:
They're loli,pedobait,Tsundere aka pretend to hate somebody but actually in love and very violent. :lol
Icecream already said who they are.
^ yay Kagami, I'm weak for tsunderes.
It's kinda a running joke almost since the same VA has done the same character (essentially) and uses the "shut up" x 3 somewhere in the series. I think its the same studio that produced Shana/Zero no Tsukaima/Hayate.

duckroll said:
I think the spoilers are really getting out of hand now.
I think I'm finally catching on to what the spoiler is... This really sucks. I knew I should have given in to the dark side and watched those Nyoro fansubs before it was too late. ;_;

7Th

ninj4junpei said:
I think I'm finally catching on to what the spoiler is... This really sucks. I knew I should have given in to the dark side and watched those Nyoro fansubs before it was too late. ;_;

Use anon, at least their script is accurate other than the "GIGA DRILL BREAKER".

Shouta

7Th said:
Use anon, at least their script is accurate other than the "GIGA DRILL BREAKER".

You know, that's what i heard him scream myself. What does he shout during that anyway? Random fits of shouting by Kamina = me convulsing as I try to translate it.

7Th

Shouta said:
You know, that's what i heard him scream myself. What does he shout during that anyway? Random fits of shouting by Kamina = me convulsing as I try to translate it.

No, Kamina screamed "GIGA DRILL BREAKER", that's official as they give the move that name at the animation groundwork for it at Gainax HomePage. anon translated it as "GIGA DRILL STRIKE".

karasu said:
****! This thread went to shit.

Lagann thread and Tsundere/Loli/Anime-Fetish thread?

Espada said:
Whoa, 7Th who is that? Gah, seems like there's images from later episodes everywhere now.

That's Nia, she just was in episode 8's preview and it's obviously very important as
she narrated the lines in it and named the next episode while Kamina used to do so when he was alive.
Anon didn't translated it, I posted it above: http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0zJ8deH0-A

Shouta

7Th said:
No, Kamina screamed "GIGA DRILL BREAKER", that's official as they give the move that name at the animation groundwork for it at Gainax HomePage. anon translated it as "GIGA DRILL STRIKE".

Ah, I knew I wasn't hearing stuff. :lol

I checked out anon's script for ep 8 after I finished my version. It's pretty accurate for a speed sub. It could be better but considering how fast they got it done, it's surprising that it's mostly there.

Akia

anotheriori said:
blah talk about cheap shots!

True, we knew it was coming. but she should've known better. You can't fight somone who's at +80% while your at +10. But yeah, she got soft. She should've taken her head when she had a chance.

Akia said:
True, we knew it was coming. but she should've known better. You can't fight somone who's at +80% while your at +10. But yeah, she got soft. She should've taken her head when she had a chance.
Yeah but Priscilla was at the point of no return, Teresa fell for the crocodile tears.. or so it seems. It seems like Priscilla killed her own father and has a self loathing about claymores? At least that what it sounded like when she babbled about.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I gave in and watched Ookiku Furikabutte. I'm surprised at how good it seems to be so far. I just hope that pitcher stops crying over every little thing, it gets a tad annoying.

Cloudy

Banned
anotheriori said:
Yeah but Priscilla was at the point of no return, Teresa fell for the crocodile tears.. or so it seems. It seems like Priscilla killed her own father and has a self loathing about claymores? At least that what it sounded like when she babbled about.

Seems like her dad was a Yoma

Mirimar

anotheriori said:
hehe
*kagami img*[/QUOTE]

Of the same thread, here is Minoru Shiraishi irl version wearing "twin tails" :lol

If you don't understand..I don't think you've seen ep 7 yet...

[IMG]http://www.lucky-ch.com/weekly/img/sp_minoru_title.jpg

Hero

Claymore is definitely a series I would suggest. It has a Berserk type feel to it, but I think it's easier to get into.

This week's episode was just very awesome from the animation to the pacing and it really gets me pumped to find out more about the anime/manga.

Do not read the following spoiler if you haven't seen Claymore episode 8:

Poor Teresa. She was just too awesome to die. I figured she would've went out more heroically or something as is the usual in anime, but she died so quick she didn't even realize it. Priscilla is a damn bitch! And also, when she killed the other Claymore, the one was pretty gruesome in how one of her finger-tentacle things went right through the eye. Jeez.

Clare will avenge Teresa one day...hopefully.

For some reason to me, Claymore fells like a more shonen version of Berserk complete with power rankings and so on. Still so far it's a really awesome show.

Aegus

farnham said:
agreed.... but then again.. we need claire and rakim again.. Theresa is badass..but adult claire is just so much better imo...

Spoiler in regards to the manga

Clare is the weakest of the Claymores, well until the end Northern campaign arc. I really can't wait to see that arc animated which should finish off the season.

Fireblend

Banned
Dam I'm getting flooded with univ. work again and won't be able to catch up for a while. I bet I've missed downloading a couple of episodes now, what's the last subbed episodes everyone downloaded (and from what group)?

Edit: Claymore was pretty good
too bad we're going to Claymore Clare and that annoying kid, Teresa-Clare duo was so much better.

Akia

Fireblend said:
Edit: Claymore was pretty good
too bad we're going to Claymore Clare and that annoying kid, Teresa-Clare duo was so much better.

Yeah.
Teresa/Clare was much better than Clare/Rakim.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Claymore 8 was pretty damn crazy,
that whole arc was actually very well done. Teresa had more of a personality than adult Claire...but I can't wait to see where they're going with this. Will Claire run into an "Awakened One?" Sure looks like it based on this set up.

Claymore started off decent, but the past few episodes have really taken the series to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom