• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

my boooody is ready

and i don't mind the lack of mass of pictures. Since of most of the other seasons were kind of shitty, i never got through the full bunch of em anyway.

Branduil

Chihayafuru 4

ibaGYhAbfxAFzh.jpg

How will you do that when you're playing karuta all the time?

Chihaya is such a complete dork.

Wonder if Sentai is gonna announce licenses for these anime before the first episode even airs again or if Funimation will finally get something, seemed like last season, apart from the niconico deal, they only got DxD after weeks later.

Lain

Inu x Boku SS 4

So many cute moments, with a little perverted moments, and even a couple romantic moments.
Wonder what the bodyguard of Ririsomething is planning.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Another 12
Even for this show the finale was pretty turdy. Are the creators of this show cavemen? Are there people who really have such a poor understanding of how fire works? Death scenes were boring,
too many people lived, reveal wasn't handled with any sense of emotion, and the epilogue was both confusing and aimless. Was the main character a murderer? Why would this be introduced it the show has no intention of explaining the why of Reiko's death even though it's supposed to be the catalyst for the entire series?

Save me Spring.

Another 12
Even for this show the finale was pretty turdy. Are the creators of this show cavemen? Are there people who really have such a poor understanding of how fire works? Death scenes were boring,
too many people lived, reveal wasn't handled with any sense of emotion, and the epilogue was both confusing and aimless. Was the main character a murderer? Why would this be introduced it the show has no intention of explaining the why of Reiko's death even though it's supposed to be the catalyst for the entire series?

Save me Spring.

That wasnt Sakakibara that killed her on the river, if I recall he only arrived in town once her funeral had taken place.

dimb

That wasnt Sakakibara that killed her on the river, if I recall he only arrived in town once her funeral had taken place.
I had a feeling it wasn't, but I still want more details of the event. It seems like a pretty important piece of the puzzle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope the Ano Natsu bros know to carry on the speculation here. I'm still confused by this connection to
Onegai Sensei
at the end.

Yay new season!

Another 12
Oh lawdy.
So I was spoiled on who the extra was early on but didn't know how they would explain it. Did I miss something earlier in the show when they talked about the aunt being his teacher? This felt like they kept the audience completely in the dark just to have a "shocking" reveal at the end. Its a cheap way to do things, I felt. The deaths in this episode were particularly lulzy as were the complete disregard for physics and logic. And the fact that Mei knew for so long and didn't tell anyone or do anything makes her a huge asshole in my eyes. Could have saved everyone a lot of heartache and misery. They also never explained why the curse started in the first place. Why the hell did one class refusing to accept the death of a classmate decades ago cause a huge shitstorm?
All in all this was fun in a trashy B-horror way but its definitely not a good show.

Now that I've gotten the stink of last season off me I can let Watanabe cleanse me with his golden showers of brilliance.

A season with shows actually worth watching. SHOCK AND AWE.

I can only speak to when I started watching currently airing anime, but every season for the past year has had quality shows worth watching, though some have had fewer than others. Certainly this season looks unusually strong, though I hope people aren't expecting another Cowboy Bebop out of Sakamichi no Apollon.

iavi

Are you still adding shows Miri? I see a bunch missing like Shirokuma Cafe.

I have a few actually. I wasn't expecting the pressure to pile up like it did, haha. Only two or three, I believe.

Why have you said this?

FSN, Fat Zero, dry info-dumping with insufferable characters. Fat Zero's a lot better than FSN in that regard, but it still didn't grab me, honestly.

Branduil

That episode of Chihayafuru had a rather funky moment of animation:

iERxFSkNBWBSs.gif

I get what they were going for, but... it doesn't quite work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yay new season!

Another 12
Oh lawdy.
So I was spoiled on who the extra was early on but didn't know how they would explain it. Did I miss something earlier in the show when they talked about the aunt being his teacher? This felt like they kept the audience completely in the dark just to have a "shocking" reveal at the end. Its a cheap way to do things, I felt. The deaths in this episode were particularly lulzy as were the complete disregard for physics and logic. And the fact that Mei knew for so long and didn't tell anyone or do anything makes her a huge asshole in my eyes. Could have saved everyone a lot of heartache and misery.
All in all this was fun in a trashy B-horror way but its definitely not a good show.

Now that I've gotten the stink of last season off me I can let Watanabe cleanse me with his golden showers of brilliance.

The teacher being his sister
was part of the surprise, yeah.

Makoto

Ano Natsu 12 (END)

So my theory was pretty much right? Right?
Kaito goes on and makes the mass effect, retrieves Ichika and they finish that movie. On a serious note, that could not have been Kazami (Please Teacher) that left the message? No way.
In any case, I have to say I still prefer Please Teacher to Ano Natsu but Ano Natsu wrapped things up in a very positive, sentimental way.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I hope the Ano Natsu bros know to carry on the speculation here. I'm still confused by this connection to
Onegai Sensei
at the end.

Which one? I apparently wasn't paying attention to that.
Or to be more honest I've only READ about Onegai Sensei, never actually seen it.

dimb

Oh, and zero mention of trains in the OP, you're letting me down Miri. Train Hero is going to blow up big time.
I really hope this show actually exists and comes out.

Ultimadrago

Don't worry. "Miri" fixed it. All is right with the world now.

Excellent!
duckroll is the tyrant this world needs!

Oh, and zero mention of trains in the OP, you're letting me down Miri. Train Hero is going to blow up big time.
I really hope this show actually exists and comes out.

Thomas deserves to share a lil' line or two...
or take Train Hero's potentially empty space!

iammeiam

Another 12

Save me Spring.

I think there would have been more of an emotional impact with the whole
Your Aunt is the teacher is the dead person! thing if we hadn't in the previous episode watched her get smacked upside the head with a broom and left for dead by her nephew-pupil in the previous episode.
Although I guess it does make Mei's actions at the end of episode 11 make more sense--
she probably thought she knew exactly where Mikami's unconcious body was, which would make her really easy to kill. Although in that scenario I'm not sure what good killing Mikami would have done. Assuming everyone still remembered the calamity was a problem, they wouldn't know a person they couldn't remember had died, so the crazy bloodlust would have still continued for a while.

Honestly I'd be fine with Another being the Final Destination of anime. Just release another sequel every few years, full of silly unpredictable deaths as the class tries to figure out how to stop the calamity, different twist ending each time... It wouldn't be high art, but it could at least be entertaining.

Instro

I have a few actually. I wasn't expecting the pressure to pile up like it did, haha. Only two or three, I believe.

Ah just checking, I saw it missing the train show as well so I figured it might have been more. Would have been hard to hype Shirokuma without an entry!

Articalys

Or to be more honest I've only READ about Onegai Sensei, never actually seen it.
Same here, but apparently
the memory voice was Kikuko Inoue's, and she played the teacher from the Onegai series.

Woo, new topic, new season.

Can't wait to watch a bunch of shows and drop half of them, while I keep amassing a backlog of older shows. Excitement!.

The Lake scene with the memory and voice was all from Onegai Sensei. The alien from that show crashed her ship in a Lake like that and when she left the planet everyone's memories were wiped. I don't think there is any doubt it was her voice. And Remon is probably Ichigo, a character from Onegai Sensei. Or else they just created a new character that knows aliens and has the same appearance, personality, and voice as Ichigo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Same here, but apparently
the memory voice was Kikuko Inoue's, and she played the teacher from the Onegai series.

Ah. That is interesting. I guess it could either be a direct connection or just kind of a fun "in joke" of sorts. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom