• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

It's been an ignominious past year for noitaminA. Fractale could at first be written off as a fluke, the result of Yamakan's crazed delusions. But then the much-hyped duo of Ano Hana and [c], from two esteemed directors, turned out to be garbage, and the era of newtaminA was upon us. Ungo and No. 6 continued the pain, but no one could have anticipated the dire stink of the crown jewels of newtaminA's fetid reign, Guilty Crown and BRS TV. But even as all hope was lost, two heroes of justice return to free us from this torturous era. The crowned prince of anime, Watanabe, and his ally, Nakamura, eager to avenge his past misdeeds. They will not fail us. They cannot fail us.

noitaminA lives again!

iJNbWfzcEAaAp.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well,
the whole lake, tree and voice recording were an entire reference to the events of Onegai Teacher, the voice being Mizuho, and the lake being the key setting of that series. The thing is that either something happened with Kei and Mizuho back in the day following what we knew (as it ended on a happy note), or this is all an alternate universe. Regardless, it confirms the connection between the 3 series, and confirms everyone's suspicions about the hints throughout the series ie. Ichika's memory implants suggesting she is a descendent of the same race, Yamano Lemon being Morino Ichigo (same exact characterization and personality, and MiB explains her being forever loli) and other things.

Point being, it was a wonderful nod to longtime fans, otherwise a nice conclusion in its own right to newcomers. :p

Hey icecream! :D

Anyway, I guess I'm confused if this is just random fanservice - like when Gintama got those Gundam voice actors to guest during that Gundam-parody episode or if this is a true tie-in.

As I said in the last thread
time-wise, it seems a bit weird because the implication is that the memory is genetic or somehow implanted into the Ichika and her sister. So, some time must have passed - even though Sensei seemed to take place in around the same time - but more importantly, Mizuho would have either have done the memory thing in between her departure and her return at the end of the series - in which case she's still on Earth or she left Earth after the tag at the end of the series, meaning that ending is suddenly not that "happy".

Maybe it's just something that you shouldn't think about too much, because then stupid science fiction junk starts getting in the way. I don't remember the original series all that much, but I can see how someone might enjoy that reference anyhow.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hey screw you OP! Accel World will be awesome!

----

The gaffers that can identify and memorize all 48 AKB48 anime girls' name and face should be forever honored in the next Anime thread.

It's been an ignominious past year for noitaminA. Fractale could at first be written off as a fluke, the result of Yamakan's crazed delusions. But then the much-hyped duo of Ano Hana and [c], from two esteemed directors, turned out to be garbage, and the era of newtaminA was upon us. Ungo and No. 6 continued the pain, but no one could have anticipated the dire stink of the crown jewels of newtaminA's fetid reign, Guilty Crown and BRS TV. But even as all hope was lost, two heroes of justice return to free us from this torturous era. The crowned prince of anime, Watanabe, and his ally, Nakamura, eager to avenge his past misdeeds. They will not fail us. They cannot fail us.

noitaminA lives again!

With Moyashimon S2 in the summer, hopefully noitamina is back to stay.

Solune

Always believe in Kenji Nakamura
So are you helping cosmic kickstart [C] S2?
Will be pleasantly surprised if I watch a full season of any show this Spring. A few of moderate interest:

Fate/Zero - Haven't watched the 1st season. I gave up around 10 - 15 minutes through the 1st episode. Will try again as I heard it is good (though compared to what, exactly, I'm not sure...).
If you can keep watching past episode 1, you will be rewarded greatly. I'm biased because I love every episode of Fap/Zero though.
Will never admit to watching

Sankarea
Rock Lee

Needs more Tasogare.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I hope SHAFT throws away some of the money it's about to get on another season of Soredemo.

Will never happen.

It almost feels like they've stopped doing risk-averse projects for good.

yeah, never gonna happen. FUCK :(

ZetaEpyon

Anyway, I guess I'm confused if this is just random fanservice - like when Gintama got those Gundam voice actors to guest during that Gundam-parody episode or if this is a true tie-in.

time-wise, it seems a bit weird because the implication is that the memory is genetic or somehow implanted into the Ichika and her sister. So, some time must have passed - even though Sensei seemed to take place in around the same time - but more importantly, Mizuho would have either have done the memory thing in between her departure and her return at the end of the series - in which case she's still on Earth or she left Earth after the tag at the end of the series, meaning that ending is suddenly not that "happy".

Maybe it's just something that you shouldn't think about too much, because then stupid science fiction junk starts getting in the way. I don't remember the original series all that much, but I can see how someone might enjoy that reference anyhow.

I just spent way too much time digging this up:
Onegai Teacher ep 2
Ano Natsu ep 12

Based on this, I'd say they're connected, and as previously mentioned, with all the MIB stuff, Lemon may in fact be Ichigo from Onegai. Same VA and all, naturally. :)

Ultimadrago

Fate/Zero 2, Lupin III, Sankarea on my list so far. I wonder if I should add more.

You can always drop in to see first/early ep. impressions. Might give you an idea of which waters to test.

Then again, dat mileage dat varies. If many are praising it however, it's probably safe to at least check out.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I would be perfectly content with more Soredemo.
Why the fuck wasn't it more popular :(

Lack of pantyshots.

I'll make this my periodic appeal for everyone to watch Natsu no Arashi, the other SHAFT anime about a girl named Arashiyama that works in a maid cafe. To steal firehawk's description, it's their secret best show.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bets on which is more gay, Apollon or Tsuritama?

Bullza2o

You can always drop in to see first/early ep. impressions. Might give you an idea of which waters to test.

Then again, dat mileage dat varies. If many are praising it however, it's probably safe to at least check out.
True that. I'm most excited for Fate/Zero.

Now it's finally time to watch the last episode from Fall Season lol

sleepykyo

Lack of pantyshots.

I'll make this my periodic appeal for everyone to watch Natsu no Arashi, the other SHAFT anime about a girl named Arashiyama that works in a maid cafe. To steal firehawk's description, it's their secret best show.

Is that based on another work of the School Rumble guy? Because he dragged that series out to point I don't want to watch another adaptation of his work.

Ultimadrago

Will (Probably watching 3 actively at a time, depending):
LUPIN THE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD
Apollon
Korra :Miri
Fate/Zero S2
Space Bros.
Jormungand
Hyouka
Sengoku Collection (Contest to the end!)

Maybe:
Medaka Box
Zetman
Naruto SD

Cwarrior

Since Miri doesn't do a good job of telling people why certain shows are worthy of their attention, I will take the task upon myself.

Jormungand - The manga is one of those cool action stories, and has been compared to Black Lagoon. The director (Keitaro Motonaga of School Days and Katanagari) and studio (White Fox of Steins;Gate and Katanagatari) don't have the best track record though.

huh? when did white fox have a bad track record wtf? have seen any of there shows?

White fox is a new studio and they already have great track record for an anime studio, they've made only 3 anime so far

Steins;gate one of the best anime to come out in 2011.

Katanagatari which I have only seen two 1 hour episde and it was troll tastic mmm. and hear it gets even more trolltastic at ep3 and later on

Also Tears to Tiara there first anime about some ...errr ....erogy game....erhhh....never heard of it...

2/3 is a great track record, better then gianax who's never had a good show or jc staff who puts out nothing but garbage cash-ins or bones who refuse to work on good source material in fear they might just melt are faces off.

Animation wise they are average all round, nothing note worthy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is that based on another work of the School Rumble guy? Because he dragged that series out to point I don't want to watch another adaptation of his work.

Yeah, it's his. I think that the Natsu no Arashi manga ended after a few volumes and the anime covers most if not all of the story, but I can't be certain. I'll admit that the second season begins to drag when multiple episodes recycle the same gag, but overall it's a decently-paced slice-of-life show.

Ozma, Zetman, Medaka Box, Accel World, Naruto SD: Rock Lee Seishun Full-Power Ninden, Kuroko no Basuke are on my watch list. There are some other that i will try to watch 1-2 episodes so i can decide to continue watching them or not.

icecream

Public Health Threat

Hihi!

Well, as mentioned
either something happened to Mizuho betond the scope of the original series that we don't know about, or the entire AnoNatsu is in a parallel universe where things don't turn out so rosy for our original heroes. But it certainly feels like a lot of time has passed between OT and AnoNatsu... Lemon/Ichigo's current job kinda confirms it, as well as the current state of the lake compared to the 'memory.'

And no passing love for Medaka (at least until it gets up to the manga) or Sankarea? Poor Rea, you've been forsaken and tossed aside for Deen to mutate you into a horrible on-screen abomination. :(
20120229_1847109.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom